IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Tottenham away for me or villa if they let us have 6,000 tickets think the biggest allocation we would get if , Big if we got through would be united away again 9,000 I believe 

You'd get a similar amount for the Spurs game as West Ham today as the capacities are quite similar (Spurs a little less). Think Villa is around 42k so just around 6k for that ground. 

Just now, italian dave said:

1-0 wasn’t it? That season we did the double on them and you’re right, I’d forgotten the circumstances of the home game!

But it’s the exception that proves the rule. Most other games in living memory have been either defeats or goal-less draws!!

Thought Cormack got them both?

Someone else on here will remember.

Remember the game up there Keith Fear scored & we won on a day when I don’t think there were many (any?) other top flight games.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Remember the game up there Keith Fear scored & we won on a day when I don’t think there were many (any?) other top flight games.

You might be right. I just remember two 1-0s, but my memory isn’t what it was!!

I think we all remember what happened when Tottenham played the other Bristol the following season 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Spurs villa ( if we get large allocation ) or united for me , tbh not many teams in lower leagues beat prem in a reply usually get one chance only let’s hope I’m wrong 

Good job we've done it in the FA cup before then! A form team 😂

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That was the main game on MOTD that night when they only showed 2 or 3 games

Edited by harvey54

22 minutes ago, italian dave said:

You might be right. I just remember two 1-0s, but my memory isn’t what it was!!

I think we all remember what happened when Tottenham played the other Bristol the following season 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just looked it up, you were right 1-0 Cormack penalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Shrewsbury when we'd have faced Liverpool too...

God, that boiled my urine.

My local at the time was full of plastic Liverpool supporters who automatically assumed City would beat Shrews and I would then be able to lay my hand on countless tickets for them.

For the wrong reasons, I was almost pleased when we went out.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

God, that boiled my urine.

My local at the time was full of plastic Liverpool supporters who automatically assumed City would beat Shrews and I would then be able to lay my hand on countless tickets for them.

For the wrong reasons, I was almost pleased when we went out.

Haha yeah …my WhatsApp exploded with Liverpool ‘fans’ after tickets

Of note, it seems that both us and Rovers have our cup replays on the same date (Jan 16th) and of course both at Home.

Can't really see this happening from a policing perspective, as they are both probably going to be capacity crowds.

One of the teams is definitely going to have to change their date, what this space..... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Probably not the popular choice but - if we get through - I'd like Newport or Eastleigh at home then, if we get through that, a winnable Championship or League One team in Round Five. 

Yep; progress as far as poss' That will raise the club's profile and bring in extra revenue.