IGNORED

Friendly at Portsmouth

Topper 123

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

QPR are so weak it is untrue.

Struggle to remember a side at our level looking so unprepared this close to a new season.

One of their CBs (Dunne) has just gone off with a shoulder injury (it looks serious), so the 2 playing CB at present have 1 minute of league experience between them, it would be like us starting with Araoye & Knight-Lebel next week.

They are weak but they had another team playing at Bedford today with quite a few first teamers in it.

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If last year is anything to go by, it’ll be an in house 11 v 11. Then Wednesday off. Team then picked and announced. 

Could be, there were no details just the comment from Tinnion that Benarous was super fit and would be getting minutes which cheered me. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

They are weak but they had another team playing at Bedford today with quite a few first teamers in it.

With the greatest of respect I’m not sure that’s the case.

Their official site is only reporting the Oxford game & their starting line up looks pretty much full strength to me;

Begovic, Kakay, Dunne, Gubbins, Paal, Chair, Field, Willock, Richards, Smyth & Dykes.

Adomah was also one of the subs used, apart from Dozzell & Fox who signed a few days ago I’m not sure who else they currently have.

Edited by GrahamC

15 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Enjoyed that. Some good performances. Impressed with Knight. 

Robins TV good for Tins insights. 

Very good buy as is Roberts. I expect them both to start v Preston. Think the latter may just get the nod over Pring as his crosses have been more productive. 

Dickie for me though is our best signing. Reminds me so much of Webster. Cool under pressure, solid and great distribution. 

Edited by OldlandReddies

Thought Knight looked really good, won a lot of 2nd balls, play good forward passes and drove forward himself when given space.

Quiet 45 from Scott, Bell not as involved in the left hand forward position as Mehmeti got. Cornick not a patch on Sykes for me, little to chose between Wells or Conway.

Be very interesting to see what the starting 11 is for PNE. I'd say Max, Vyner, Dickie, Tanner, Knight & Scott will start, the other 5 who knows!

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Thought Knight looked really good, won a lot of 2nd balls, play good forward passes and drove forward himself when given space.

Quiet 45 from Scott, Bell not as involved in the left hand forward position as Mehmeti got. Cornick not a patch on Sykes for me, little to chose between Wells or Conway.

Be very interesting to see what the starting 11 is for PNE. I'd say Max, Vyner, Dickie, Tanner, Knight & Scott will start, the other 5 who knows!

On today's showing, I think Nahki deserves to start , as does Sykes, Bell over Mehmeti and Cam over Roberts (just).

Knight and James appear nailed on as do Max, Dickie, Vyner and Tanner. Obviously, Scott will start if, as it appears, he's still with us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

They're strict on that - noncery - the 675, most football lads, tbf. Kicking each other to **** in front of kids, not so much 

It's the kids getting involved. I was at the Scummers derby game back in 2005 when "Britain's youngest football hooligan" was convicted. A 10 year old Pompey fan who threw a brick at the police. 

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With the greatest of respect I’m not sure that’s the case.

Their official site is only reporting the Oxford game & their starting line up looks pretty much full strength to me;

Begovic, Kakay, Dunne, Gubbins, Paal, Chair, Field, Willock, Richards, Smyth & Dykes.

Adomah was also one of the subs used, apart from Dozzell & Fox who signed a few days ago I’m not sure who else they currently have.

Sorry Graham, I was going through FlashScore and first result I came to was Bedford 1 QPR 2 then looked at the team. FlashScore is wrong as it has exactly the same team playing at Bedford and Oxford!! So yeah they really are so underprepared!!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Very good buy as is Roberts. I expect them both to start v Preston. Think the latter may just get the nod over Pring as his crosses have been more productive. 

Dickie for me though is our best signing. Reminds me so much of Webster. Cool under pressure, solid and great distribution. 

Finally! Take a bow sir. Most people like to talk in riddles about Roberts claiming he’s ‘technically good’ whatever that means! Nice to see someone just say he looks good

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Said that Benarous is looking very good in training and has recovered exceptionally well. Expects him to play in the behind closed doors friendly. 

That’s brilliant news and a timely boost ahead of the new season- obviously not expecting him to be in match day squads to start with but hopefully if no setbacks he may be in contention after the first international break or is that wishful thinking?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jose said:

A bit more scrappy second half, which is to be expected with all the changes. Still enjoyable. 
Thought Robert’s looked technically very good.

Bring on next Saturday. 

I bet the Pompey starting eleven were relieved to see 7 changes at ht, because they didn’t really get a kick first half.

They are hugely fancied to come, they’ve recruited excellently, and we made them look very poor.

Happy we saved a few goals for the season over the past two games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I bet the Pompey starting eleven were relieved to see 7 changes at ht, because they didn’t really get a kick first half.

They are hugely fancied to come, they’ve recruited excellently, and we made them look very poor.

Yes I mentioned this on a FB post. We don’t know yet how poor the opposition really are yet. Time will tell. But you can only beat what’s in front of you and I’m confident NP asked for teams to put out crap for us to play. Or maybe not!

Edited by REDOXO

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

I think Roberts is great, but defensively Pring is so good, andRoberts needs a bit of work on that.

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Im probably being a bit thick here, but here goes anyway, who was Mr Pearson talking about when he mentioned Bournemouth away friendly last season. 

Araoye 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Im probably being a bit thick here, but here goes anyway, who was Mr Pearson talking about when he mentioned Bournemouth away friendly last season. 

I think he was referring to Raphael Araoye, seemed to be saying that he played then before having an injury interrupted season last time out.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We really were very good in the first 45. Not so much 2nd half but played some lovely stuff at times.

• Like 1