IGNORED

Gordon McQueen

Ronnie Sinclair

7 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Saw him down at Ashton Gate a few years ago at an evening game with Big Joe. Even then he was a tall, striking and imposing fella.

RIP.

They are huge pals.

Im sure there’s a old photo of Gordon and Joe together with Hayley as a child

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They are huge pals.

Im sure there’s a old photo of Gordon and Joe together with Hayley as a child

Think they moved from Leeds to Man U at a very similar time, plus of course were international team mates.

I’m sure this will have hit him hard.

Very sad, 70 really is no age.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think they moved from Leeds to Man U at a very similar time, plus of course were international team mates.

I’m sure this will have hit him hard.

Very sad, 70 really is no age.

It’s not a great age these days with the advances made in medicine. However he suffered from Alzheimer’s later life very likely caused by heading so many footballs.

Its a sad reflection that so many footballers of his era have suffered in the same way.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s not a great age these days with the advances made in medicine. However he suffered from Alzheimer’s later life very likely caused by heading so many footballs.

Its a sad reflection that so many footballers of his era have suffered in the same way.

He was diagnosed with dementia two years ago

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, BS3City said:

Saw him down at Ashton Gate a few years ago at an evening game with Big Joe. Even then he was a tall, striking and imposing fella.

RIP.

Yes I saw him with Joe at one of the last Leeds games at the Gate, they sat a few seats up from me. Probably one of if not the last football match Gordon went to I’d imagine as he wasn’t looking good. Joe was having to help him in and out and they left early.

I remember the pair of them moving from Leeds to Man U, a great pair of Scottish footballers and a huge loss to Leeds, the hatred of Man U still exists at Elland rd

We`re all getting used to hearing of the passing of great players from the past - John Hollins this week is a case in point - but up to now they have mostly been from the 60s & 70s. Gordon was part of the next `batch` after them so I suspect we may start hearing of more in the future as they get older.

Gordon`s last game was only seven years before the Premier League was formed - makes you think.