IGNORED

Leeds away

East Londoner

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Why would it put more fans out of pocket? 

Not ours it wouldn’t 

If we were to replicate, it would mean increasing the cost of tickets to away fans visiting Ashton Gate, meaning they are out of pocket as well. I accept this wouldn’t affect our fans initially but I can’t seen this resulting in the board of LUFC thinking that they’d better reduce the cost of tickets for away fans visiting Elland Road next year.

In fact, I think it’s more likely that they would see this as an endorsement of their approach and increase tickets prices again next season.

IMHO, I think other forms of protest would be more effective.

26 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

If we were to replicate, it would mean increasing the cost of tickets to away fans visiting Ashton Gate, meaning they are out of pocket as well. I accept this wouldn’t affect our fans initially but I can’t seen this resulting in the board of LUFC thinking that they’d better reduce the cost of tickets for away fans visiting Elland Road next year.

In fact, I think it’s more likely that they would see this as an endorsement of their approach and increase tickets prices again next season.

IMHO, I think other forms of protest would be more effective.

Aren't there also rules that stop us being able to charge away fans more than the highest category for home fans?

58 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Simply reverse the cost , if our fans are charged £45 then charge them the same if they only give us 1000 tickets only give them 1000 tickets and that should be the same for all clubs , no arguments then easy 

Unfortunately I think we probably charge a lot more for away fans then a lot of clubs in this League 

I think reading used to moan about us paying £20 then coming here and being charged £30 

please correct me if I’m wrong 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Simply reverse the cost , if our fans are charged £45 then charge them the same if they only give us 1000 tickets only give them 1000 tickets and that should be the same for all clubs , no arguments then easy 

This plan unfolds if they give us 20,000 tickets and charge a pound owing to a special promotion they decide to run!

Elland Road used to be really nice. Outside there were training pitches and a full size pitch where they played reserve games plus there were manicured lawns. Now it looks like downtown Beirut, which might be a slur on Beirut. To pay more to watch a Championship game than a PL match is bonkers and I've seen us win their so I almost certainly won't attend. As its Leeds it might be on Sky anyway. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection

On 15/07/2023 at 16:29, sticks 1969 said:

Unfortunately I think we probably charge a lot more for away fans then a lot of clubs in this League 

I think reading used to moan about us paying £20 then coming here and being charged £30 

please correct me if I’m wrong 

As I say this should be the same for all clubs 

On 15/07/2023 at 10:35, RedM said:

Its a ground I have never visited, and I love a new ground, largely due to the price. They have always been one of, if not the most expensive clubs we have visited for a league game. I am tempted this year as I'm realising 1) They aren't ever going to be reasonably priced, and 2) you never know whats around the corner and you got to take opportunities when you can.

If you get the chance, then you should go.

But be prepared to be disappointed, its in need of some TLC and the away supporter facilities are crap.

My son used to live in Leeds so I've been there a few times, but now he's moved I won't be bothering - can't stand the ground, their supporters, or Leeds itself.

Each to his own, others may love it (and so may you), but its not for me.

• Like 1

I thought this would get a thread.

Yes the price is disgusting, yes those prices are exactly the same for home supporters in that stand, no we aren’t happy.

Yes the ground is a crumbling mess, as a Leeds fan I would go as far as shit hole that is depressing other than the one “newer” large East Stand.

New owners have plans to either build a new stadium or certainly revamp.

The away fans used to be in the Cheese Wedge but Simon Grayson wanted home fans behind both goals and the Cheese Section meant you had home fans in close proximity from three angles so doesn’t lend itself to safety when our ******** “fans” meet other ******** “fans”.

Hopefully this will only be a temporary inconvenience to you as we leave the division this season…? 

In seriousness the PL is shit, at least we might  get a bit more life out of the fans in the Champ.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

But be prepared to be disappointed, its in need of some TLC and the away supporter facilities are crap.

My son used to live in Leeds so I've been there a few times, but now he's moved I won't be bothering - can't stand the ground, their supporters, or Leeds itself.

Thank you. Yes it's often the grounds you don't expect to let you down, you get an image in your head but in reality for whatever reason they disappoint. For me in recent years it was my visit to Villa Park, to see City,  and Old Trafford, charity match (soccer aid). Both left me not wanting to go back again in a hurry. I think Leeds will be similar.

1 hour ago, SPAZZA said:

I thought this would get a thread.

Yes the price is disgusting, yes those prices are exactly the same for home supporters in that stand, no we aren’t happy.

Yes the ground is a crumbling mess, as a Leeds fan I would go as far as shit hole that is depressing other than the one “newer” large East Stand.

New owners have plans to either build a new stadium or certainly revamp.

The away fans used to be in the Cheese Wedge but Simon Grayson wanted home fans behind both goals and the Cheese Section meant you had home fans in close proximity from three angles so doesn’t lend itself to safety when our ******** “fans” meet other ******** “fans”.

Hopefully this will only be a temporary inconvenience to you as we leave the division this season…? 

