IGNORED

Millwall : Tickets and matchday info

phantom

3 hours ago, phantom said:

In all seriousness, this was tweeted yesterday for anyone who didn't see it and is looking for a pint later 

IMG-20230811-WA0008.jpg

Thanks for this, I’ve managed to get a neutral mate (Chelsea fan) who lives in London to come along and we’re going to head to Surrey Quays before hand I think, try and catch the England game 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

9am from Temple Meads running late - current timings below 

Don't forget any service over 15 minutes late you can claim a refund for 

Screenshot_20230812_075645_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also fun fact if you have an open return, if any train that you were eligible to return on is delayed or cancelled you can also claim, so keep an eye on the rest of the days trains

Edited by MarcusX
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate that a lot of their ‘non-violent’ fans are hoping for a peaceful day and respects for their owner. 
However, they have a large number of fans who will still be looking for trouble. 
In fact, I’ve heard from some Millwall fans that they think today is all their Christmasses come at once, with ‘Bristol’ fans not being allowed to use “cowards way”. 
Could get quite interesting. Post-match certainly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I appreciate that a lot of their ‘non-violent’ fans are hoping for a peaceful day and respects for their owner. 
However, they have a large number of fans who will still be looking for trouble. 
In fact, I’ve heard from some Millwall fans that they think today is all their Christmasses come at once, with ‘Bristol’ fans not being allowed to use “cowards way”. 

I've read differing things on that, apparently the separate walkway will be open.

I also suspect one block or one higher and lower of segregation in the circs could be an interesting one to police and steward..hopefully I'm wrong but it's a bit cavalier isn't it. Told a couple of friends who support other clubs and they were..surprised. I hope it all passes off respectfully and smoothly.

On a little side note, ha puts some of our restrictions with the Atyeo a few years back into perspective a bit doesn't it. Granted this is a one off for special reasons I'm sure.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've read differing things on that, apparently the separate walkway will be open.

I also suspect one block or one higher and lower of segregation in the circs could be an interesting one to police and steward..hopefully I'm wrong but it's a bit cavalier isn't it. Told a couple of friends who support other clubs and they were..surprised. I hope it all passes off respectfully and smoothly.

On a little side note, ha puts some of our restrictions with the Atyeo a few years back into perspective a bit doesn't it. Granted this is a one off for special reasons I'm sure.

I think both you and @Harry are right weirdly! 

If it wasn’t for the Chairman memorial aspect I think this would definitely be high risk, but with some mutual respect this may calm it all down. That said, it won’t take much encouragement from either side for things to kick off. 

Millwall view on it seems just as mixed actually from reading their forum. 

On the pitch I think it will be fairly even, would take a draw now TBH.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve had similar from a South London based mate of mine 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm very surprised City agreed to splitting the stand - if they were consulted, which they surely must have been. Millwall fans were constantly trying to get at us from a side stand last time I was there, and that was with us in the top tier, so hard to imagine it'll be much different today. Their stewards took very little action to stop them btw, their fans seemed to be able to do what they liked with minimal intervention.

Their owner dying is of course very sad, and right that due respect should be shown (but why not against Reading in the week?) but it shouldn't lead to actions being taken that may heighten the risk of trouble or undermine security and safety for the away fans.

With the train strike as well, it looks like the perfect opportunity for those looking for trouble, and we know there are plenty of those at Millwall.

I'd like to feel that somehow today will go without incident and those going will be on here later saying everything was fine.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if that's the case, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm very surprised City agreed to splitting the stand - if they were consulted, which they surely must have been. Millwall fans were constantly trying to get at us from a side stand last time I was there, and that was with us in the top tier, so hard to imagine it'll be much different today. Their stewards took very little action to stop them btw, their fans seemed to be able to do what they liked with minimal intervention.

Their owner dying is of course very sad, and right that due respect should be shown (but why not against Reading in the week?) but it shouldn't lead to actions being taken that may heighten the risk of trouble or undermine security and safety for the away fans.

With the train strike as well, it looks like the perfect opportunity for those looking for trouble, and we know there are plenty of those at Millwall.

I'd like to feel that somehow today will go without incident and those going will be on here later saying everything was fine.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if that's the case, unfortunately.

It’s not the segregation inside the ground which is of concern. It’s the streets outside afterwards which I gather will carry the most danger. Lots of ‘naughty’ Millwall have been rubbing their hands with glee at this rare opportunity. Sadly. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s not the segregation inside the ground which is of concern. It’s the streets outside afterwards which I gather will carry the most danger. Lots of ‘naughty’ Millwall have been rubbing their hands with glee at this rare opportunity. Sadly. 

If the segregation line is policed and stewarded correctly then yes. Otherwise maybe not 100 pct.

Outside a bigger risk I agree, dunno if the rail strikes will also heighten this.

We have some supporters of our own too who could be an issue too in theory, all clubs do. Not all one way. I'm stating the obvious of course.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Yep, but that's because it's Bristol City and not the likes of Reading or Norwich for example.

The same applies to in the ground and that's why I'm also concerned about the segregation.

There's a reason that stand is always away fans only - the number of Millwall fans always looking for trouble.

City and Millwall have a long history that the officials of both clubs, and those responsible for ground safety, should be well aware of. 

Splitting the away end didn't have to happen, would they have contemplated doing it if Chelsea or West Ham were today's visitors?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, but that's because it's Bristol City and not the likes of Reading or Norwich for example.

The same applies to in the ground and that's why I'm also concerned about the segregation.

There's a reason that stand is always away fans only - the number of Millwall fans always looking for trouble.

City and Millwall have a long history that the officials of both clubs, and those responsible for ground safety, should be well aware of. 

Splitting the away end didn't have to happen, would they have contemplated doing it if Chelsea or West Ham were today's visitors?

Not only away fans only but to many clubs Top tier of that stand only!

Norwich get the Bottom tier at times, unsure who else but it's noteworthy when a club do.

On 12/08/2023 at 10:10, MarcusX said:

Also fun fact if you have an open return, if any train that you were eligible to return on is delayed or cancelled you can also claim, so keep an eye on the rest of the days trains

Many thanks. Never realised this. For anyone interested the 17.18 from Paddington to Bristol Parkway was delayed by 45 minutes. Compensation claim made and £17+ should be winging its way back into my account soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Many thanks. Never realised this. For anyone interested the 17.18 from Paddington to Bristol Parkway was delayed by 45 minutes. Compensation claim made and £17+ should be winging its way back into my account soon.

No probs, I discovered this way back when I used to commute fairly often.

Also another fun fact for commuters, when you claim you can get it paid to your own bank account - so even if you travelled for work and they paid for it, you can still claim the money for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

No probs, I discovered this way back when I used to commute fairly often.

Also another fun fact for commuters, when you claim you can get it paid to your own bank account - so even if you travelled for work and they paid for it, you can still claim the money for yourself.

You never would have made the 17.18 back anyway.... 

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Note of caution,please don't book with train line,

fares are normally the same as on the GWR and cross country sights

BUT trainline WILL charge you an admin fee to get your monies back

Also admin fee when you book your tickets as well. I never use Trainline for that reason.