IGNORED

Carabao Cup Draw: Home to Oxford

Tomo

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think I may have read it is live on Sky Sports.

But, have the rules changed?

Do we come in at the First Round?

Sadly yes. Before the Prem, clubs finishing in the top half of Div 2 (as was) were excempt the first round.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Carabao Cup Draw: Home to Oxford
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Home to Oxford

Note I made at the time;

The 1988/89 season's excitement was saved for the League Cup. By now the first two rounds were played on  a home and away basis to ensure every club at least one home game. In the first round City beat Exeter, now managed by Terry Cooper, 1-0 in both games. The second round draw paired City with  strong second division Oxford United. Despite winning 4-2 away only 6,255 attended Ashton Gate for the return leg which they won 2-0.

• Like 1

A bit niche, but Oxford away in the (I think) Milk Cup, late 80's is one of my all time favourite away trips.  Andy Leaning was inspired on his debut (Dean Saunders shot came off the bar, hit Leaning & went in). Ralph Milne scored an absolute worldie & we won 4-2, a great night.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

23 minutes ago, 22A said:

Note I made at the time;

The 1988/89 season's excitement was saved for the League Cup. By now the first two rounds were played on  a home and away basis to ensure every club at least one home game. In the first round City beat Exeter, now managed by Terry Cooper, 1-0 in both games. The second round draw paired City with  strong second division Oxford United. Despite winning 4-2 away only 6,255 attended Ashton Gate for the return leg which they won 2-0.

Ralph Milne's goal at their place a brilliant one - mazy dribble, shot from 20 yards, top corner. Beers all round!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TDarwall said:

A bit niche, but Oxford away in the (I think) Milk Cup, late 80's is one of my all time favourite away trips.  Andy Leaning was inspired on his debut (Dean Saunders shot came off the bar, hit Leaning & went in). Ralph Milne scored an absolute worldie & we won 4-2, a great night.

One of the best goalkeeping displays I’ve ever seen from a city keeper. 

• Like 3