IGNORED

Millwall : Tickets and matchday info

phantom

Millwall fan here…..from last season, lower tier tickets are now sold first with additional tickets then made available thereafter (in the upper tier). The upper tier is steeper that the opposite stand, and what with persistent standing (fairly normal for most away ends), the safety committee has imposed these restrictions….also, the police have the final say in these arrangements.
Where away clubs do not take up their allocation, Millwall have placed home fans (local community initiatives i.e. schools, kids clubs) in the away end - in a different tier I might add….think this only happened on a few occasions towards the end of last season.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, phantom said:

It's policed so fans never mix 

Before the game the trains from London Bridge are for away fans. 

After the game we'll be kept back 30-45 minutes to get the home fans away before we're taken back to the station 

I'm assuming you have not been by train before, the walkway from the station to the ground is away from any home supporters 

Ironically the station is very similar to Bordesley at Birmingham but unlike there we'll never see a home supporter 

Screenshot_20230721_195107_Earth.jpg

I went to the game last season, and we were let out immediately, and there was absolutely no segregation anywhere outside of the ground including the approach to, and the station itself. I even approached a police officer and asked him, in a thick Bristolian accent, if I could walk that way and he said no problem at all.

• Like 5

• Admin
2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I went to the game last season, and we were let out immediately, and there was absolutely no segregation anywhere outside of the ground including the approach to, and the station itself. I even approached a police officer and asked him, in a thick Bristolian accent, if I could walk that way and he said no problem at all.

Interesting

Was this down the pathway? 

I wonder if the decision is done on a match by match basis? 

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Agreed, I’ve been to Millwall a couple of times over the last few years. The walkway was for away supporters only, but once you get to the station there was no segregation at all, which surprised me considering how crowded the platform was. There were no problems there whatsoever though.

• Like 2

On 22/07/2023 at 09:55, HitchinRed said:

Agreed, I’ve been to Millwall a couple of times over the last few years. The walkway was for away supporters only, but once you get to the station there was no segregation at all, which surprised me considering how crowded the platform was. There were no problems there whatsoever though.

Few years back when we had a sniff of still going up (night game) we were let onto the platform at the same time - a Millwall supporter randomly punched a City fan out of nowhere near us but the police did absolutely nothing.   I’d imagine the policing might be quite different this time but you never know! 

On 22/07/2023 at 09:50, phantom said:

Interesting

Was this down the pathway? 

I wonder if the decision is done on a match by match basis? 

I was told last year and the year before that the Met were far too busy with other high profile games (think spurs had a championa league of europa league game the year before last against psv or someone from Germany they were worried about causing trouble).

Just spoke to a Millwall fan (I like in SE London who confirmed the away end will also have home fans in it as Millwall are 'inviting' home fans to the game as a celebration of their former chairman. 

Looking at the spacing in the above photo it has disaster written all over it unless they are controlling who is in the stand with the away supporters.

• Like 3

I’m not saying it will be as I know Millwall don’t have that edge to them like they use too 

but first home game of the season , full house playing against a team their fans have history with this could be a massive own goal by Millwall , I might be totally wrong even if city fans are very respectful of  the occasion but you can just imagine City getting a last minute winner ( not like us I know ) city fans celebrating no more than a few feet from them .

Or we could all be singing cuum by ya my lord swaying along together & swapping half & half scarves 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

I’m not saying it will be as I know Millwall don’t have that edge to them like they use too 

but first home game of the season , full house playing against a team their fans have history with this could be a massive own goal by Millwall , I might be totally wrong even if city fans are very respectful of  the occasion but you can just imagine City getting a last minute winner ( not like us I know ) city fans celebrating no more than a few feet from them .

Or we could all be singing cuum by ya my lord swaying along together & swapping half & half scarves 

It's the 'who are the ones being invited' and 'where are they sitting' that bothers me. 

Presumably they are people who don't have season tickets (or why would they need an invite) and are they going to be the ones who are more likely to cause problems if things aren't going Millwall's way? 

3 hours ago, redrob said:

Just spoke to a Millwall fan (I like in SE London who confirmed the away end will also have home fans in it as Millwall are 'inviting' home fans to the game as a celebration of their former chairman. 

Looking at the spacing in the above photo it has disaster written all over it unless they are controlling who is in the stand with the away supporters.

Looking on their website there are none on sale for the away end

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

Surrey Quays is closer but is smaller and less well connected 

21 bus from London Bridge runs down the Old Kent Road, stops by Ilderton Road ( near The Windsor pub - big Millwall pub!!) walk down Ilderton Rd to the ground.

Job done......What could go wrong?

• Haha 2

• Admin
3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

21 bus from London Bridge runs down the Old Kent Road, stops by Ilderton Road ( near The Windsor pub - big Millwall pub!!) walk down Ilderton Rd to the ground.

Job done......What could go wrong?

Or book an Uber for a few hundred lol

• Admin
35 minutes ago, leader said:

How we going to get to London in the first place is tube running over to London Bridge answers on a post card 

I think it's unclear who is actually on strike. 

It doesn't appear to be the complete Underground network and even TFL don't currently show anything around South Bermondsey being impacted 

I guess all will be rev in the coming weeks 

12 minutes ago, Whitchurch said:

The last time this happened was against leeds in 2012, after the game they were walked to Surrey Quays so they’ll probably do the same with us assuming that those services are running?

No idea what they’ll do before the game with everyone arriving at different times

No doubt the nice Millwall fans will be there to meet us and show us the way to our seats