IGNORED

Friendly at Portsmouth

Topper 123

This time last year i traveed down the coast to see City play Bournemouth in a pre season friendly. was  impressed with what i saw, and we won 1-0 and it was a penaity. Tomorrow driving in the opposite direction to Portsmouth. looking forward to seeing the team again.

10 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

This time last year i traveed down the coast to see City play Bournemouth in a pre season friendly. was  impressed with what i saw, and we won 1-0 and it was a penaity. Tomorrow driving in the opposite direction to Portsmouth. looking forward to seeing the team again.

Yep, had a good weekend.

Araoye played in that game at 17 and didn't look at all out of place, although NP said its straight back to the u18s for him.

On 27/07/2023 at 15:32, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Around 1,800 tickets sold so a decent Away following to the south coast 

No doubt Rovers will take 5,000 next week to Portsmouth and  Portsmouth fans will allegedly be saying how much better in terms of numbers & noise Rovers were compared to City and they will now adopt Rovers as there 2nd team 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, redkev said:

No doubt Rovers will take 5,000 next week to Portsmouth and  Portsmouth fans will allegedly be saying how much better in terms of numbers & noise Rovers were compared to City and they will now adopt Rovers as there 2nd team 

We are probably going to end up taking the same as them, about the full 1900 allocation. Nothing was made of them taking about 150 to Swansea Tuesday night though…awful quiet on that front. 

• Like 1

• Admin
32 minutes ago, gibbo7 said:

Can anyone suggest a good place to park at Pompey?

See below @gibbo7 hopefully of use ?

On 18/07/2023 at 17:06, phantom said:

Taken from Football Fans Guide:

There is a large car park behind the Fratton End but this costs £10 per car. It can be accessed via Anson Road (PO4 8SX), but this is opposite to the away end so is probably not really suitable for away fans to use. The good news is that there are few parking restrictions in place close to the ground. So if you arrive early enough, you can normally find some street parking only a few minutes walk away. When I have visited, I have parked in one of the side streets, found on the right-hand side of the A2030 before you reach the Good Companion pub. Alternatively, Miltoncross School, which is a five minute walk from the ground offers parking at £5 per car. The school is located in Milton Road (post code PO3 6RB). Derek Hall adds; ‘There is also a very large car park (for a fiver) on the corner of Velder Avenue and Milton Road (a couple of minutes walk behind the away end)’. There is also the option of renting a private driveway near Fratton Park via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.

Post Code for SAT NAV: PO4 8RA

34 minutes ago, redkev said:

Do we think we will start with next weeks starting eleven then swap things around as the game goes on 

or throw a curve ball for PNE and start with a different formation / line up that we will have next week 

Going off last two seasons think it will be the 11. Only change from the last pre season game to the first league one was Scott came in for Palmer two seasons ago

40 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Going off last two seasons think it will be the 11. Only change from the last pre season game to the first league one was Scott came in for Palmer two seasons ago

I think that’ll be in his mind….but woe betide any of the starters not taking the opportunity to nail down their place! ???

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Max

Tanner
Vyner
Dickie
?????

James
????
Scott

????
????
????

I could guess at the rest , but it would be a guess. Good competition/cover , specially when you add McCrorie & Naismith. 

Knight starts in this team 100%

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Max

Tanner
Vyner
Dickie
?????

James
????
Scott

????
????
????

I could guess at the rest , but it would be a guess. Good competition/cover , specially when you add McCrorie & Naismith. 

Oi, get off OTIB and finish that ironing! ???

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2023 at 15:32, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Around 1,800 tickets sold so a decent Away following to the south coast 

We are a peculiar lot, us Bristolians/City fans. Portsmouth (a shit-hole down south) is 117 miles away, and a journey of 2 hours 9 minutes (via M4). And we take 1800 to a pre-season friendly. Meanwhile, Stoke-on-Trent (a shit-hole up north) is 126.9 miles away, and will take us 2 hours and 24 minutes to get there. We will take just under 900 there, for a Championship league fixture.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We are a peculiar lot, us Bristolians/City fans. Portsmouth (a shit-hole down south) is 117 miles away, and a journey of 2 hours 9 minutes (via M4). And we take 1800 to a pre-season friendly. Meanwhile, Stoke-on-Trent (a shit-hole up north) is 126.9 miles away, and will take us 2 hours and 24 minutes to get there. We will take just under 900 there, for a Championship league fixture.

Something  with being £12 a ticket instead of £35

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yep, we are a bonkers club :laugh: absolutely gob-smacked we are taking so many. The new players will be WTF. Hats off to everyone going though, the bar staff in the pubs won't know what the hell is going on :laugh:. Hopefully we can get a win and go into the weekend buzzing.