IGNORED

Desperately sad news

Fordy62

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Hello all, 

With great sadness I’m afraid I have to inform you of the passing of fellow red Ady/Ade Wood who you’d probably know better from his time posting on here as “Woodsy”, later changing his name to “‘Orns”. 

Ady was one of life’s good guys. Genuinely huge hearted and the heartbeat of any room he’d be in. He was avid City fan, as well as Gloucester Rugby & Worcester Cricket. 

He was diagnosed with pretty advanced cancer 4 weeks ago and passed away peacefully last night. 

Ady leaves behind his wife and four children who he completely adored.

At the Edgbaston Ashes test a few short weeks back Ady proudly accosted Mark ‘Tubby’ Taylor and told him how he’d ruined his summer of 1989. I know how happy that made him (pictured).

I first met Ady around 1996 when I started playing men’s cricket, he wasn’t particularly skilled with bat or ball, but it was testament to his character that he was continually picked for the first team for his character, oh and he sure could hit it a long way.

I’ll include a screenshot from his last Facebook post. Please do me a favour and do it. And hold your loved ones close and tell them that you love them, for life is fragile.

RIP Ady, fly high x

23FAC35E-C7F6-4D30-BF12-888F3FF680B8.jpeg

961ABE52-3764-4DDA-AD1A-C93D42C633D8.jpeg

1993061A-D77C-49BA-AE3B-969507153EAF.jpeg

My father in law went last year in a similarly short time after diagnosis, it was absolutely brutal. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP.

@Fordy62Oh no, that’s awful, in fact worse than that, it’s a complete f^_$er.  Only knew him from here and Twitter, but he seemed such a lovely guy with a lovely family and we interacted a lot on twitter.  

Please pass on my condolences to his family.  You must be devastated.  Feel gutted.For you too.

???

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

Had quite a back n forth with Woodsy on here 10/15 odd years ago. Once it settled we exchanged a few PMs. 

He was obviously a huge City fan and he told me about his affection for Gloucester RFC and Cricket. 

A nice guy as are most of the people you don’t see eye to eye with on a faceless forum. something people need to remember when they sit behind their iPhone. 

I know he had a couple of other mates that post here, whom I’m sure will be hurting today. 

His family must be devastated and my heart goes out to them. 

CITY TILL I DIE!

• Like 7