IGNORED

SCOTLAND

sticks 1969

Back in the 70's I was always gunning for Scotland ( yes I know England failed to qualify). However as their hatred for England has manifested itself and become more vitriolic over the years , I personally couldn't give two hoots about them and hope they mess up big time 

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Much prefer Scotland to Wales nowadays 

Was actually quite pleased for them - great result 

For me Scotland have always our noisy neighbours and although they’re pretty crap I secretly have something of of soft spot for them - much the same way that I have soft spot for Lincoln City.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

not to everyone’s liking but a good 3 points for them tonight. Personally like to see them in tournaments always makes it a bit more interesting 

tin hat at the ready …..

Sorry sticks there not to my taste , I work up there a fair bit and as work goes they are a decent crack and the anti English thing is all a bit of a smokescreen , put when it comes to football I can’t stand them I hate this tartan army love in just a bunch of drunken dick heads , still give them stick about them celebrating beating us 0-0 ( in there eyes ) in the euros bit like Swindon winning the league in October ???

• Like 1

As a lads weekend we normally try and watch Ross County in the highlands once a season 

The people are really welcoming and last time had a good chat with Malky Mackay and Jack Baldwin ex gas who didn’t say much positive about Barton, so he was ok

So since we’ve been doing this got a much softer spot for Scotland and can’t stand the Welsh

9 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He's a very good manager. Hugely underrated 

He is and is doing an excellent job with very limited resources regarding player numbers.

Our expectations are very different to Englad’s, reaching the finals and getting out of the group is as far as it goes in reality.

Tuesday night is big for us, Georgia have rained on our parade previously, but a win would put us in a strong position. 

Chickens are not being counted however

Edited by ScottishRed
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Did an unbelievable job with Kilmarnock. I think he led them to their best league finish for 40+ years.

Interesting he was apparently approached by Celtic last time round and made it clear he did not want any part of the nonsense that goes with that job or with their equally ugly sister. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

Interesting he was apparently approached by Celtic last time round and made it clear he did not want any part of the nonsense that goes with that job or with their equally ugly sister. 

When he last took Kilmarnock to Ibrox he was the victim of Sectarian abuse from sections of the Rangers fans. You can imagine that some players/managers don't want the extra heat that goes with Old Firm employment.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

When he last took Kilmarnock to Ibrox he was the victim of Sectarian abuse from sections of the Rangers fans. You can imagine that some players/managers don't want the extra heat that goes with Old Firm employment.

Absolutely correct.

I am led to believe that Eddie Howe turned down Celtic two years ago for exactly that reason. 

Ange took the job as 2nd choice maybe 3rd. 

If I was in football management I would go nowhere near either of those clubs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I thought the entire "rest of the squad" were named as subs these days and you can use five from the whole squad ?

No, there are 12 subs & he wasn’t one of them, same thing happened to Joe Low with Wales.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Malago said:

England play them at Hampden in Sept to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the 1st football international, which was held at the West of Scotland Cricket club in Glasgow.

Very much nothing to gain, all to lose for England 

50 years ago to celebrate heir 100th anniversary, Scotland hosted three friendlies. Complete embarasment.

Scotland 0 - England 5, Scotland 0 - W Germany (then Euro champions) 5 then Scotland 1 - Brazil (World Champs) 1 who didn't break sweat.

I quite enjoy the banter that Scotland not qualifying creates. The gift that keeps on giving, as Scotland get so close then fluff it at the last.

I had not been so pleased to see Harry Kane score in a match after Leigh Griffiths had scored those quality free kicks against Joe Hart back in 2017.  The ribbing would of been merciless. ?