IGNORED

A not really Swindon Town friendly match-day thread

Jerseybean

Stand outs for me today;

Dickie - didn't put a foot wrong and I liked the forward passes to feet around the half way line, a lot more comfortable on the ball than I imagined.

Bell - two excellent finishes 

Scott - could/should have scored at least three but got himself forward a lot more than I've seen before

Conway - four goals and frightened the life out of them

I liked the Pring and Mehmeti link up and I thought Roberts looked good. Nice to see Williams get around the pitch, even if his passing was a bit rusty, I hope his injuries are finally behind him.

Bajic very comfortable with the ball at his feet, but had little to do really.

I thought McCrorie played within himself, more to come from him I think.

Swindon obviously have no depth to their squad, but they played well in the first period and at times looked the better team, but that was their 4th pre-season game so they're a bit ahead of City in terms of match fitness. 

Good competitive work out.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

Conway for top scorer now 66/1

Tell you what, i'm not really a betting man but I think I might just have a cheeky few quid with those odds.

Seeing how good he is with both his feet and his head in front of goal, this could well be a nice little earner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

First game it was just Sam Pearson.

Second game Knight-Lebel, Idehen, Taylor-Clarke & Seb P-H.

You can only have a maximum of 2 players on loan from one club but if Swindon are interested you’d think any 2 of those 5 could start this season with them.

You can add Yeboah who i'm pretty sure played the second half for Swindon today. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Stand outs for me today;

Dickie - didn't put a foot wrong and I liked the forward passes to feet around the half way line, a lot more comfortable on the ball than I imagined.

Bell - two excellent finishes 

Scott - could/should have scored at least three but got himself forward a lot more than I've seen before

Conway - four goals and frightened the life out of them

I liked the Pring and Mehmeti link up and I thought Roberts looked good. Nice to see Williams get around the pitch, even if his passing was a bit rusty, I hope his injuries are finally behind him.

Bajic very comfortable with the ball at his feet, but had little to do really.

I thought McCrorie played within himself, more to come from him I think.

Swindon obviously have no depth to their squad, but they played well in the first period and at times looked the better team, but that was their 4th pre-season game so they're a bit ahead of City in terms of match fitness. 

Good competitive work out.

Agree with every word

3 hours ago, Ally1971 said:

As someone who lives in West Swindon, this result is great.

Regarding loans to Swindon, I wouldn't do it based on the experience that their fans will jump on any mistakes a City loanee makes,and I'm referencing both Kadji and Jonny Smith.  

They have to hide their jealousy because we don't even acknowledge them as a rival but it soon comes to the fore on any little failing City show/have, which is probably not conjusive to a player in his first taste of pro-level football.

Love it ?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BS3City said:

I wouldn't loan Swindle the cheese off the end of my knob or the steam from my piss, let alone TC, Seb P-H, the tea lady or anyone else.

**** 'em...

I'd love to hear your chat up lines! :shocking:

2 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

Highlights - 

Didn't see it in the thread. 

Thanks for that.

Some very good goals there - yes it's Swindon, and yes it's possibly not their first 11, and yes it's a friendly. However, some of the build up play and passes were very good, especially considering that this is only our 2nd(?) friendly (happy to be corrected- have ofsted in at school and my brains fried!)

I'll go on record now and say that if we can keep Scott (unlikely admittedly) and both he and Conway stay relatively injury free, we are going to do fairly well this season. Those couple from Bell were also not bad goals either. 

The Wells factor (especially with Conway and Bell) is really starting to show why he was kept on when some were happy for him to go. Add Jason Euell in as well, and I think we'll be OK for strikers for a few years...

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1