IGNORED

Duncan Fergusson

Seems bizarre waiting until to part company, unless something has happened in the last few days.
Makes it hard for the new Manager to settle in and get started .

Anyway,  Paddy Power posted this as.... Big Dunc as soon as he gets out of FGR. Made me smile.

Screenshot2023-07-04at16_13_17.png.672d329a1f75232c86dce80640154081.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Seems bizarre waiting until to part company, unless something has happened in the last few days.
Makes it hard for the new Manager to settle in and get started .

Anyway,  Paddy Power posted this as.... Big Dunc as soon as he gets out of FGR. Made me smile.

Screenshot2023-07-04at16_13_17.png.672d329a1f75232c86dce80640154081.png

Might have been caught eating a kebab? 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would love to see Cotts and Alby back local.

Me too.

Think Vince backs his managers with far more funds than their rather tiny crowds deserve, if he’s given a few quid & some time he’d do a great job.

Gloucestershire is home to him, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Would love to see Cotts and Alby back local.

Me too, FGR being my nearest team geographicly - the name getting the most mentions on their forums is Darrell Clarke.

With Dale Vince though he always likes a curve ball and it could well be someone we've never heard of. Their DoF is only recently appointed this summer from Brentford - Allan Steele - quite a young guy who was Brentford's B team technical coach, maybe he has some input into the change.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Me too, FGR being my nearest team geographicly - the name getting the most mentions on their forums is Darrell Clarke.

With Dale Vince though he always likes a curve ball and it could well be someone we've never heard of. Their DoF is only recently appointed this summer from Brentford - Allan Steele - quite a young guy who was Brentford's B team technical coach, maybe he has some input into the change.

interesting Neil MacFarlane a possibility then? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_MacFarlane_(footballer)

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

Very odd in some ways. FGR asked permission to speak to the Forfar manager Ray McKinnon, back end of last week with a view to him working with Big Dunc.

McKinnon is rated as a good coach.

Seems likely it’s a disagreement with the board then. 

As someone who did not grow up watching him as a player, I’m failing to see the fascination with Big Dunc as a manager.