IGNORED

Joe Low - Signed for Wycombe

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can only imagine he has plenty of offers but has a tidy severance payment this month that it’s not worth him foregoing.  Similar with Tomas I suspect…although no idea if he’s been spotted again in Asda in his PJs or is getting himself fit! ???

Not so sure myself, what level do you see these offers coming from?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Lg1 mainly, hence he’ll be taking a paycut.

When you say L1 mainly, it implies you think he'll get offers from other levels. 

Apart from L2 do you mean from abroad because I can't imagine any Championship interest.

What is his standing in the game after such a long period at City without ever really making his mark, and 6 loans, lower league and Scotland, none of which really got him back in the  reckoning at AG?

Still wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Rovers myself.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

When you say L1 mainly, it implies you think he'll get offers from other levels. 

Apart from L2 do you mean from abroad because I can't imagine any Championship interest.

What is his standing in the game after such a long period at City without ever really making his mark, and 6 loans, lower league and Scotland, none of which really got him back in the  reckoning at AG?

Still wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Rovers myself.

Yes, I meant you might got the odd Champ club looking at him….MAITFC, Sheffield Wed might.

OK, really can't see it, don't think he's shown enough to be offered a contract by a Championship club.

I can't see him being particularly sought after by L1 clubs either, hence I mention the possibility of Rovers, pretty much as a last resort but means he could stay in the area.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

OK, really can't see it, don't think he's shown enough to be offered a contract by a Championship club.

I can't see him being particularly sought after by L1 clubs either, hence I mention the possibility of Rovers, pretty much as a last resort but means he could stay in the area.

No, but a player with experience of this level, on a free, MIGHT attract a club in our division.

As for Lg1, he had a really good season for Shrewsbury, one of their best players, so I’d be shocked if he didn’t get a Lg1 gig.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, but a player with experience of this level, on a free, MIGHT attract a club in our division.

As for Lg1, he had a really good season for Shrewsbury, one of their best players, so I’d be shocked if he didn’t get a Lg1 gig.

Agree with L1, think that's probably his level though I can't see multi club L1 interest with such a patchy career record.

You can have Championship experience (i.e. as a back up player with the hope he'll one day reach that level) without actually ever being Championship quality. 

11 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

His performance against Lincoln last season was really really bad. Probably the worst I've seen at the club (including Marinovic vs Ipswich and Vyner vs Brighton 2016)

Brighton knew what they were doing that day and targeted him, 0-4 if I remember?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

His performance against Lincoln last season was really really bad. Probably the worst I've seen at the club (including Marinovic vs Ipswich and Vyner vs Brighton 2016)

True but the midfield didn't really help him that night, not many of that team put in anywhere near a good enough performance, 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

I know it has become an urban myth but Marinovic didn’t actually play that badly.

He was far too slow to clear the ball in the first minute & Lloyd Kelly bailed him out big time & his kicking was poor in an absolute gale but he made one smart save & had no chance with their goal.

This nonsense has become so exaggerated in time that in a few years people will be posting on here he was responsible for all 5 of their goals in a 1-1 draw.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

True but the midfield didn't really help him that night, not many of that team put in anywhere near a good enough performance, 

Yep, and Pearson said afterwards that he was let down by the more senior players around him. Don't think it's coincidence that several of that team fell out of favour, and in some cases didn't feature again before leaving.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, and Pearson said afterwards that he was let down by the more senior players around him. Don't think it's coincidence that several of that team fell out of favour, and in some cases didn't feature again before leaving.

Especially Klose.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

They were definitely critical of Klose.  I didn’t see it that way, I saw two young-players struggle (Kadji too) and it felt a bit like “shit…this is real first team football” against a team right up for it.  King in midfield with Kadji might’ve given Nige an indication of whether he was ready or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

In hindsight I think those comments were partially not to put more pressure on him, but think that a subsequent poor loan spell at Walsall, not taking him to Austria & now moving him on are indicative that he didn’t think he’s good enough.

Klose definitely burned his bridges that night too, though.

• Like 1

I feel like City are playing it quite sensible. If a player doesn’t make it then let him go and pursue a career elsewhere. Don’t hold out for transfer fees but load the deal with add ons. It creates opportunities then for other players and young pros signing know that city are focused on not standing in there way.  It’s a good sign of the quality coming through when we can move on a Welsh international knowing we have better coming through. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In hindsight I think those comments were partially not to put more pressure on him, but think that a subsequent poor loan spell at Walsall, not taking him to Austria & now moving him on are indicative that he didn’t think he’s good enough.

Walsall didn't suit him in possession, one of Joe's strengths is playing out from the back and all Walsall wanted to do was have their CB's pump it into their centre forward, there was hardly any pace in the defence around Joe either where he probably does need to be paired with someone more mobile. So don't think he can be blamed for that loan much, Flynn basically gives up on the league and doesn't care once his teams can't go up or down and given they were basically done by the back end of February it wouldn't have been great there.

Deal could have been in the offing before the Austria trip and perhaps a reason why Pearson didn't want to take him rather the other way round.

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I know it has become an urban myth but Marinovic didn’t actually play that badly.

He was far too slow to clear the ball in the first minute & Lloyd Kelly bailed him out big time & his kicking was poor in an absolute gale but he made one smart save & had no chance with their goal.

This nonsense has become so exaggerated in time that in a few years people will be posting on here he was responsible for all 5 of their goals in a 1-1 draw.

I'm going from memory here, but I'm sure the first goal we let in against Lincoln was because he left a massive gap at his near post, and he couldn't cut the shot out.

Someone might have to dig the highlights out to confirm though.

16 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I'm going from memory here, but I'm sure the first goal we let in against Lincoln was because he left a massive gap at his near post, and he couldn't cut the shot out.

Someone might have to dig the highlights out to confirm though.

Marinovic played against Ipswich Town, presumably you mean Bajic?

On 18/07/2023 at 12:19, cidercity1987 said:

I would expect Taylor Moore to land at Charlton

His level, aspirational league one, with a manager who rates him

Apparently he’s in talks with Leyton Orient, so league one.

• Thanks 1