IGNORED

Joe Low - Signed for Wycombe

Just now, beaverface said:

There you go............Bajic! My memory is going ?

He got beat by a real thunderbastard of a shot, yes, it went into near post, but it was some striker.  One I’d give the striker the credit for rather than blame the keeper per se.  The second was a one on one after Low got caught in possession.  The third was from a free-kick where the ball got bundled in from close range.  On that goal he allowed his defenders to get on top of him, so you can be critical of that for sure.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He got beat by a real thunderbastard of a shot, yes, it went into near post, but it was some striker.  One I’d give the striker the credit for rather than blame the keeper per se.  The second was a one on one after Low got caught in possession.  The third was from a free-kick where the ball got bundled in from close range.  On that goal he allowed his defenders to get on top of him, so you can be critical of that for sure.

It may have been a thunderbolt of a strike, but from behind in the South Stand, I thought his positioning wasn't great and left far too much room open on his near post.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Joe Low - Signed for Wycombe

Good luck Joe.  Any academy player securing a contract with a league club is a success story.  It will convince other young players that signing for us will get them a career in professional football, even if it isn't with us.  Got to be a good thing. 

• Like 9
  • Robin 2

18 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I'd want to see Bajic a few more times before writing him off, as that Lincoln game was a bad day at the office all round (to put it politely).  Then we can decide if he needs to be filed on the Giefer and Marinovic pile

May not be up to it, but I don't think it's totally fair judging a keeper until he's played behind a full first team defence . That Lincoln game was a mix of an ageing Klose, a debut Low and Atkinson in front of a debut keeper.  I'm not a fan of judging any player coming into a massively changed side, if everyone else knows there job and knows how the team play it makes it easier for the one coming in to concentrate on their job. Of course Nige will see him every day and that will probably go a long way towards the decision, but as a fan I think the Lincoln game isn't a fair reflection on how good or bad he can be.

• Like 3

Sorry, just a dummy run of my Alex Scott post for a week or so.  Good luck to Joe, he must have something to be selected for the Welsh squad and it's just a pity that his time in a City shirt will be remembered for a slower turn than an oil tanker with engine difficulties.

• Haha 1