IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

5 hours ago, Whites said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned on here before, but has anyone had this error message when trying to download? 

Screenshot_20230727_134325_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes, got that today as well. 4 STs downloaded fine, one like this and one missing email, so I've emailed supporter services

4 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

SLO Q&A says otherwise. 

JerrySLO

Thanks for the message, my colleagues printed them off Monday and have been posting all week the last of the printed ones went out 1st class post yesterday.

I was told the same but still got an email to the contrary at 14:36:

We hope you are looking forward to the start of the new season.

Please note that due to a higher than anticipated number of requests for physical season tickets, delivery of your 2023/24 season ticket will be delayed and will not be ready ahead of the opening game against Preston North End on Saturday, August 5th.

You will soon be sent an e-ticket via a confirmation email that you can use to gain entry at the Preston North End game. Your physical season card will be posted to you as soon as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your support.

• Thanks 1

On 24/07/2023 at 14:23, !james said:

I don't think its a case of not understanding it though is it? People are stating on here that they want one because they have always had one. I would expect 70-80% of the 4500 are people who just ticked the yes I want a physical card when the form came out.  

A lot of them are probably for kids. My kids don't have phones so I requested physical tickets. 

12 hours ago, James54De said:

Perhaps if those who are posting screenshots of the email from their iPhone 14, didn’t unnecessarily ask for a physical ticket, it would all be fine. 

I think the club underestimated that although the vast majority could have a digital card if they wanted to, they just love having the physical card . Suspect 3000 was a reasonable estimate for those unable to have a card (not through choice)

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

10k have gone digital, 4k wanted physical cards. That's still a cost saving for the club. 

That’s not the reality of how it works though, is it? The cost v cost savings are factored into the price of a season ticket, not into the club having more money to do something else.

So, if the club have spent more on admin than they expected then the consequence next season will be either a charge for physical tickets or an additional increase in the cost of everyone’s season ticket.

I’ve got no problem with people having a physical ticket if they want one. I just think they should pay the cost of that choice, not me. With the current cost of living especially I want to do all I can to keep what I spend down. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

A lot of them are probably for kids. My kids don't have phones so I requested physical tickets. 

I have juniors within my group who don’t have a smartphone.

We understand that some junior supporters will not have a smartphone. As the accompanying adult, you should download their Digital Season Ticket to your phone. This means you will have multiple passes on your phone.

When you approach the turnstile, select your junior’s pass first from your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet, touch it to the turnstile reader and let your junior proceed through the turnstile. Then, select your own pass, tap it to the turnstile reader and enter.

?

2 minutes ago, !james said:

I have juniors within my group who don’t have a smartphone.

We understand that some junior supporters will not have a smartphone. As the accompanying adult, you should download their Digital Season Ticket to your phone. This means you will have multiple passes on your phone.

When you approach the turnstile, select your junior’s pass first from your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet, touch it to the turnstile reader and let your junior proceed through the turnstile. Then, select your own pass, tap it to the turnstile reader and enter.

?

You should have seen my children's face when their tickets arrived this morning. Priceless ?

They've not got phones, so they got physical tickets. No need to be triggered by it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

You should have seen my children's face when their tickets arrived this morning. Priceless ?

They've not got phones, so they got physical tickets. No need to be triggered by it. 

Not triggered by anything. Just saying that kids can use an adults smartphone, not a reason to order a physical ticket ?

Delighted for your kids. 

• Haha 1