IGNORED

City v Newport - City v Oxford

Red Army 75

12 hours ago, liamhealeybcfc96 said:

Didn’t I read dickie looks a bit lost left centre back 

I have no idea who said this but blimey, as Dave said he could have done better for the goal, we appeared to be collectively sleeping after scoring, I thought the two left alone must be offside, but clearly not.

Otherwise (like Roberts) he was outstanding, best user of the ball at the back since Webster.

Interesting he’s being asked to play left in the middle, I can only see this an indication that even if Naismith is available by Preston that Dickie & Vyner will be our starting centre backs.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have no idea who said this but blimey, as Dave said he could have done better for the goal, we appeared to be collectively sleeping after scoring, I thought the two left alone must be offside, but clearly not.

Otherwise (like Roberts) he was outstanding, best user of the ball at the back since Webster.

Interesting he’s being asked to play left in the middle, I can only see this an indication that even if Naismith is available by Preston that Dickie & Vyner will be our starting centre backs.

Just this one bit of distribution was what he can bring being being right footed on the left side.

image.thumb.png.af20118d93191df33791d2797c55f8df.png

Got a pretty horrid ball back from Sykes, but volleyed it out to Roberts, who strode forward to clip a cross into Conway for his terrific volley.

13 hours ago, liamhealeybcfc96 said:

Didn’t I read dickie looks a bit lost left centre back 

You may have done, but he coped really well imo (albeit against lower league opposition).

His passing through the lines set up several attacks, he brought the ball out of defence confidently (got caught once) and his aerial dominance was good to see.

He looks like he's been here for some time, just slotted in.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

You may have done, but he coped really well imo (albeit against lower league opposition).

His passing through the lines set up several attacks, he brought the ball out of defence confidently (got caught once) and his aerial dominance was good to see.

He looks like he's been here for some time, just slotted in.

Exactly as I saw it.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we are waiting on Kalas.  No insight, just think the ship has sailed.

The only reason I think they are possibly holding on, is the total lack of an announcement .
He has had his last pay packet from his Contract with us, he's bags of time to find another Club and I just think if we had moved our focus away from him, we would have put it out there.
The only other reason we could be holding on is to do him a favour in other talks. He has an offer from us ATM, bargaining chip ?

All supposition I know, but I can't think why else we would not have announced something. 

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The only reason I think they are possibly holding on, is the total lack of an announcement .
He has had his last pay packet from his Contract with us, he's bags of time to find another Club and I just think if we had moved our focus away from him, we would have put it out there.
The only other reason we could be holding on is to do him a favour in other talks. He has an offer from us ATM, bargaining chip ?

All supposition I know, but I can't think why else we would not have announced something. 

I seem to recall we never mentioned Maenpaa going OOC?

• Like 2