IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Impressive - came up on iPhone at 1pm and click on it and S/T opens in wallet.

No excuse for issues at turnstiles when it is this simple !!

IMG_5946.jpeg

Yep easy; I expected this notification (popped up as I approached the ground) - just like train tickets.  No queues at the south stand - straight in. Loads of people in the concourse already. 

• Like 3

No problem for me at all. Entered Atyeo end of the Dolman. Placed phone on top of the reader and walked straight in 2 mins ago. A steady flow of people but no queue as such. Plenty of stewards on hand helping people if needed.

Concourse is very busy, you will spend longer queuing for a drink than scanning a digital ticket!

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone with thicker cases may need to take phone out of case

(not saying you have btw)

I got a case which covers all of my phone like a book. My ticket scanned  for me without any problem at all with the case

On 02/08/2023 at 13:21, Dollymarie said:

The ONLY bit that makes me sad about not having physical cards anymore, is that I won’t have an actual card to add to the many I’ve collected over the years. As in they’ll just disappear from my phone wallet at the end of the season. My daughter has a season ticket this year, and I won’t have a card to put in her “box of stuff to look through when she’s grown up.” 

Yep, but that’s happening with everything. Boarding passes, concert tickets, etc. all things I would have previously kept. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Unfortunately I require an Allen key to take my case off and my ticket didn’t work today. It always works when paying in shops. In my opinion this is a club issue not mine and I won’t be carry a spare Allen key in my pocket to remove it just for matches

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My car share buddies and I all got in perfectly well. However the guy who sits next to me wasn’t so fortunate and couldn’t get in so had to go over to the ticket office. He reckoned that there were several others there so it obviously wasn’t as straightforward for everyone. 

Just a few teething problems I guess.

They way some say ‘it worked for me’ makes me laugh. It can read like if it didn’t work for you you’re the problem. 

I see there was problems with Android and quite a few update/.releases have been made to the ticket sales portions. 

Hopefully it will all get sorted! 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

They way some say ‘it worked for me’ makes me laugh. It can read like if it didn’t work for you you’re the problem. 

I see there was problems with Android and quite a few update/.releases have been made to the ticket sales portions. 

I mean, respectfully if it didn't work for some people it may have been their problem? If you don't have NFC (the contactless technology) switched on then it won't work regardless of if you downloaded the ticket or not. Hopefully those people with that issue were helped to switch it on instead of just being let through as otherwise they will just have the same issue next time.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good point Dave. My case is pretty thick and I had quite a bit of trouble getting it to activate my ticket (its now showing city v Brum on 5/8 btw).

I'll try this technique next game.

3 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Unfortunately I require an Allen key to take my case off and my ticket didn’t work today. It always works when paying in shops. In my opinion this is a club issue not mine and I won’t be carry a spare Allen key in my pocket to remove it just for matches

Maybe it's the sensitivity of the receivers in the readers that need adjusting. Or we've signed off on the low power version without realising the implications. (A bit like buying a DAB radio for £35, rather than a DAB+ for £40, and thinking you've got a right result.)

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 hour ago, Bristol_South_End said:

I mean, respectfully if it didn't work for some people it may have been their problem? If you don't have NFC (the contactless technology) switched on then it won't work regardless of if you downloaded the ticket or not. Hopefully those people with that issue were helped to switch it on instead of just being let through as otherwise they will just have the same issue next time.

Didn't work for me. iPhone, and Apple Pay functions with no problem.

I had a struggle and also had to be let in with a card. The helpful man who sorted it made several suggestions, including running the phone from top to bottom over the scanner. 

I was a bit dubious when the match changed from Preston to Birmingham on the ticket while I was in the queue. I thought, I'm not that late! The date was still correct though. 

I have used the phone to buy stuff, so thought it would be okay. 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

But it did work for me, and I am on Android (with a thick phone case) So not sure what the problem was? Certainy wasn't implying the user was the problem, It was just an observation...

Edited by PhilC