IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not that I'm watching it but Cardiff already awarded- and missed- two penalties.

By that I don't mean penalty retaken due to encroachment but two separately awarded penalties.

Not so much 2 missed as 2 saved within 4 minutes and the first 7 minutes of the match. I am sure someone will put me right but surely that’s a record any time and not just in the FA Cup?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Got a lot of time for PNE and they were in this for 60 minutes. Not a 4 nil game IMHO.

Don't worry I'm sure they'll bounce back in their next game.

⏬

1 hour ago, The Nest Egg said:

Obligatory Jonathan Pearce Bristol City reference! Just a minor one this time, mentioned that we are PNE's next opposition

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

A lot can happen in 30 minutes, mind. As Cloughie famously said: It only takes half an hour to muster one shot on target .....

I think they gave up tbh and looked knackered as soon as the first goal went in.

Listening to the pundits on SSN saying how this will probably be the last season for cup replays and citing fixture congestion.

It was apparent to me that the complaining clubs were involved with the Champions League (which will be expanded next season, the World Club Championship (I remember when it was the European champions v their South American counterparts) and their mid winter breaks.

So another tradition and possible money raiser for the lesser teams should be scrapped simply to help a handful of top teams?

• Like 4

I want Spurs away, IF we can get past the replay. Another massive away following and I might get a ticket this time.

Be nice if we finally got to go to Old Trafford for the first time in 45 years too.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, mason said:

Tomorrow night 7.50 before Man u game. we or West Ham are no 6; v ? how about no 5 Sags or Norwich? or even payback for Man City no 21 🤔

Tottenham away for me or villa if they let us have 6,000 tickets think the biggest allocation we would get if , Big if we got through would be united away again 9,000 I believe 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

I want Spurs away, IF we can get past the replay. Another massive away following and I might get a ticket this time.

Spurs villa ( if we get large allocation ) or united for me , tbh not many teams in lower leagues beat prem in a reply usually get one chance only let’s hope I’m wrong 

• Like 1

Just now, redkev said:

Spurs villa ( if we get large allocation ) or united for me , tbh not many teams in lower leagues beat prem in a reply usually get one chance only let’s hope I’m wrong 

Absolutely, we need to think about Preston, then having another go at West ham which is a very tough ask.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mason said:

Would be..... interesting :boxing: and a possibility

Could we put some temporary pillars in the Atyeo and remove all the facilities to make them feel at home? Put 1000 reds in beside them and they'd crap themselves, so that would help.

Just now, downendcity said:

This month  is the 30th anniversary of that night at Anfield.

Just saying!

Shite, I'm getting old. 30 years, wow!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Gotta win the replay. Reminds me of WBA a few years ago, more than deserved draw at their place but then we didn't turn up at home 

Still remember that big striker Victor Anichibe, who I’d thought was very average…played in midfield in the replay…and ran the show!

On the train on the way up, and tongue firmly in cheek , I said I fancy Spurs away after we beat West Ham. I'll stick with that . 15% of 63,000 = another 9k travelling support ?

I'd take Old Trafford or Goodison though. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Oh I don’t know, beating them 2-0 to relegate them in 1977 was pretty eventful..

1-0 wasn’t it? That season we did the double on them and you’re right, I’d forgotten the circumstances of the home game!

But it’s the exception that proves the rule. Most other games in living memory have been either defeats or goal-less draws!!