IGNORED

Wimbledon

Super

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Go back and watch it... it was a joke.

If that offends you so much tho, that you hate the bloke, then what a ❄️  

A joke that went badly wrong?  I have watched it thanks.  It wasn’t a joke though was it, he said the comment at the time as he was offended as he had a lot of hate mail, very childish.  Needs to retire now and let some younger blood get a chance.  

58 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Is there a more dull and boring sport as tennis, does anyone actually take time out to watch it on the telly?

I guess it’s all about opinions. 

I’ve spent all week watching Wimbledon after work, love it. Like every sport though some people will find it ‘dull’ or ‘boring’. 

It’s a bit like snooker for me, on the face of it it may seem rather mundane but when you attempt it yourself you realise just how incredibly talented all the players are. If you watch it live it gives you a totally different perpesctive on how good these guys and girls are

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Is there a more dull and boring sport as tennis, does anyone actually take time out to watch it on the telly?

Some watch F1 and Cycling. I love tennis really enjoyed the Alcaraz game that just finished.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TV Tom said:

The scoring system is absolutely perfect for suspense.  And the top players are amongst the finest athletes in the world, balancing physical ability with skill. 

There's a reason it's one of the truly global sports, for participation and spectatorship. 

• Like 1

Some good matches today on both sides.

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Djokovic serving terribly. How Hurcacz hasn't won that set.

Great to see Svitolina win 

Yes - the Pole will now probably pay the price now.

On 07/07/2023 at 21:34, LoyalRed said:

A joke that went badly wrong?  I have watched it thanks.  It wasn’t a joke though was it, he said the comment at the time as he was offended as he had a lot of hate mail, very childish.  Needs to retire now and let some younger blood get a chance.  

He might do if any were good enough to even come close to being like Murray.

• Admin
38 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

whats in those evian water bottles, jocky has one swig out of one ,then 2 out of a different one, identical evian water bottles?

One is water, the other has a sugar supplement added 

Bit like the small juice drinks you see footballers take 

8 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Very  impressive win for Svitolina

She will probably be the  crowd and media favourite to win the title now.

As she's just put out my favourite player she'll certainly be mine now. The mutual respect shown to each other, and the support for the Ukrainian cause shown by Swiatik with the ribbon on her cap, is a credit to tennis. 

Brilliant interview which showed her understanding of Britain. When asked what's next she replied I'm going to have a beer. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As she's just put out my favourite player she'll certainly be mine now. The mutual respect shown to each other, and the support for the Ukrainian cause shown by Swiatik with the ribbon on her cap, is a credit to tennis. 

Brilliant interview which showed her understanding of Britain. When asked what's next she replied I'm going to have a beer. 

Svitolina used to date Reece Topley (England cricketer) and has a residence in London I think. She's great though, and exactly the kind of character tennis needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Markthehorn said:

Very  impressive win for Svitolina

She will probably be the  crowd and media favourite to win the title now.

It would be a lovely story if she did win Wimbledon, for several reasons, but I think Elena Rybakina is probably favourite now, a quite excellent player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It would be a lovely story if she did win Wimbledon, for several reasons, but I think Elena Rybakina is probably favourite now, a quite excellent player.

You could well be right. 

What I do know is no matter how good these young players are now no one is beating Novak Djokovic on Centre Court Wimbledon. Odds on for me to win the US too and complete a Calendar Year Grand Slam. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

You could well be right. 

What I do know is no matter how good these young players are now no one is beating Novak Djokovic on Centre Court Wimbledon. Odds on for me to win the US too and complete a Calendar Year Grand Slam. 

Another Djokovic/Alcaraz final would be nice, and hopefully Alcaraz can avoid injury to make a proper match of it, unlike at Roland Garros.

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was, in fact, very wrong, as she has just been knocked out in the Quarter Finals by the Tunisian, Ons Jabeur. 

Would like to see Jabeur win it especially after last year.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Would like to see Jabeur win it especially after last year.

I am slightly torn, to be honest.

As I posted earlier, I should like Mme Monfils to win for several reasons; notably the fact that she is returning to top class tennis so soon after giving birth, but also for her fervent (but completely understandable) patriotism and support for Ukraine. 

Nevertheless, Jabeur comes across as just a lovely and sporting lady, as well as being a very good tennis player.

We shall find out on Saturday. 

• Like 1