IGNORED

Millwall : Tickets and matchday info

phantom

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It’s a one off thing because there will be a Memorial Day for their late chairman. 

It’s really not something that we should be kicking up a fuss about technicality’s. 

That's fair I suppose.

Fuss about allocation aside, Millwall and our fans in fans same stand albeit split and segregated could be an interesting one to police and steward but I guess the sad passing of their owner should take a bit of edge off things.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Millwall's first home fixture is Reading in the League Cup.

You'd think that would be the occasion for the tribute to their chairman.

Not really, like any club there is less interest in cup game against lower opposition

Give the guy a proper send off with a full house

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's fair I suppose.

Fuss about allocation aside, Millwall and our fans in fans same stand albeit split and segregated could be an interesting one to police and steward but I guess the sad passing of their owner should take a bit of edge off things.

I see it differently, emotions are going to be even higher that day

I'm surprised they just didn't give us one of the tiers and the home fans the other

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not really, like any club there is less interest in cup game against lower opposition

I'm surprised they just didn't give us one of the tiers and the home fans the other

You have to access the top tier from the bottom tier concourse at Millwall. Splitting it in half solves that issue. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

If Millwall are expecting significantly more home fans to attend because of the tribute then their first home game of the season,  the cup match against Reading, would have been ideal with no large away following

For the club not take the first opportunity to pay their tribute, but putting it off until the next home game, seems as bit odd to me.

After all this is an occasion for Millwall fans and if they wanted to pay tribute to their chairman, and it was arranged for the Reading game, they'd be there.

Having it when Bristol City are the visitors, with a large away following and apparently necessitating very odd ticket arrangements makes it doubly puzzling imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitchurch said:

There’s no way city would open the Atyeo stand for home fans if the roles were reversed

We've only occasionally post 2016-17 had home fans in the Atyeo the same stand.

Both Manchester clubs in 2017-18 and the six pointer v Derby in 2019 cor the play-off race. Can't remember too many more.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Going to be interested on the south bermondsey platform

• Admin
15 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Going to be interested on the south bermondsey platform

It's policed so fans never mix 

Before the game the trains from London Bridge are for away fans. 

After the game we'll be kept back 30-45 minutes to get the home fans away before we're taken back to the station 

I'm assuming you have not been by train before, the walkway from the station to the ground is away from any home supporters 

Ironically the station is very similar to Bordesley at Birmingham but unlike there we'll never see a home supporter 

Screenshot_20230721_195107_Earth.jpg

I'm still a little conflicted on whether it's right, probably if they want to give him the send-off he deserves but..we seem to have been deprived of up to a few hundred tickets due to this unusual arrangement.

Unique circumstances of course and we, are the first League away fixture there.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm still a little conflicted on whether it's right, probably if they want to give him the send-off he deserves but..we seem to have been deprived of up to a few hundred tickets due to this unusual arrangement.

Unique circumstances of course and we, are the first League away fixture there.

You do realise that we have actually got more tickets this way, we had 1582 in the top tier last season and it was made pay on the day and we didn't sell out. I am assuming that you hadn't realised this? 

I mean this in the most sincere way, but you are the only person that I have seen mention this anywhere 

Also, on the basis the tickets went on general sale today and less than 150 were sold and over 300 still remain we are hardly clambering over each other for tickets 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

You do realise that we have actually got more tickets this way, we had 1582 in the top tier last season and it was made pay on the day and we didn't sell out. I am assuming that you hadn't realised this? 

I mean this in the most sincere way, but you are the only person that I have seen mention this anywhere 

Also, on the basis the tickets went on general sale today and less than 150 were sold and over 300 still remain we are hardly clambering over each other for tickets 

Tbh I haven't been since 2019 to Millwall away and if it was a bigger allocation I do take back some of my points and wouldn't mind my q to Jerry being removed too. Thanks for clarifying that bit.

I suppose my thinking here was along the lines of- Optimism, be a season, first away game and in London at that- as big an away allocation as possible would be great.

I reckon it'll sell out tbh our allocation, but same time I wasn't even sure if it would make General Sale.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh I haven't been since 2019 to Millwall away and if it was a bigger allocation I do take back some of my points and wouldn't mind my q to Jerry being removed too. Thanks for clarifying that bit.

I suppose my thinking here was along the lines of- Optimism, be a season, first away game and in London at that- as big an away allocation as possible would be great.

I reckon it'll sell out tbh our allocation, but same time I wasn't even sure if it would make General Sale.

I must admit I was surprised by what I found out too regarding our allocation 

Traditionally we've always travelled well to London grounds too 

I can delete the question from the SLO section for you 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I must admit I was surprised by what I found out too regarding our allocation 

Traditionally we've always travelled well to London grounds too 

I can delete the question from the SLO section for you 

Appreciate that phantom, thanks for the deletion.

Yeah I was a saying to a mate the other day, who was looking at going to it but they are working that we often travel well up to Birmingham and around London area, South Wales, South West etc. Perhaps not so much East of London ie Kent etc.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 11:25, Ecko said:

Only 1,700 allocated? Why split that over two tiers? And surely that stand holds closer to 4k? 

Coz they are expecting large turn out as a result of owners death.

I went to watch them tuesday night looked lively, especially Whatmore and Bryan in 2nd half.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Yes I went in 2019 and last season. Actually both times the fans merged on that platform  as we had the eery Millwall din going on around us.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Might be more interest after we beat Preston 5-0 ???