In seriousness the PL is shit, at least we might  get a bit more life out of the fans in the Champ.

Out of interest, would you prefer a revamp or move somewhere else as i assume there’s a lot of sentiment about Elland Road despite the current facilities 

And yes you’re right about the PL what people forget is for every game against the so called big six there’s two against the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth 

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

Out of interest, would you prefer a revamp or move somewhere else as i assume there’s a lot of sentiment about Elland Road despite the current facilities 

And yes you’re right about the PL what people forget is for every game against the so called big six there’s two against the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth 

I’d prefer us to build a new stadium on the current location, I like it being in the middle of a council estate / working class area, the plot is huge and you could build a couple of sides whilst still using the current stadium, then maybe we’d play home games away somewhere for a season.

Sentiment is growing thin now that most homes fans are very realistic about the state of the stadium.

If they don’t build from scratch I’d just like a matching West Stand to mirror the huge East Stand, then build the ends up to the same height without necessarily adding too much capacity, problem is Elland Road that runs directly behind the South Stand probably makes that idea a no go.

PS just know it isn’t just the away fans than have utterly shit toilet facilities!

• Like 1

• Admin

Leeds United will offer reciprocal deals to other Championship clubs, meaning away fans could see significant reductions in ticket prices – so long as their own club comes to an agreement.

The club originally said that away fans in the West Stand would be charged a whopping £45 for Category B games and £47 for Category A.

However, it has been announced today that a reciprocal agreement has been reached with Cardiff City who visit Elland Road for their season opener. Adult tickets will be priced at £21, concessions at £16 and juniors between £9-11.

This means visiting Bluebirds fans save £26 on the Category A fixture while Leeds United’s travelling supporters will be offered £21 tickets for the return game in January 2024.

It’s welcome news for Cardiff City fans and, potentially, very good news for any other supporters visiting Elland Road – so long as their own club does the right thing and agrees a fairly priced reciprocal deal with Leeds United.

If they don’t, and you end up paying £45 or £47 at Elland Road, there are two clubs at fault – Leeds United for setting such prices in the first place and your own club for not agreeing a cheaper deal with Leeds.

If they fail to agree a deal it’s fans who lose out as we pay higher prices while the money goes into club coffers. So we have to put pressure on clubs to do the right thing.

What can supporters do?

The FSA fought a long campaign for a football-wide away ticket price cap which the Premier League eventually introduced at £30 in 2016. We have also raised the possibility of a price cap with the EFL who insist that it’s up to each club to determine their own pricing strategy

We’ll be encouraging all our supporters’ groups in the Championship to lobby their clubs to set up a deal with Leeds United – there’s nothing wrong with individual fans contacting their club to make this point either.

And if a reciprocal deal can be set up with Leeds United, then why not others?

Sheffield Wednesday are back in the second tier and have historically charged high away prices while Bristol City, Coventry City, Middlesbrough, QPR and Swansea City regularly broke the £30 barrier for away fans last season.

If these clubs all agree cheaper deals with Leeds United it will make a difference for tens of thousands of travelling supporters this season – and if they agree to cheaper deals with Leeds United then surely they could do it with other clubs too?

This was how the away cap in the Premier League developed as, following fan protests, the number of clubs offering reciprocal deals passed a tipping point and it made sense for the clubs to introduce a league wide cap rather than relying on a web of bespoke deals.

But that didn’t happen in isolation. 

It happened because Premier League fans in particular at that time were very active in lobbying their clubs to implement fairly-priced reciprocal deals. That was backed up by FSA discussions with the authorities at a national level.

However, the protests in the EFL around away prices never quite hit those heights, as £30+ tickets were the exception rather than the norm, so clubs never felt quite as pressured by supporters to reduce prices.

But the latest price announcements can fuel new rounds of activity while, crucially, Leeds United’s offer is a clear opportunity for clubs to do the right thing by their own supporters.

Contact your club and help make it happen.

What do Leeds supporters think?

We spoke to Leeds United Supporters’ Trust (LUST) who said they are delighted that the club will be offering reciprocal pricing deals for away supporters, and hope that other clubs in the division follow suit, using this as an opportunity to offer fair prices for all travelling fans.

“It is still concerning however that some of the prices for home supporters at Elland Road are unnecessarily high, and we urge the club to rethink their pricing structure,” said LUST. 

“It should be noted that the prices set for younger fans are very reasonable and we applaud them for making it more accessible to watch Leeds United for families, however, charging almost £50 for an adult ticket in the second tier is not acceptable.” 

TAKEN FROM : https://thefsa.org.uk/news/leeds-united-offer-reciprocal-away-ticket-deals/

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Leeds United will offer reciprocal deals to other Championship clubs, meaning away fans could see significant reductions in ticket prices – so long as their own club comes to an agreement.

The club originally said that away fans in the West Stand would be charged a whopping £45 for Category B games and £47 for Category A.

However, it has been announced today that a reciprocal agreement has been reached with Cardiff City who visit Elland Road for their season opener. Adult tickets will be priced at £21, concessions at £16 and juniors between £9-11.

This means visiting Bluebirds fans save £26 on the Category A fixture while Leeds United’s travelling supporters will be offered £21 tickets for the return game in January 2024.

It’s welcome news for Cardiff City fans and, potentially, very good news for any other supporters visiting Elland Road – so long as their own club does the right thing and agrees a fairly priced reciprocal deal with Leeds United.

If they don’t, and you end up paying £45 or £47 at Elland Road, there are two clubs at fault – Leeds United for setting such prices in the first place and your own club for not agreeing a cheaper deal with Leeds.

If they fail to agree a deal it’s fans who lose out as we pay higher prices while the money goes into club coffers. So we have to put pressure on clubs to do the right thing.

What can supporters do?

The FSA fought a long campaign for a football-wide away ticket price cap which the Premier League eventually introduced at £30 in 2016. We have also raised the possibility of a price cap with the EFL who insist that it’s up to each club to determine their own pricing strategy

We’ll be encouraging all our supporters’ groups in the Championship to lobby their clubs to set up a deal with Leeds United – there’s nothing wrong with individual fans contacting their club to make this point either.

Sheffield Wednesday are back in the second tier and have historically charged high away prices while Bristol City, Coventry City, Middlesbrough, QPR and Swansea City regularly broke the £30 barrier for away fans last season.

If these clubs all agree cheaper deals with Leeds United it will make a difference for tens of thousands of travelling supporters this season – and if they agree to cheaper deals with Leeds United then surely they could do it with other clubs too?

This was how the away cap in the Premier League developed as, following fan protests, the number of clubs offering reciprocal deals passed a tipping point and it made sense for the clubs to introduce a league wide cap rather than relying on a web of bespoke deals.

It happened because Premier League fans in particular at that time were very active in lobbying their clubs to implement fairly-priced reciprocal deals. That was backed up by FSA discussions with the authorities at a national level.

However, the protests in the EFL around away prices never quite hit those heights, as £30+ tickets were the exception rather than the norm, so clubs never felt quite as pressured by supporters to reduce prices.

But the latest price announcements can fuel new rounds of activity while, crucially, Leeds United’s offer is a clear opportunity for clubs to do the right thing by their own supporters.

We spoke to Leeds United Supporters’ Trust (LUST) who said they are delighted that the club will be offering reciprocal pricing deals for away supporters, and hope that other clubs in the division follow suit, using this as an opportunity to offer fair prices for all travelling fans.

“It is still concerning however that some of the prices for home supporters at Elland Road are unnecessarily high, and we urge the club to rethink their pricing structure,” said LUST. 

“It should be noted that the prices set for younger fans are very reasonable and we applaud them for making it more accessible to watch Leeds United for families, however, charging almost £50 for an adult ticket in the second tier is not acceptable.” 

TAKEN FROM : https://thefsa.org.uk/news/leeds-united-offer-reciprocal-away-ticket-deals/

Didn't Reading offer this last season and City turned them down. Can't see City playing ball they would rather stick with higher ticket costs especially as its Leeds who will more than likely sell their allocation at AG whatever the cost of the ticket.

• Admin
7 hours ago, weepywall said:

Didn't Reading offer this last season and City turned them down. Can't see City playing ball they would rather stick with higher ticket costs especially as its Leeds who will more than likely sell their allocation at AG whatever the cost of the ticket.

I'm pretty sure that here were only 4/5 teams that did take Reading up on the offer 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, weepywall said:

Reading's deal was £20 wasn't it, we didn't want to drop our prices . With the reciprocal deal City could still charge £25 - £30 and save fans some money. 

On 17/07/2023 at 16:10, RedM said:

Thank you. Yes it's often the grounds you don't expect to let you down, you get an image in your head but in reality for whatever reason they disappoint. For me in recent years it was my visit to Villa Park, to see City,  and Old Trafford, charity match (soccer aid). Both left me not wanting to go back again in a hurry. I think Leeds will be similar.

I’ve been to Elland road twice, quite recently, and enjoyed both times, and Leeds itself. 
I loved Villa Park, one of the best stadiums I’ve ever been to (not for facilities or result?)

• Like 2

On 20/07/2023 at 12:36, phantom said:

What can supporters do?

Blackburn usually give us 7k tickets, I’m sure they’d be delighted at 7k x their highest ticket price, I doubt all clubs will agree reciprocal pricing as they see our visit (not being big headed) as a good pay day.

£30 should be the max for a ticket home or away.

• Like 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, SPAZZA said:

Blackburn usually give us 7k tickets, I’m sure they’d be delighted at 7k x their highest ticket price, I doubt all clubs will agree reciprocal pricing as they see our visit (not being big headed) as a good pay day.

£30 should be the max for a ticket home or away.

Welcome back on OTIB 

On 17/07/2023 at 12:45, bcfc01 said:

I like to visit some of the older grounds, it reinforces how lucky we are to have Ashton Gate and its facilities (apart from the club shop)