IGNORED

Wimbledon

Super

Wow! I didn't think anyone would beat Djokovic on Centre Court but credit where credits due Alcaraz was superb. He must love grass as a surface now. Played two tournaments on grass and won both Queens and Wimbledon. Perhaps more players will start to realise why it's called LAWN Tennis. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 1

So much credit for Alcaraz for coming back in the 5th set when momentum shifted away from him for a bit. Hopefully these 2 can have a few more battles before passage of time takes over. From what I have seen they are the best by a distance.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Completely different game to Sampras.

Because it's true? Novak has been using stick from the crowd to get himself going for years. It's hardly a secret. Seems to work for him. 

Oh dear , he’s arguably the best tennis player in the world over the last 5 years ?  

8 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Oh dear , he’s arguably the best tennis player in the world over the last 5 years ?  

"Arguably"? He's been miles in front of everyone else.

I didn't realise I was chatting to someone who's just watched their first ever tennis match.

I won't bother asking you what attributes you think Alcaraz shares with Pistol Pete then ? ?

• Flames 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

"Arguably"? He's been miles in front of everyone else.

I didn't realise I was chatting to someone who's just watched their first ever tennis match.

I won't bother asking you what attributes you think Alcaraz shares with Pistol Pete then ? ?

He’s number 2 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Please just stop. Novak has been easily the best mens player of the past 5 years. It isn't even close. 

I agree with your sentiments regarding Novak...but just read back your replies to someone who has an opinion on him not too disimmilar. He's not being offensive or even wrong. 

You look a right knob in your replies...making out you're the otib expert on tennis. 

Thankfully some don't reveal their hand on it. 

Maybe have a think, before you look an even bigger knob on the subject. 

Some have actually enjoyed the final and just expressing their appreciation. 

No need to be the know it all. ?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree with your sentiments regarding Novak...but just read back your replies to someone who has an opinion on him not too disimmilar. He's not being offensive or even wrong. 

You look a right knob in your replies...making out you're the otib expert on tennis. 

Thankfully some don't reveal their hand on it. 

Maybe have a think, before you look an even bigger knob on the subject. 

Some have actually enjoyed the final and just expressing their appreciation. 

No need to be the know it all. ?

That 3rd set game was bloody brilliant, 25 mins ! 

• Like 2