IGNORED

Darren Moore

Red Army 75

33 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Zilch, probably. Most clubs buy players for the good of the club and expect the manager to mould them into a team.

Due to his lack of game time (injuries aside) I would guess that O Neil wasn't a great Semenyo fan.

Really blimey. Has anyone told Nigel Pearson that? 

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

I always said every time the Leicester rumours surfaced that I would be far more worried if Wednesday were looking for a manager. ?

I think he's said in past he'd never manage us, he lives in Sheffield still I think (unless he's moved down your way now?) and I think he said something along the lines of he wouldn't want to spoil living here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I think he's said in past he'd never manage us, he lives in Sheffield still I think (unless he's moved down your way now?) and I think he said something along the lines of he wouldn't want to spoil living here.

He’s kept his place in Sheffield but now has one down here, too.

I think we’re his last job in football, he’s 60 soon & reckon that when his time is over with us that’s it.

No disrespect to Wednesday, who are a massive club, but I honestly don’t think it would matter who it was.

Seems obvious your owner has someone lined up anyway & that won’t be Nigel Pearson.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s kept his place in Sheffield but now has one down here, too.

I think we’re his last job in football, he’s 60 soon & reckon that when his time is over with us that’s it.

No disrespect to Wednesday, who are a massive club, but I honestly don’t think it would matter who it was.

Seems obvious your owner has someone lined up anyway & that won’t be Nigel Pearson.

My impression with Pearson is that - whilst I am sure there are other jobs that could tempt him - he is very keen on the job he can do here. Not in the sense that we are his dream job or anything like that but in that I think he seems to relish the opportunity to transform the approach and culture over the long term. I don’t see him being tempted to go anywhere unless he believes that he would be granted similar time and, even then, I think he might be tempted to complete the job he has started.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

I think he has a house in North Somerset. He definitely has an abode in Devon. I hope you are right. And I think you are. ?

4 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

I'm gutted, I thought it was a joke when I was initially told. 

My early thoughts are he's left over budgeting concerns, but everyone is puzzled. 

Worried now about who's going to come in. 

Seems bizarre , but is it him resigning or sacked . Outside looking in , I really like Darren Moore . Doesn’t make him a great manager just being a nice bloke  but a bloke with integrity . Thought he was harshly treated at WBA as well 

Edited by steviestevieneville

I asked a work college who is a Wednesday fan  this is his reply 

It’s the usual ” left by mutual consent” story, so yeh probably sacked !

He was a  good man manger and fitness coach, but tactically inept, so probably not be missed by the fans but possibly by the players.

its all about opinions 

Controversial opinion but I can see the clubs point. It was an amazing achievement to get promoted given the circumstances. But not one they should have been in. They've limped across the finishing line to get where they've wanted. Evidently the board do not feel Moore is the one to lead them any further and may feel there is a big risk next season of very quickly losing their Championship position and fall back into league one if he remained.

Cut-throat decision? Absolutely. Football is a business after all. Business is business. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is there a possibility that this and the O'Neil move are both signs of a club (or manager) deciding to make a change when they're in a good place with clear heads rather than reacting to a crisis?

Alternatively it could be a sign of longer term planning - get a guy to do job A, but with a plan all along that you switch when job A is done and get someone else in to do job B.

Possibly some clear thinking.

It's interesting isn't it. I quite often seen comments now that we should have ditched LJ after our semi-successful season with the cup run - which might have looked very odd to other teams had we done so.

Always easy to say in hindsight, but I don't think changing manager should always be done as a last resort in crisis as you mention.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The timing couldn't be better really as last week announced or last week or two, a Sheffield Wednesday Fans Forum and Chansiri will be there.

That could be very interesting I expect.

4 people managed to get themselves kicked out apparently, sounds like it's going well.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I can imagine it was a bit heated, lively?

Surprisingly it's Chansiri himself that tends to get most animated at these events, he gets very annoyed when ticket pricing comes up. He got so angry at one a couple of years ago he announced in the middle of it he'd sell the club. Some of the fans even had to ask him to stop swearing.

Apparently the people kicked out last night was for being too drunk and sounded like a couple of them tried to get on the pitch.

The night sounded like a complete waste of time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Surprisingly it's Chansiri himself that tends to get most animated at these events, he gets very annoyed when ticket pricing comes up. He got so angry at one a couple of years ago he announced in the middle of it he'd sell the club. Some of the fans even had to ask him to stop swearing.

Apparently the people kicked out last night was for being too drunk and sounded like a couple of them tried to get on the pitch.

The night sounded like a complete waste of time.

Thanks and that is surprising for N exec but also figures. I remember watching one or two communications by him during Covid...they were interesting!

Yeah heard Chansiri can get a bit animated for sure. I remember reading about him declaring the club up for sale but the swearing bit I didn't know of.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46630885

This the one?

I also remember reading of one  whereby he declared that Sheffield Wednesday night have been same season, he declared that FFP had been failed by a huge amount. Think back in 2018.

Pitch invaders on a non matchday? Drunken hi jinks 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks and that is surprising for N exec but also figures. I remember watching one or two communications by him during Covid...they were interesting!

Yeah heard Chansiri can get a bit animated for sure. I remember reading about him declaring the club up for sale but the swearing bit I didn't know of.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46630885

This the one?

I also remember reading of one  whereby he declared that Sheffield Wednesday night have been same season, he declared that FFP had been failed by a huge amount. Think back in 2018.

Pitch invaders on a non matchday? Drunken hi jinks 

Yep, that's the one. 

The last couple of seasons as things have gone well on the pitch, he's been quiet in the background and quite a large percentage of the fans were even coming round to forgiving him for the previous debacle. Sadly it feels like it's all been undone again the last few days, and it's back to worrying about the future of the club again.

• Thanks 1

On 20/06/2023 at 14:30, The Coach said:

Controversial opinion but I can see the clubs point. It was an amazing achievement to get promoted given the circumstances. But not one they should have been in. They've limped across the finishing line to get where they've wanted. Evidently the board do not feel Moore is the one to lead them any further and may feel there is a big risk next season of very quickly losing their Championship position and fall back into league one if he remained.

Cut-throat decision? Absolutely. Football is a business after all. Business is business. 

I actually agree with your sentiments, not being cut-throat enough it’s something that our owner has been guilty of in recent years namely especially with LJ. He should have been thanked for his work of getting us back to being established again this level and when the targets set by the owners (play-offs at a minimum) weren’t meet he should have been sacked. Instead he lingered on was given more and more money to spunk and the rest is history.

In Wednesday’s case even though the owner’s targets were obviously meet this season and Moore got them up, it was the manner in which they limped over the line that has obviously got them worried and you can see where they are coming from..

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Any idea if he really asked for four times his current salary, or is this just a smokescreen? 

I suppose there must be some truth in it or Chansiri would be putting himself in a tricky situation legally. 

It's difficult to know how reasonable Moore's apparent demands were though without knowing the actual numbers. I've read a few people calling him greedy, but four times his wage may well have been the going rate for a Championship manager. 

Really don't feel this becoming public was at all necessary though, the fans would have moved on from Moore when someone new is (eventually) appointed. 

• Like 3

On 29/06/2023 at 17:39, Owl Visiting said:

Apologies, just catching up. Thanks.

Chansiri does seem to front up for better or worse.

Quadrupled wage is drastic but could be from a real low base. Otoh it could be a sign of a new found financial responsibility by Chansiri by not exposing the club to FFP risk again by sticking to certain policies, ie wage structures. 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous