IGNORED

Southend United winding up petition being heard today

Lanterne Rouge

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are they getting the same 2/3 discount that Derby did?

One rule for one...

Derby were in administration though and Southend aren't - yet.

Though it's still a scandal that HMRC can claim to always insist on the full amount then do the deal they did.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

different league, different rules ?

Fair yeah.

33 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I see, thanks, though @Mr Popodopolouswas referring to the deal HMRC did with Derby rather than their points deduction.

I believe the National League has its own regime but I am no expert on that.

Sounds like it, again am no expert here.

Derby got plenty of footballing sanctions but and I'm not blaming Clowes I'd nobody had taken over HMRC realise less but limited liability just allowing Mel Morris to walk away.

I hope things work out for Southend and that they're finally rid of Martin.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I remember not so long ago when we were in L1 we played our final game of the season there when they were celebrating their promotion to the Championship and I envied them

That doesn't seem that long ago. 

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent but I will always remember that day for three different reasons ;

Gary Johnson keeping our squad on the pitch to watch the celebrations and instilled into us that was what we could achieve the following season.... 

It was Shaun Goaters last game, and there was a third section in the ground for Man City supporters - oddly before the game in one of the bars they kept putting money behind the bar to pay for our drinks 

The emotional scars from the yellow submarine trip that day 🍺🤦will be with us for life. One of the more entertaining trips, but as always plenty of hilarious stories to be told 

• Admin
16 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Let`s hope for the fans` sake that this happens. No supporter should have to put up with the shit they have.

Back on track.... 

It was telling that they had their biggest home crowd of the season last night of 6,075, which followed their previous highest (5,823) at the last home game against Fylde 

375c15e0-6233-11ee-80b1-9b9d3770cf9d.jpg

Something that caught my eye about those fixtures, against Fylde there were only 72 away fans, and at the previous home game against Maidenhead (4,748) only 41 away fans 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Back on track.... 

It was telling that they had their biggest home crowd of people season last night of 6,075, which followed their previous highest (5,823) at the last home game against Fylde 

375c15e0-6233-11ee-80b1-9b9d3770cf9d.jpg

Something that caught my eye about those fixtures, against Fylde there were only 72 away fans, and at the previous home game against Maidenhead (4,748) only 41 away fans 

Fylde to Southend on a Tuesday night !! fair play to the 72

• Like 3