IGNORED

Andy King Signs One Year Extension

Spudgun

• The title was changed to Andy King Signs One Year Extension
3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I wonder if kalas will follow suit....

Good news though, 

I think it's very telling that Kingy turned up on the first day of training despite not having signed a new contract.

Whereas Kalas was in Prague, and even later that same week Sainsburys, whilst everyone else was in. 

Stoke the latest rumour for Kalas.

• Like 5

Excellent news even tho in was on the cards. Pearson and King go back years with mutual respect between them and King will act as player/coach this coming season.

Many younger players look up to King as well and it’s always possible that King might take over from Nige when he decides to retire.

Good move all round in my view.

• Like 3

Really good news.

Bloke is a credit to himself & to the game, he’s won absolutely everything yet is a very humble, dedicated pro, the likes of Conway, Scott & Bell clearly love him.

Acknowledges that his availability in his first season meant he felt he’d let himself down so worked hard to make sure it improved, last season he had 100% availability, which is excellent for a 34 year old.

Pearson said when he took over he wanted to bring in the right people, no surprise he went back to Andy King & Matty James.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really good news.

Bloke is a credit to himself & to the game, he’s won absolutely everything yet is a very humble, dedicated pro, the likes of Conway, Scott & Bell clearly love him.

Acknowledges that his availability in his first season meant he felt he’d let himself down so worked hard to make sure it improved, last season he had 100% availability, which is excellent for a 34 year old.

Pearson said when he took over he wanted to bring in the right people, no surprise he went back to Andy King & Matty James.

Think it’s two-way, he mentioned how he likes being around them, they keep him young.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Really good news.

Good news & won a lot of doubters over (me included).  Still having an influence on the pitch but an even bigger one off it.

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, Antman said:

great news, but why do a promo shoot in a blue top FFS!!!!!

more of Junior Lansdowns stupidity

we are RED

can we please stamp on this.

The complete lack of any kind of brand consistency when it comes to the multitude of different badges being used annoys me very much, but I can't say that the colour of a training kit overly concerns me. Our training kits are hardly ever red, why does this particularly colour annoy you so much? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

I know I'm being greedy but I'd love Kalas to sign as well. That would be the cherry on the top of what is looking a very decent squad in my opinion 

Personally I think that ship has sailed , shame really I know there’s no loyalty in football but I thought kalas may have signed as tbh he has spent a fair bit of time out injured with bcfc paying his very good wages that he was on from the original deal .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Think it’s two-way, he mentioned how he likes being around them, they keep him young.

No doubt, but not every pro reaching the autumn of their career acts like he does towards first year pros, bet plenty give it the “don’t you know who I am” stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Really good news.

Well said. This season he's v much in a coaching role 

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The complete lack of any kind of brand consistency when it comes to the multitude of different badges being used annoys me very much, but I can't say that the colour of a training kit overly concerns me. Our training kits are hardly ever red, why does this particularly colour annoy you so much? 

we are red and white, the Gas are Blue and white.

for me there is a clear identity that is easy to carry into our 'brand' (apologies) and it doesn't involve the colour of our rivals. (and whatever the gap, they remain our rivals surely, as do sheff utd/wed, Man Utd/City and other shared city teams)

we have f ucked around with the kit these last seasons in a way that just whiffs of money grabbing, it's not unique, it's a sad indictment of corporate football. but it would not be difficult to have a home kit, with associated training wear that was red and white at it's core. could still be interesting and contemporary in it's design, but badge branding and colour could be so much better defined. these last two seasons though are just a shambles in terms of all of the elements of our identity. (I've banged on about this enough really :) )

The away kit cycles between white and black, and purple (fans fav) and now this godawful lemon / see through yellow.  (they can't even get that colour right)

but where blue comes into this i'm not sure.

out of interest, do any of the other 'red and white' teams have blue within their range?