IGNORED

Darren Moore

Red Army 75

An interesting appointment. Not one of the usual names.

Yes he got promoted with Watford when they were stalling but that was a strong Watford side with multiple PL players and Year 1 Parachute Payments. Did lockdown also amplify advantage of the sides relegated from the PL in 2019-20? Maybe.

Thought his sacking by Watford was a bit harsh too but some very different circumstances between the two jobs, unknown quantity I'd say.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

An interesting appointment. Not one of the usual names.

Yes he got promoted with Watford when they were stalling but that was a strong Watford side with multiple PL players and Year 1 Parachute Payments. Did lockdown also amplify advantage of the sides relegated from the PL in 2019-20? Maybe.

Thought his sacking by Watford was a bit harsh too but some very different circumstances between the two jobs, unknown quantity I'd say.

He did do a good job getting the team to be together and got the best out of Sarr in particular.

Unfortunately got found out in the PL tactically so fans at the time weren’t sad to see him go but maybe in hindsight a bad move !

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

I don't think he's a bad manager wasn't a bad result yesterday either. 

I watched it and thought the first half was bloody dreadful. A Better second half and thought Huddersfield deserved to win it. Seems strange to bin him after such a short period. It begs the question of who could do any better? You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I watched it and thought the first half was bloody dreadful. A Better second half and thought Huddersfield deserved to win it. Seems strange to bin him after such a short period. It begs the question of who could do any better? You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

early days i know but some interesting names in this list for new manager

Paul Heckingbottom 1/2

Michael Duff 8/1

John Eustace 10/1

Gary Rowett 12/1

Alex Neil 14/1

Steve Cooper 14/1

Nathan Jones 20/1

Nigel Pearson 20/1

Chris Hughton 25/1

Daniel Stendel 25/1

Dave Challinor 25/1

Lee Johnson 25/1

Mark Warburton 25/1

Neil Lennon 25/1

Edited by Super

1 minute ago, Super said:

John Eustace 10/1

Gary Rowett 12/1

Alex Neil 14/1

Steve Cooper 14/1

Nathan Jones 20/1

Nigel Pearson 20/1

Chris Hughton 25/1

Daniel Stendel 25/1

Dave Challinor 25/1

Lee Johnson 25/1

Mark Warburton 25/1

Neil Lennon 25/1

I feel a lot of that list is one that bookies have good to go for any Championship vacancy that comes up. Rowett, Neil and Warburton in particular are likely to be linked to every job that comes up until they take something. My guess is that Cooper would feel he could do better, as might Hughton, Pearson might or might not be ready to take something else depending on his health and Lee Johnson would very much be failing upwards if he got a Championship job right now.

If I was them and that was the list, I'd be looking at Rowett and Neil but I feel it might be someone not on that list at all. 

8 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Neil Warnock is available..

Seems Moore was too negative and dull for the fans liking .

I went to Norwich v Huddersfield over Christmas and the Huddersfield fans were singing for his return.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Paul Heckingbottom 1/2

Michael Duff 8/1

John Eustace 10/1

Gary Rowett 12/1

Alex Neil 14/1

Steve Cooper 14/1

Nathan Jones 20/1

Nigel Pearson 20/1

Chris Hughton 25/1

Daniel Stendel 25/1

Dave Challinor 25/1

Lee Johnson 25/1

Mark Warburton 25/1

Neil Lennon 25/1

I think the short odds on Heckingbottom has as much to do with the geographical aspect of previous jobs and where he is based. Personally, I think that would be a risky job to take from his point of view.

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I wonder if he'll be in the frame for the Charlton job...

I was about to say the very same thing.  He'd be a good fit for them....whether or not they'd be a good fit for him though is another matter.  Seem to be a bit of a basket case of a club at the moment.