IGNORED

Kane Wilson to Derby - Confirmed

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Same with Exeter as their right wing back Key has turned down a new contract and available on a free 

Both Key and Collins will be subject to compo / tribunal as u24.

I really like Collins (not as much as Knight - different players) but a long term succession plan for James and Williams imho.  Can do a bit of everything as a DM.  He fits the “Tinnion Brief” too (not Tinnion’s briefs!)

Key’s progress has slowed a bit in Lg1, but he’s still one to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

One of those things, hasn’t worked out for a load of reasons. Bought his ‘forever home’ back in the midlands and his partner and kid have been back there basically all season. He’s been rehabbing and training by himself back home for quite a while it sounds like. Would be amazed if he’s not back at a club nearby there either on loan or perm. 

Strange, didn't he say his Mrs was from Bristol ?

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Both Key and Collins will be subject to compo / tribunal as u24.

I really like Collins (not as much as Knight - different players) but a long term succession plan for James and Williams imho.  Can do a bit of everything as a DM.  He fits the “Tinnion Brief” too (not Tinnion’s briefs!)

Key’s progress has slowed a bit in Lg1, but he’s still one to keep an eye on.

Yeah I’d have thought it would’ve been compensation, seen Key linked with Swansea. Collins I’m shocked hasn’t had a lot of interest yet, only heard really good things about him 

If the posters above are true about him working hard in the off-season, I have not lost hope for him.

Players such as Vyner and Pring knuckled down when it was looking like curtains on their Bristol City career, and convinced Nice to give them another chance, and they were better for the experience.

Maybe this could be another case of the same? If he comes back really fit and firing pre-season, then you never know. Otherwise, seems a great shame to lose a player with great upside, although I entirely trust the club's judgement.

Any idea on the length on his contract? Would it make sense to keep him about for 6-12 months and really see what he is like when fit, potentially loaning him at some point for half a season to show what value he has? Could mean a bigger sale at the end of it.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Going to wait and see on this one. I hope he stays and pushes to get into the team but Pearson will know how he is in training around the club and I don't. Unless McCrorie was specifically bought in for right back then I really hope we replace Wilson if he does go rather than having players covering the position who are more useful elsewhere on the pitch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marcofisher said:

If the posters above are true about him working hard in the off-season, I have not lost hope for him.

Players such as Vyner and Pring knuckled down when it was looking like curtains on their Bristol City career, and convinced Nice to give them another chance, and they were better for the experience.

Maybe this could be another case of the same? If he comes back really fit and firing pre-season, then you never know. Otherwise, seems a great shame to lose a player with great upside, although I entirely trust the club's judgement.

Any idea on the length on his contract? Would it make sense to keep him about for 6-12 months and really see what he is like when fit, potentially loaning him at some point for half a season to show what value he has? Could mean a bigger sale at the end of it.

Don’t disagree. Could be just paper talk or maybe Nige has decoded to see if there is any interest as he has not been too impressed so far.

Bit of a shame as he was the sought after player from the efl last year and we never got to properly see him in action.

However we've done the right thing and cashed in whilst he has some value especially if NP can't see him breaking into the team. Least were being proactive with moving players on rather than letting them stagnate and going for free. Also potentially we may have a sell on if he does well and moves on for decent money.

• Like 1

Going to be a massive sell on clause in the deal isn't there.

If he does well in L1, and gets that sort of move then it will be a good bit of business.

I think this works well for all parties, I can't see him getting any game time at all with us this year.

• Like 2

Reading between the lines seems like he didn’t fancy the challenge. Seemed to be an agreement he’d be off before summer hit.

Was living on his own as well, spent any off days back in the midlands with his family, so imagine Bolton moves means he can move back to the midlands full time. 

one to file under the ‘just one of those things’ column. 

• Like 1