IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

1 hour ago, ray savino said:

As above, unfortunately misssing first game v Preston. Want to transfer to friend, so obviously hope this info comes out pronto.

I can’t help with the ‘how to’ and, like you, haven’t seen the promised ‘further details’

But the existing FAQs are clear about the need for the friend to have a Bristol Sport account, a ‘ticketing account’ (whatever that is), and a link with your account.

So I suppose that, if you haven’t already done it, you could at least get that bit set up ready. 

• Like 2

A friend of mine didn’t want a digital card so he asked for a plastic one. As it hadn’t arrived by today he rang the club and, after a lot of effort, was emailed a ticket to print at home. The reason for no plastic card was the demand was greater than expected and they’d run out of plastic! Ran out of plastic - that’s a Rovers fiasco 

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

A friend of mine didn’t want a digital card so he asked for a plastic one. As it hadn’t arrived by today he rang the club and, after a lot of effort, was emailed a ticket to print at home. The reason for no plastic card was the demand was greater than expected and they’d run out of plastic! Ran out of plastic - that’s a Rovers fiasco 

To be fair to the club no other club has seen demand for a physical ticket on the scale we have 

11 minutes ago, Posset red said:

So regarding season ticket discount at bars etc inside the ground how does that work now ? I assume you show them your digital ticket in your phone wallet ? 

Scan it. From the FAQs:

The scanners at the concession stands within the concourse of Ashton Gate Stadium are compatible with Digital Season Tickets.  Simply select the relevant Season Ticket from your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet and scan it during the transaction to obtain your 10% discount.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Scan it. From the FAQs:

The scanners at the concession stands within the concourse of Ashton Gate Stadium are compatible with Digital Season Tickets.  Simply select the relevant Season Ticket from your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet and scan it during the transaction to obtain your 10% discount.

Couldn’t be easier really!

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Scan it. From the FAQs:

Thanks 

I renewed my membership a couple of days ago and received the confirmation email.  I then got a 6 year old to find Google Wallet on my phone.  Then went into my Bristol Sport account and can see this season’s membership on my page, with a tick box next to it. However, when I tick that box it’s not giving an option to add to Wallet.  Neither the 6 year old nor an 11 year old can advise me on what I should do next.  Email the club, maybe.  All suggestions welcomed, ta.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I renewed my membership a couple of days ago and received the confirmation email.  I then got a 6 year old to find Google Wallet on my phone.  Then went into my Bristol Sport account and can see this season’s membership on my page, with a tick box next to it. However, when I tick that box it’s not giving an option to add to Wallet.  Neither the 6 year old nor an 11 year old can advise me on what I should do next.  Email the club, maybe.  All suggestions welcomed, ta.

I got a second email with the link to download a couple of days later

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Not sure about membership, but for a ST the 'add to wallet' option was in the email I believe

25 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Digital tickets have only been released for season ticket holder so far, the club announcement in July said that members and general match day tickets moving over to digital would be announced soon. 

I am a non-Season Ticket holder and have purchased a Bristol City Membership/Match Ticket. Does Digital Ticketing apply to me?

To begin with, just Bristol City Men Season Ticket holders will be part of the Digital Ticketing roll out at Ashton Gate.

Supporters will be advised when Digital Tickets are available for Members and Match Ticket purchasers in due course

Edited by !james
  • Like 1

• Admin
Just now, !james said:

Digital tickets have only been released for season ticket holder so far, the club announcement in July said that members and general match day tickets moving over to digital would be announced soon. 

I had my membership emailed last week 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I think you need to upgrade to a12 year old. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Thanks for posting the info, were I live we only get post a couple of times a week, so looks like I will not be getting the card before the season starts, will get on the phone to the club tomorrow, would love there to be a season were there was not some issue with tickets, 

11 hours ago, eardun said:

Scan it. From the FAQs:

I wonder if that will slow service down for a few weeks. The staff didn’t seem to care much with the old cards. You could’ve just waved a red piece of paper in front of them and got some form of discount.

As a late adopter to the world of the digital wallet (and I have to say, it has impressed me no end!) - any idea how the payment and discount thing is going to work?

If I'm paying for something, I just wave my phone at the card reader and it processes the transaction, but if I was to buy a coffee, do I need to wave my phone at the machine with something else open - or is the technology able to recognise both my season ticket holding status and my card details in one swish. 

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As a late adopter to the world of the digital wallet (and I have to say, it has impressed me no end!) - any idea how the payment and discount thing is going to work?

If I'm paying for something, I just wave my phone at the card reader and it processes the transaction, but if I was to buy a coffee, do I need to wave my phone at the machine with something else open - or is the technology able to recognise both my season ticket holding status and my card details in one swish. 

That's a good question!

No idea what the answer is - but my guess would be it doesn't do both at one time. There must be a process for determining the cost before the process for paying for it. But whatever happens, there must still be the same manual adjustment option in place as before - for those with physical cards. So something should work one way or the other.

I guess we'll find out on Saturday!

40 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

See my post above re getting the discount, but it will be scan season ticket to get the price, scan credit card/apple pay etc to pay. So just the first step will be new (rather than showing season ticket and the server sorting the price)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oldland2 said:

Please can you all get off the phone to the club as I have been phone q for 40 mins so far as my physical card hasn’t arrived yet, order mine 4 days before my brother and he got his last Wednesday, 

its a joke how they are treating supporters 

Hear! Hear!

24 minutes ago, eardun said:

See my post above re getting the discount, but it will be scan season ticket to get the price, scan credit card/apple pay etc to pay. So just the first step will be new (rather than showing season ticket and the server sorting the price)

So a double tap! 

That'll be me and countless others no doubt paying before we scan for the price correction! - Thankfully, my spend in the concourse in minimal so the impact of me being a spanner won't be too expensive ?