IGNORED

Euro club comps started

22A

There's a game on S4C online only  at 6.30pm today (Penybont v FC Santa Coloma Europa conf.) - with Welsh commentary! - if anyone is desperate ,

I mean really really desperate, to watch a game. ⚽

Ex City Mark Little plays for Penybont !

Edited by CodeRed

46 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

There's a game on S4C online only  at 6.30pm today (Penybont v FC Santa Coloma Europa conf.) - with Welsh commentary! - if anyone is desperate ,

Well. LJ did promise him Europe in five years............................................

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Not long till the Women's WC plenty to watch then.

9 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I worked with a guy who followed a scottish team that got into europe and were uncerimoniously dumped out of it by one of the welsh or irish teams.

I can't remember where the next round was going to be but it was more like a holiday destination than a footballing outpost, he was so confident they were going to get through he booked a holiday to celebrate his partner's birthday. I don't think she was impressed, especially after she found out they weren't even going to see his team play. So he took his mum, to a random european game involving the team that put his team out of the cup.

Fast forward to the game night - I got in from playing 5aside, remembered the game was on, and out of childish spite I thought I'd see how the mighty... colwyn bay maybe? .... were getting on

Within 30 seconds, the camera honed in on a chap that looked remarkably like my pal. He proceeded to have a good root around his nose, live on S4C. It was him, and it was good fun sharing that video round.

and that was possibly the only time I've watched S4C

• Haha 2

Better last night in the Europa Conference.

Win for Linfield

Draws for Dundalk, Crusaders, Glentorran, Derry City and Panybont

Defeats for St Patricks, Connahs Quay and Haverfordwest

2nd leg next week.

Edited by 22A

Larne, champions of NI went out last night.

After 90 mins the tie was level so went to ET. Own goal in the 96th min was their undoing.

Hopefully better results for the Irish (North & Republic) & Welsh in the Europa Conference tonight.

Edited by 22A

Thursday night the Europa Conference. Better set of results.

Penybont, Connahs Quay and At Patrick's Athletic went out.

Into the next round though go Derry City, Dundalk, Haverfordwest and all three Belfast teams; Glentorran (who won 14-13 on pens aet), Linfield & Crusaders.

The next round for both competitions starts next week.

• Like 1

Not too good last night. 2nd qualifying round, 1st leg.

Champions League; TNS held to aa 1-1 daw at home.

Conference; Larne lost 3-0 away. 

More games involving British & ROI clubs on Thursday.

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1

On 13/07/2023 at 12:59, CodeRed said:

Will mark Little look different in Welsh ?

Just caught by chance a live game on channel 410. Champions League 2nd qual rnd. For anyone else desperate for non friendlies; channel 409 next Wednesday.

Toninght it's Rakow (Poland) v Qarabag (Azerbaijan). 0-0 at HT,  but the visitors look the better team.

One of the Rakow players is named Arsenic. 

15 hours ago, 22A said:

Just caught by chance a live game on channel 410. Champions League 2nd qual rnd. For anyone else desperate for non friendlies; channel 409 next Wednesday.

Toninght it's Rakow (Poland) v Qarabag (Azerbaijan). 0-0 at HT,  but the visitors look the better team.

One of the Rakow players is named Arsenic. 

Sat too close to the bacon slicer. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CodeRed said:

LJ in Europe tonight as Hibs travel to Inter....

Inter Club d' Escalades of Andorra that is, 4pm on BBC iPlayer or BBC sport website.  LJ's first ever competitive game in Europe I believe.

Losing 0-1 at HT.

Dreadful.

Edited by bcfc01

Hibs 2 down. Dire football against a side playing at a ground with one stand. Can't pick a pass, main tactic a long throw from the right back, the height of sophistication from the coaching genius - their forum has him sussed: 'its shocking that a charlatan like Lee Johnson is still manager'...'will LJ give an explanation or just a load of slavering s+/*.'

• Like 1