IGNORED

Wimbledon

Super

1 hour ago, Baba Yaga said:

Impressive comeback from Jabeur, watching the deciding set it was much deserved. Great chance for her to get a grand slam and I think she would be the first woman from an African or Arab country to do that.

Hard for me to see past Djokovic and Alcaraz winning tomorrow.

I see that too although Medvedev might run him close. Would be some final but we saw at the French Open that Alcaraz isn't quite ready yet to beat Novak in a GS final.

7 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Vondrousova in the final, from the parts I saw I think the winner of the next match has to be the strong favourite to win the title.

Vondrousova deserved her win but there was great disappointment that Svitolina couldn't win again. As a Ukrainian and having recently comeback from having a child she was the story and the darling of Wimbledon. 

Ons Jabeur will be favourite for the final but Vondrousova can't be underestimated. She's already defied the odds more than once. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Super said:

I see that too although Medvedev might run him close. Would be some final but we saw at the French Open that Alcaraz isn't quite ready yet to beat Novak in a GS final.

If it is Djokovic vs Alcaraz it will be interesting to see if lessons have been learnt from that match and if Alcaraz can hang in there better to take it a longer distance this time, but being on grass and considering it hasn't been very long it will be a tough task.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Vondrousova deserved her win but there was great disappointment that Svitolina couldn't win again. As a Ukrainian and having recently comeback from having a child she was the story and the darling of Wimbledon. 

Ons Jabeur will be favourite for the final but Vondrousova can't be underestimated. She's already defied the odds more than once. 

From what I have seen in the last 2 games Vondrousova has been quite patchy (she went under the radar before that for me), will be good if she can make Jabeur play as well as in the semi, for me she looks better under pressure but things could be different when it's the final. On Svitolina she did very well to beat Swiatek who I was expecting to win before that match.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Alcaraz was running Djokovic very close at Roland Garros, until he suffered his unfortunate injury.

That's the strain it puts on the body against Novak though. Alcaraz's time will come he reminds me of Nadal around 2006 he started running Federer closer and closer until his time finally came.

Edited by Super

27 minutes ago, Super said:

This is superb from Alcaraz.

I thought the first game was one sided and ended quick but this one looks even more so, easy for me to say without a solution but looks like Medvedevs strategy is not working at all. Suppose it all sets up a good final.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I thought the first game was one sided and ended quick but this one looks even more so, easy for me to say without a solution but looks like Medvedevs strategy is not working at all. Suppose it all sets up a good final.

I'm no tennis expert but dont know why he's standing so far back but he's getting outclassed anyway.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Vondrousova wins Wimbledon. Not the first leftie Czech to win but the first non-seeded one to do so in the Open era. 

Such a shame for Jabeur who was clearly devastated at the end. Might not get a better chance to win a Slam than against an unseeded opponent. Three Slam finals and three defeats, ouch.

Yep it was pretty brutal seeing her tears and what she said about it being the worst loss of her career, would be good to see her get over the line at some point but she played nowhere her normal levels yesterday.

As for today will be interesting to see if they have any issues performing, expecting a breathless start here but we will see.

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

And Reid/Hewett won the wheelchair doubles for the 5th time. Hewett is also in the wheelchair singles final. 

Sadly lost to a rising star of the game in 17 year old Japanese player Oda.

Well done to Henry Searle.

Hopefully a star of the future .

https://twitter.com/Wimbledon/status/1680572548956803073

• Like 1