IGNORED

City Reunion at FGR (Merged)

Silvio Dante

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

It means what its means - that you have played for your country. I quite like the cap but I agree the requirement should be to have to start a game at a major tournament.

If you play for your country there should be something like you get the shirt you played in.

So Billy Wedlock would no longer have any of his 26 caps.....?

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

So Billy Wedlock would no longer have any of his 26 caps.....?

I'm not proposing taking stuff away that would be too complex, just changing the way it works now, there are bigger squads and more games now.

Been to FGR quite a lot this season. 
First couple of games you could see some improvements on last seasons debacle (bs Swindon in particular) but that was a very short and sharp period of hope. They’ve been shocking since. 
I personally would have pulled the plug on Horseman and Carey after I witnessed them lose a 2 goal lead to fellow strugglers Grimsby a few weeks back. 
It was clear to me then that things were only going one way. 

Since then they’ve had the cup replay situation and in the 3 games vs Scarborough they somehow managed to concede 5 goals! 
I mean - one plucky game from non leaguers is generally expected, but 5 goals in 3 games!! Wow! 

As for Deeney, his body language in the last few games I’ve seen has not been very positive. He’s been huffing and puffing and throwing hands in the air whenever a team mate has made an error. 
Not sure how that will now play out as the main man?? Wonder if there are some players who already aren’t really ‘feeling him’. 

One thing for sure, this had better work out otherwise this thread will need to get moved to the Non League thread next season!!! 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Been to FGR quite a lot this season. 
First couple of games you could see some improvements on last seasons debacle (bs Swindon in particular) but that was a very short and sharp period of hope. They’ve been shocking since. 
I personally would have pulled the plug on Horseman and Carey after I witnessed them lose a 2 goal lead to fellow strugglers Grimsby a few weeks back. 
It was clear to me then that things were only going one way. 

Since then they’ve had the cup replay situation and in the 3 games vs Scarborough they somehow managed to concede 5 goals! 
I mean - one plucky game from non leaguers is generally expected, but 5 goals in 3 games!! Wow! 

As for Deeney, his body language in the last few games I’ve seen has not been very positive. He’s been huffing and puffing and throwing hands in the air whenever a team mate has made an error. 
Not sure how that will now play out as the main man?? Wonder if there are some players who already aren’t really ‘feeling him’. 

One thing for sure, this had better work out otherwise this thread will need to get moved to the Non League thread next season!!! 

You have my sympathies. 

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You have my sympathies. 

No need pigeon. I really enjoy it. 
Get to stand on a terrace and enjoy the hustle bustle of league 2 football and hopefully catch a few players who are on their way up the leagues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Like Yeovil, back where they belong

I suppose if everyone was playing where they belong we might not be in the championship. Most of our history been 3rd tier. Along with Rovers. 
Be careful what you wish for Phants 😁

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

No need pigeon. I really enjoy it. 
Get to stand on a terrace and enjoy the hustle bustle of league 2 football and hopefully catch a few players who are on their way up the leagues. 

Have you seen much of Teddy Jenks and any thoughts on him?

Another owner with more money than sense.

No doubt he’ll splash the cash in January, but is employing a guy with literally zero history in coaching the best way to save them?

Great job for Cotts.

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Seen lots of him. 
I can categorically confirm that in my opinion he is one of the worst players in league 2! 

Thank you, a good friend of mines son so I won't pass that on to her.. 😆

Edited by M.D
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Not too many player managers around these days, assuming he's still going to play that is.

Not someone I would of seen as a future manager. Be interesting to see how he gets on it that dual role.

Some of our fans might say he will be used to being in charge .

Certainly had a lot of influence on what was going on here and often led the players if there were any issues - hence us having a high turnover of managers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Not too many player managers around these days, assuming he's still going to play that is.

Not someone I would of seen as a future manager. Be interesting to see how he gets on it that dual role.

First thing he needs to do is retire.

Pretty obvious last season against us the bloke can’t run anymore, way past playing.

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

First thing he needs to do is retire.

Pretty obvious last season against us the bloke can’t run anymore, way past playing.

I agree. 
Problem FGR have had is getting enough strikers fit to play. 
I don’t think Deeney was expecting huge amounts of game time. But Stevens, Matty Taylor, Morton have all been unavailable way more than they’ve been available so they’ve only had Omotoye or Deeney. 
The games I’ve seen he’s been slow, way off the pace, has no first touch and has just been getting increasingly frustrated. If I were him I’d call it a day and focus on managing. 

• Thanks 1