IGNORED

Friendly at Portsmouth

Topper 123

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why not go on the OS and see for yourself how many are left ?

Because they don’t always release the full allocation on there straight away (as they haven’t done in this instance) so the numbers remaining aren’t a true reflection of what we’ve sold?

Any need for a sarky answer?

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why not go on the OS and see for yourself how many are left ?

Maybe because the OS won’t provide the answer?? Anyone who travels away will know that the OS doesn’t keep a rolling tally of tickets sold and the ticketing website is unreliable as they’re sold in batches. Only people at the club in the ticketing office will know, hence the thread asking if anyone has any idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We don't take 2,000 to most league games, so I somehow doubt we'll be taking that to a pre-season friendly in Portsmouth. 

Sold about 1,000 I believe mate so it'll probably be about 1.5kish.

Haven't played there for a while have we.

• Like 1

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We don't take 2,000 to most league games, so I somehow doubt we'll be taking that to a pre-season friendly in Portsmouth. 

I agree, I originally expected a few hundred at topds

6 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Sold about 1,000 I believe mate so it'll probably be about 1.5kish.

Haven't played there for a while have we.

1000 were sold in the first 24 hours, I know the last batch of 500 tickets to issue were due to be sent to the club at the end of last week

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

I agree, I originally expected a few hundred at topds

1000 were sold in the first 24 hours, I know the last batch of 500 tickets to issue were due to be sent to the club at the end of last week

It has a bit of a boys day out feel to it. Wasn’t originally going to bother then had my arm twisted in the pub last weekend. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It has a bit of a boys day out feel to it. Wasn’t originally going to bother then had my arm twisted in the pub last weekend. 

Tis true,I know a few who are going.As soon as it was announced people were up for it.

16 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

Because they don’t always release the full allocation on there straight away (as they haven’t done in this instance) so the numbers remaining aren’t a true reflection of what we’ve sold?

Any need for a sarky answer?

Thanks mate always get some clever **** reply :laugh:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not somewhere we go often, a lot optimism for the coming season , some decent pubs down in the old town ( quite a distance from the ground though ) also a few friends made from the old days ( if you know you know ?)

think we could easily take near on 2000k - don’t tell the gas though as they will tell us they would have taken 4000k

talking of the gas how’s that stand going ?❌⏰?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Not somewhere we go often, a lot optimism for the coming season , some decent pubs down in the old town ( quite a distance from the ground though ) also a few friends made from the old days ( if you know you know ?)

think we could easily take near on 2000k - don’t tell the gas though as they will tell us they would have taken 4000k

talking of the gas how’s that stand going ?❌⏰?

Know a few Pompey boys myself and they’ll all be going down to the game.

Could be some fun in the sun :D 

11 hours ago, AG City said:

Judging by my experiences of Fratton Park in the 90s, and given this is on general sale with a 3pm kick off on a possibly hot summers day, plenty of trains, am I the only one thinking this has the potential to be a bit er...lively?!

It had crossed my mind ?

• Haha 1

On 13/06/2023 at 11:57, AG City said:

Judging by my experiences of Fratton Park in the 90s, and given this is on general sale with a 3pm kick off on a possibly hot summers day, plenty of trains, am I the only one thinking this has the potential to be a bit er...lively?!

Used to be in the 70s

• Like 1