IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

1 hour ago, redapple said:

I have not received anything to my Apple Wallet since the Preston game . And that’s gone.  Should I be concerned ? Or shall I be my normal laid back self and assume it will be sent in due course ? 

1 hour ago, devoncider said:

In the same boat

Make sure you’ve got automatic updates turned on.

9 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Mine doesn't say anything about the next fixture..... but then again it's a physical one so I don't have to deal with these 30 pages of issues that were entirely predictable when it comes to City and rolling out anything new digitally.

Bit of a contradiction there, as you’re posting on a 30 page thread, helping it get to 31 pages!?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, David Woody said:

Have to say my experience of digital ticketing so far has been excellent. Can’t make the game Saturday so friend created a Bristol Sport account, I transferred the ticket to them no problem and my ticket in my wallet has automatically updated to the next upcoming home game. Really easy.

Same, I’m very impressed at how easy it all is

8 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If you have an iPhone, there should be a circled ‘i’ when you open the ticket. Click on that and make sure automatic updates is turned on.

@GrahamC and if auto updates were already on, I found that when I turned auto updates off and on again, it updated to Birmingham immediately (I did this the day after the Preston match only because my wife’s had already updated automatically whereas mine had moved to expired)

My pass for Birmingham has disappeared, to be replaced by a 2023/4 Season Ticket, which has a QR code. I only got into the PNE game after the pass was changed at the turnstile to ‘Birmingham City - 5th August’ - no idea if that’s relevant.

So it’s anybody’s guess what will happen on Saturday. I certainly won’t be arriving too close to KO time!

2 minutes ago, lager loud said:

My pass for Birmingham has disappeared, to be replaced by a 2023/4 Season Ticket, which has a QR code. I only got into the PNE game after the pass was changed at the turnstile to ‘Birmingham City - 5th August’ - no idea if that’s relevant.

So it’s anybody’s guess what will happen on Saturday. I certainly won’t be arriving too close to KO time!

Also got a QR code on mine - though not seen any of the fixture oddities others have reported.

Guess the QR code alternative means that you shouldn't need a NFC-enabled phone going forwards so that will hope those with non-NFC Android devices.

16 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

There are no issues 

There clearly are: the system is not updating as it is supposed to for everyone, and the passes did not work at the turnstiles for a number of people at the PNE game. That didn’t cause the scale of chaos experienced at Arsenal last weekend, but it did delay the entry of a good number of spectators.

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Yeh it was after that but I’ve sorted it now I think you have to be on the account on which you purchased the ticket to be able to send it on.

Just to clarify you were looking for a ticket on an account that you hadn't purchased it on?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just to clarify you were looking for a ticket on an account that you hadn't purchased it on?

I bought me and my dads season tickets on my account, he’s away so went on to his own account to try and send ticket on to someone else, his ticket was there to see but it wasn’t letting me send, so I went onto my account and sent his ticket under his name to someone else. I’m assuming it worked that way because I bought the season tickets on my account.

• Like 1

Apologies if already answered... I have my ticket and my 2 boys tickets on my phone.  My eldest (13) is going to go on Saturday with my Dad.  I can transfer my ticket to Dad, but if I want to transfer a junior ticket to him, we have to pay upgrade fee. 13 year olds are blocked from having Google wallet, so my son can't have it on his phone.  Any advice on this other than contacting supporter services?

8 minutes ago, Tookster said:

Apologies if already answered... I have my ticket and my 2 boys tickets on my phone.  My eldest (13) is going to go on Saturday with my Dad.  I can transfer my ticket to Dad, but if I want to transfer a junior ticket to him, we have to pay upgrade fee. 13 year olds are blocked from having Google wallet, so my son can't have it on his phone.  Any advice on this other than contacting supporter services?

Sorry - figured it out... ?

On 16/08/2023 at 15:00, David Woody said:

Have to say my experience of digital ticketing so far has been excellent. Can’t make the game Saturday so friend created a Bristol Sport account, I transferred the ticket to them no problem and my ticket in my wallet has automatically updated to the next upcoming home game. Really easy.

Question : How did you manage to link the friends account to yours? 
Im looking at mine and I can only forward my ticket to my child as she’s the only other person under my account. 
I assume you have to somehow link your friends account to yours. How is this done please. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Question : How did you manage to link the friends account to yours? 
Im looking at mine and I can only forward my ticket to my child as she’s the only other person under my account. 
I assume you have to somehow link your friends account to yours. How is this done please. 

I think, if you log in and click on your name in the top corner which drags down some options.

Click on personal details which should reveal My Friends and Family. Click on Manage my Relationships and then click on Create a Relationship.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think, if you log in and click on your name in the top corner which drags down some options.

Click on personal details which should reveal My Friends and Family. Click on Manage my Relationships and then click on Create a Relationship.

Got it. Nice one Ralph. 
I’m sure it was on this thread somehow here but I couldn’t be bothered to read 30 pages ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Not really a digital ticketing issue, but on the subject of creating ‘relationships’. Do you know what determines a relationship becoming a ‘special relationship’.

I’ve got relationships set up with about half a dozen people. One of them always appears as a “special relationship”. Mrs ID is a bit concerned ?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not really a digital ticketing issue, but on the subject of creating ‘relationships’. Do you know what determines a relationship becoming a ‘special relationship’.

I’ve got relationships set up with about half a dozen people. One of them always appears as a “special relationship”. Mrs ID is a bit concerned ?

Sorry mate you seem to be on the wrong forum.!

Seriously, no I don’t know, I notice my nephew is my only special relationship, so maybe I had filled out in the family or friends section that he was family and my nephew. Is your one SR a family member? 

26 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Sorry mate you seem to be on the wrong forum.!

Seriously, no I don’t know, I notice my nephew is my only special relationship, so maybe I had filled out in the family or friends section that he was family and my nephew. Is your one SR a family member? 

??

No, not a family member. No worries: not an issue (except maybe for Mrs ID!) but just intrigued! 

4 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Is the QR code usable for entry? 

May potentially save me a bit of a faff as I'm not sure my NFC is functioning correctly. 

Was wondering if anyone had actually tried this yet, ie just doing a screenshot of the QR code. 
I’m wondering if a screenshot won’t work because the way the scanners work, you have to scan the bottom of the phone, so it must somehow be picking up the wallet from the rear of the phone rather than the actual screen itself. 

A friend of mine borrows a season ticket at Real Betis and they have the same digital ticket as us, but he’s able to get in using just a screenshot of the QR code. 

Wonder if ours doesn’t allow that due to the way the scanner works?