IGNORED

9 subs this season in Championship.

17 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

As per title teams can name 9 subs in the championship this season.

I know many won't like this, but personally i'm in favor of this and was when it was used a couple of years ago. Covid years wasn't it?

It means more of the squad can be used on a matchday, including some beneficial experience for some of the youngsters here and there.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

I know many won't like this, but personally i'm in favor of this and was when it was used a couple of years ago. Covid years wasn't it?

It means more of the squad can be used on a matchday, including some beneficial experience for some of the youngsters here and there.

Definitely agree, the experience of being in the matchday squad is great for young players' development and motivation. + For us means NP can pick the bench he wants for tactical reasons and include youngsters who can get minutes if things are going well. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

The prem did it last season, so I don't see the problem, just prepares us for when we win promotion :)

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

46 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Definitely agree, the experience of being in the matchday squad is great for young players' development and motivation. + For us means NP can pick the bench he wants for tactical reasons and include youngsters who can get minutes if things are going well. 

I'm not too sure Nige is a fan of naming youngsters on the bench just to fill out the bench. 

I'm sure he left spaces on the bench last season for this reason. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I have no issue with 9 subs being named but I do wish it would go back to only 3 subs allowed during the game 

When I started watching City, no need for a programme, Trevor Tainton was THE substitute every week.

• Haha 1

I don't like it as it diminishes the need to have a head coach/manager who actually makes some decisions tactically.

If you can almost name a second XI on the bench then where's the pressure to make a good decision when selecting your match day squad?

Hell where's the pressure to even recruit to a squad or a plan?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

For me this is going  the wrong way. 3 substitutions chosen from 5 players is more than enough. I wouldn't object if it was 3 outfield players plus a keeper. 

It’s getting like Rugby where I lose track of who’s on /off or sin binned. It breaks up the flow of the game. It will encourage faster football IMHO as coaches instruct their players to play at top speed before being replaced by another outstanding athlete who can run faster then the opponents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't like it as it diminishes the need to have a head coach/manager who actually makes some decisions tactically.

If you can almost name a second XI on the bench then where's the pressure to make a good decision when selecting your match day squad?

Hell where's the pressure to even recruit to a squad or a plan?

Exactly why I hate the increase.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

What next?

Special teams for corners and freekicks?

And Offence and defence - pronounced Off-ence and Dee- fence.  As soon as we lose possession we sub the 10 outfield players for 10 dee-fence players, win it back and bring on 10 Off-ence subs,  meanwhile the the other team is doing the same. Change the shape of the ball and job done.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And it would be gamed by the likes of Mr Warnock. 

Think the game coped fine for many years with only 3 subs. Very rarely did it cause an issue for clubs and it kind of forced clubs to hold a sub back.

Much prefer that than every bloody club changing 3 attackers in the 60th/70th minute as though it's American football. 

Like I say it's my opinion and I get we all see it differently and I am a bit of a traditionalist ( traditional for my generation  anyway when it's been 3 subs)

• Like 1