IGNORED

Joe Low - Signed for Wycombe

Not seen it officially reported anywhere but he featured for Wycombe yesterday in a behind closed doors match v Arsenal U21s.

Was told last week he was joining them permanently, but this suggests maybe a trial first.

Obvious by the fact he didn’t get taken to Austria that he could move on this summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not seen it officially reported anywhere but he featured for Wycombe yesterday in a behind closed doors match v Arsenal U21s.

Was told last week he was joining them permanently, but this suggests maybe a trial first.

Obvious by the fact he didn’t get taken to Austria that he could move on this summer.

Defence kept a clean sheet too. 

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Great move for him if so. So refreshing seeing the club let young players move on if they get the chance to get good moves for themselves. Towler to Pompey was a fantastic move, this would be the same for Joe. 

No more 17 loans in 4 years before being released. 

Exactly this. My impression is that Low is quite a way from the first team and probably won’t get the chances he needs to get to the level he needs to get to. It may of course be possible that he never quite gets to bring a Championship level footballer at all but a player has a far better chance by getting a permanent move to somewhere he is wanted than going out on loan after loan with the first team getting further out of sight.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, City oz said:

Just looked he is valued at 125K, probably a good prospect for Wycombe. 

Who’s valuing him at that ?

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Great move for him if so. So refreshing seeing the club let young players move on if they get the chance to get good moves for themselves. Towler to Pompey was a fantastic move, this would be the same for Joe. 

No more 17 loans in 4 years before being released. 

Definitely glad that Pearson seems to have curbed Tinnion’s loan approach. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Think they've just got that from transfermarkt. So no bearing on what we'd potentially get. I'd imagine he'll go for a nominal fee at best with a sell on but who knows.

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Think they've just got that from transfermarkt. So no bearing on what we'd potentially get. I'd imagine he'll go for a nominal fee at best with a sell on but who knows.

Thought it might be. Transfermarkt normally vastly undervalues players but i agree with you that it won’t be much. Max £50k I’d say. 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Graham - I spent yesterday afternoon scouting Wycombe’s trigger after someone alerted me to “Trialist - CB” on their feed, because I suspect like you I’d heard the same thing.

image.thumb.png.ea2fd844cba8cbd6e342789a2777db7c.png

A video of the players coming out the dressing room saw him carefully hidden (2/3rd hidden, more later), but….a reverse angle camera shot gave this.

image.thumb.jpeg.de7bc65e53a866493a05be54aaef848d.jpeg

certainly looked like Joe.

So back to the original video:

image.thumb.jpeg.5571ecf9d877c48253eb7cec6b7d534b.jpeg

that tattoo’d left arm on the left….

image.thumb.jpeg.69d0b582b3ab112a7e749e7c7c5dc50a.jpeg

is a perfect match.

@Fordy62 where do I apply?

As for “Trialist” I very much doubt this is a trial, just purely down to not naming him because he’s still registered with us, just waiting to finalise the transfer.

As for other links, I would imagine Bloomfield may have looked at Josh whilst he was manager at Colchester as there was an ex-City link in the back room staff down there, who will have known Joe and the likes of Owura (who was on loan at Colchester).  Now at WW and Joe’s increased profile in Wales squad over the summer, it seems to all add up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure it was Tins loan approach, he was as desperate as you or I to see players given them a chance.

Re all Gregor’s piece about his frustrations that the pathway seemed blocked under LJ / MA.  A lot of truth in that!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not all academy products will become first team players. JL looked very very raw on the minimal occasions he played for us. If we can get some money for him, and a nice sell on, and he goes and does well somewhere and then gets sold on again, that's good business from us. It would be poor business to keep him here, when he is unlikely to break through, costing us money and eventually leaving for nothing. Good move all round. Good Luck to him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure it was Tins loan approach, he was as desperate as you or I to see players given them a chance.

Re all Gregor’s piece about his frustrations that the pathway seemed blocked under LJ / MA.  A lot of truth in that!

Tinnion went public that he thought Cam Pring was ready for the first team squad. Cam was promptly shipped out on loan to Pompey. It wasn't Brian making the decisions it seems.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I remember him talking passionately about getting players out on loan playing ‘mens football’ a fair few times 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I remember him talking passionately about getting players out on loan playing ‘mens football’ a fair few times 

Totally, but mainly younger ones, not the ones who he thought were ready for first team….the likes of Zak, Max, Cam, Joe M etc….who then saw players signed over them! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Totally, but mainly younger ones, not the ones who he thought were ready for first team….the likes of Zak, Max, Cam, Joe M etc….who then saw players signed over them! 

Yes but the number of younger player loans out has reduced and it happened after Pearson said it would which suggests to me that Pearson curbed Tinnions approach 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yes but the number of younger player loans out has reduced and it happened after Pearson said it would which suggests to me that Pearson curbed Tinnions approach 

The younger ones are still going out on loan to Yate, Melksham etc, which was probably Tins’ initial role…but a bloated squad of more senior / fringe (whatever you call them) has lessened the need under Nige…I agree.  But if Tins had had his way, we wouldn’t have bought player x, we’d have played academy player y.  And then when player x got replaced by player z, Tins had to loan out player x too.

Bit of both I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Graham - I spent yesterday afternoon scouting Wycombe’s trigger after someone alerted me to “Trialist - CB” on their feed, because I suspect like you I’d heard the same thing.

image.thumb.png.ea2fd844cba8cbd6e342789a2777db7c.png

A video of the players coming out the dressing room saw him carefully hidden (2/3rd hidden, more later), but….a reverse angle camera shot gave this.

image.thumb.jpeg.de7bc65e53a866493a05be54aaef848d.jpeg

certainly looked like Joe.

So back to the original video:

image.thumb.jpeg.5571ecf9d877c48253eb7cec6b7d534b.jpeg

that tattoo’d left arm on the left….

image.thumb.jpeg.69d0b582b3ab112a7e749e7c7c5dc50a.jpeg

is a perfect match.

@Fordy62 where do I apply?

As for “Trialist” I very much doubt this is a trial, just purely down to not naming him because he’s still registered with us, just waiting to finalise the transfer.

As for other links, I would imagine Bloomfield may have looked at Josh whilst he was manager at Colchester as there was an ex-City link in the back room staff down there, who will have known Joe and the likes of Owura (who was on loan at Colchester).  Now at WW and Joe’s increased profile in Wales squad over the summer, it seems to all add up.

A very touching tribute to a certain controversial social media influencer with that ink.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

No, no and thrice no. It was the clown who was our manager!

I know it's an old saying but that clown couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

12 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Thought it might be. Transfermarkt normally vastly undervalues players but i agree with you that it won’t be much. Max £50k I’d say. 

Yes, just google a player's name and it will give a value! 

Good luck to him. It’s a great illustration of our current approach - we aren’t going to “rack and stack” players and Nige has been consistent that he expects players of JLs age to be around the first team at his age if he’s going to make it here. We aren’t keeping him around on the off chance and players pushing strong behind him means we need to move him on. Sensible stuff from all parties.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-transfer-league-one-8608652

BTW anyone know what’s happening re Taylor Moore? 

I can only imagine he has plenty of offers but has a tidy severance payment this month that it’s not worth him foregoing.  Similar with Tomas I suspect…although no idea if he’s been spotted again in Asda in his PJs or is getting himself fit! ???

• Like 1