IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

What phone have you got. If it’s Apple then it’s probably done what mine did earlier and just gone into ‘expired’ items. 

iPhone. Will the next game just appear then? 

Edit. Just found Preston game ones in the expired bit. 

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Mine too. It showed brum before that. Still got 5th August showing as the date.

I honestly can't fathom how they've managed to do this. On the face of it I'd say programming error somewhere, especially if it's iterating through our opponents in game order. Maybe some counter is being incremented incorrectly when displaying the opposition. But given that it changes up and down, who knows.

At least it’s not like when the new web site started up or you’d have some else’s ticket ?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

iPhone. Will the next game just appear then? 

Mine went to ‘expired passes’. There was a little box at the bottom of the wallet saying ‘1 expired pass’ and it was there. If you can’t see that message, try going to ‘settings/wallet and Apple pay’ and you can ‘unhide’ expired passes.

Once you’ve found it you can update it as per @eardun above, by switching auto update off and on again.

I doubt it’s meant to happen like this every time! 

2 hours ago, eardun said:

Another tip: I just turned automatic updates off and on and it updated straight away to 19 Aug Birmingham. 

I am struggling to find auto updates, where is this ? 

Took me long enough to find expired passes :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I did wonder if it would do it nearer the date

Edited by 1960maaan

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I am struggling to find auto updates, where is this ? 

Took me long enough to find expired passes :facepalm:

I did wonder if it would do it nearer the date

On the ticket: top right, little circle with … inside: pass details.

I think you’re probably right that it will happen anyway!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

On the ticket: top right, little circle with … inside: pass details.

I think you’re probably right that it will happen anyway!

Mine still isn't showing, tried it a couple of times. 
I'll wait until we get nearer the game, won't panic just yet.

Cheers though.

25 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Mine went to ‘expired passes’. There was a little box at the bottom of the wallet saying ‘1 expired pass’ and it was there. If you can’t see that message, try going to ‘settings/wallet and Apple pay’ and you can ‘unhide’ expired passes.

Once you’ve found it you can update it as per @eardun above, by switching auto update off and on again.

I agree. My wife’s ticket auto updated to 19 Aug Birmingham without her doing anything - that prompted me to switch auto updates off and on which worked for me (it may have happened automatically at some point I guess). She tells me that hers worked because, unlike me, she doesn’t bother looking at it every 5 mins!!! That’s probably the best tip (although I think I’d still check it 48 hours before the match!)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Mine still isn't showing, tried it a couple of times. 
I'll wait until we get nearer the game, won't panic just yet.

Cheers though.

Yeah, no need to panic, I’m sure. It can’t be meant to happen like this. It’s called  ‘automatic’ updates for a reason!!

Still, gives us something else to talk about after an indifferent home game! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Tickets refresh 3 days before the game..why the **** are people worried 2 weeks before the game?

Because its new tech and nobody told us what the **** to expect . 

You just get used to having a ticket on your phone, it disappears , I would be surprised if they were no questions .
I'm waiting for this to start on my whats app group , probably as soon as the first ones notice it's gone.

16 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

They told you new tickets would appear 3 days before a game 

Many of us  ( I imagine) didn't see that. I assumed it would work that way but being a bit suspicious of new tech it still makes me nervous when things disappear you didn't expect too. 

I’ve followed all the tips given above (thanks) and then the pass showed the Birmingham match, but it was in the expired passes section for some reason. Then after selecting the “unhide” option it moved back to being a live pass. This is fascinating but there must be better ways of spending my time 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’ve followed all the tips given above (thanks) and then the pass showed the Birmingham match, but it was in the expired passes section for some reason. Then after selecting the “unhide” option it moved back to being a live pass. This is fascinating but there must be better ways of spending my time 

I think we may find that if we don’t keep looking at/for it so much, all of this may happen automatically! That is certainly my wife’s experience - she only looked when I asked her to check hers (after mine had gone to expired) and hers was still in live and already updated to Brum on 19th. Whereas I was looking at it regularly and then saw it had moved to expired. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, eardun said:

I think we may find that if we don’t keep looking at/for it so much, all of this may happen automatically! That is certainly my wife’s experience - she only looked when I asked her to check hers (after mine had gone to expired) and hers was still in live and already updated to Brum on 19th. Whereas I was looking at it regularly and then saw it had moved to expired. 

On the plus side, I don’t think I’d ever realised before that I had this ‘expired pass’ area. I was able to clear out half a dozen old covid passes! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don’t think they said anything about days 3 to 14! 

Stop worrying about what’s happening until we get to day 3! 

Just replying to what has been told or not told.

I'm not worrying because I've got a physical card.

?

9 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Just replying to what has been told or not told.

I'm not worrying because I've got a physical card.

?

Well get your own thread then ??

Did your card work Saturday? Ironically, after all the pre game fuss, when I went in the only person having a problem was someone with a physical card! 

Edited by italian dave
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Well get your own thread then ??

Did your card work Saturday? Ironically, after all the pre game fuss, when I went in the only person having a problem was someone with a physical card! 

Yes, worked fine.

Sorry I posted on a thread that I shouldn't have!!!    :facepalm:

:innocent06:

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

They didn't tell you that your Preston ticket would disappear, be replaced by your Birmingham ticket before reverting to Preston though, did they?

No, they said it would refresh 3 days before the game. Why people need to constantly see their season ticket is beyond me especially people who don't have a grasp on technology.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

No, they said it would refresh 3 days before the game. Why people need to constantly see their season ticket is beyond me especially people who don't have a grasp on technology.

Due to the vastly different things we're all seeing on our phones, the worry is the people who set up this system don't have a grasp on technology... ?

• Like 1