IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

20 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Oh brilliant. I still haven't got the balance right with phone, facial recognition & double tapping while holding it next to the terminal :blink:

You double click the button, then look at the screen for the facial recognition, you get a tick appear on the screen, and then hold it near the terminal after that :) 

10 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You double click the button, then look at the screen for the facial recognition, you get a tick appear on the screen, and then hold it near the terminal after that :) 

Oh I know the theory, I've even used it a few times. But getting the bloody thing to work seamlessly is another matter. 
The last time the phone was unlocked the card came up as i offered it to the terminal and then it wanted me to look at the screen again, which obviously means moving it away from the terminal and so it goes on :facepalm:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, frenchred said:

Well I'm glad about that, certain individuals just standing in the way of progress

people arent standing in the way of anything. Its obvious, not everyone will be able to use the technology or it wont be convienient.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

people arent standing in the way of anything. Its obvious, not everyone will be able to use the technology or it wont be convienient.

Agree with you there mate I was referring to the "I've always had one and want another one" brigade

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

30 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Agree with you there mate I was referring to the "I've always had one and want another one" brigade

I refuse to enter the ground through anything but a proper metal turnstile with a macho click and clunk mechanism.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Which given the price they pay, one might argue they were entitled to some form of plastic token instead of a digital image. It's not like it effects the entry system- there's an argument that people faffing about with their phones will cause far more disruption. Is this about technology or saving money?

• Like 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, adamski said:

Which given the price they pay, one might argue they were entitled to some form of plastic token instead of a digital image. It's not like it effects the entry system- there's an argument that people faffing about with their phones will cause far more disruption. Is this about technology or saving money?

No arguement, proven elsewhere that is saves money to the club

People need to evolve with change and not be so afraid of it

1 hour ago, adamski said:

No, for the price they pay they are entitled to entry into the ground

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/07/2023 at 18:54, NickNick58 said:

I'm told that if you open your apple phone with face recognition and then double-click the side button the apple wallet will open to your stored credit/debit card which you can then use to pay without messing about anymore.  ????

Yep tried that. Works? Thanks. 

On 08/07/2023 at 20:03, elhombrecito said:

If you log in to the Bristol Sport ticketing site, there is a 'forward' button next to each match ticket. It's currently greyed out but looks like it will be done through there, rather than through the Wallet itself. 

I think you’ve mentioned this before but I’ve never found it. Once I’ve logged in where exactly can I see each match ticket?

I believe from what it says in the Q&As that the person will need a Bristol Sports linked account and supporter ID if I’ve read it correctly. So not exactly through the wallet itself but one account to another. 

36 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Does Google Wallet require a linked bank account or card in this scenario? No need if it is just a prepaid ticket, not clear how this thing works. Only reply if you really know the answer please.

No you don't need to add a card or bank account. If you only use it for the season ticket it'll be the only thing appearing in your wallet. 

8 minutes ago, !james said:

No you don't need to add a card or bank account. If you only use it for the season ticket it'll be the only thing appearing in your wallet. 

Thanks, had a look but simply don't understand it. Seems you have to have a Google account, I don't have nor want one. Terrible interface, not sure how passwords work, bemused. Will likely request a real card.

14 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I think you’ve mentioned this before but I’ve never found it. Once I’ve logged in where exactly can I see each match ticket?

I believe from what it says in the Q&As that the person will need a Bristol Sports linked account and supporter ID if I’ve read it correctly. So not exactly through the wallet itself but one account to another. 

Just click on the menu at the top of the page and click 'Tickets':

Screenshot_20230712-194741-621.png

Then when you click on the little check mark next to the match ticket, it then highlights a 'forward ticket' option:

Screenshot_20230712-194836-100.png

But it's currently greyed out:

Screenshot_20230712-195030-857.png

I have got my PNE season ticket  ? image downloaded into my apple wallet. 
By the sounds of things if I am reading the above posts we have to download a new ticket image for each game ! Great if you have a Wi-Fi connection. 
If you forget to do it before arriving at the ground I can see loads of us trying to download within the useless non Wi-Fi at Ashton Gate. So hopefully the club has upgraded this to enable this to happen. 
Last season on occasions last season due to the amount of use within the stadium you couldn’t even send a text message 

1 minute ago, hertsexile said:

By the sounds of things if I am reading the above posts we have to download a new ticket image for each game ! Great if you have a Wi-Fi connection. 
If you forget to do it before arriving at the ground I can see loads of us trying to download within the useless non Wi-Fi at Ashton Gate. So hopefully the club has upgraded this to enable this to happen. 
Last season on occasions last season due to the amount of use within the stadium you couldn’t even send a text message 

It updates automatically, you don’t need to download a new ticket for each game . 

Edited by Betty Swallocks

12 minutes ago, Sturgess said:

Anyone know if Apple Watch wallet is/will be supported? ST shows on phone wallet but not my Apple watch. 

I can’t get mine to show it, even though I have it set to “mirror my phone” someone else on this thread has theirs on their watch though. 

• Thanks 1

Somebody has probably already brought this up in the thread, but just to save me scouring through all the posts. My brother wants to come up from Plymouth for the game in September, normally I either get someone else's ticket in the Safe standing area, but that's obviously out. So the alternative is to get him a seat elsewhere (probably the Lansdown), but how do I move my seat for that game? Will they cancel my normal ticket and issue a paper ticket for the one game?

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I can’t get mine to show it, even though I have it set to “mirror my phone” someone else on this thread has theirs on their watch though. 

I’ve managed to get mine to show - I have an Apple Watch SE2 so not sure if it’s to the actually watch/software or whatnot?

6 hours ago, Greenman15 said:

I’ve managed to get mine to show - I have an Apple Watch SE2 so not sure if it’s to the actually watch/software or whatnot?

Mines a 5 series. It shows my bank card, and then for some reason my Tesco clubcard, and my boots card, but that’s it :blink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Remember the days when we all paid with good old cash?

When life was simple 

Ah yes, the good old days when I always had to ensure that I had sufficient cash on me, and if necessary make an extra trip to the cash machine. 

Much more difficult now when I just have to have my phone on me, and can pay with a simple tap. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Yep, showing on mine, as previously advised. Have a look at these instructions, use the drop down box to show the Apple Watch you have……

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/watch/apd4362807a0/9.0/watchos/9.0

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hertsexile said:

5g is also hopeless when you have 20k of fans in one place.

1 minute ago, Hello Dave said:

I refuse every week. They want to see it every time I go for a piss.  Showing my ticket 10 times a game is a bit much!!

If you didn't drink so much before every game you wouldn't have to piss so much, just saying!

Edited by frenchred
  • Haha 1