IGNORED

City v Newport - City v Oxford

Red Army 75

24 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

We’ve gone all Gas

image.thumb.jpeg.b9946cd57b463b0b9c6149a066f8e6ef.jpeg

Sometimes things posted on here can be so cruel and hurtful to the deprived and disadvantaged of those outside of Bristol.

Seeing this will make the Blue Few must be green with envy.

They're probably wondering why their incredibly wealthy owner can't afford to erect such a magnificent edifice for them, thereby doubling their ground's capacity.

But what's the point?

They'd never fill it.

6 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

A bit of both. Imperious defending plus 20 goals

That, and with Alex here next season, Premier League here we come! :)

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Naismith going to be back in time for midweek/Saturday games apparently. Araoye has looked excellent too. McCrorie CB as you say too. Suddenly the squad looks extremely well stocked. 

Nothing against Callum Wood, but Raph Araoye is miles ahead. I think we will see Wood transition into a LB.  Knight-Lebel really composed too…then again he has been pretty much every time I’ve see him

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

What are they feeding them in the academy? Campbell-Slowey & Meerholz look absolute units. 

My first look at both.  JCS I thought was left footed so interesting to see him RCB2, and looked comfy on either foot.

Meerholz looks like James Morton, but with legs.

Keen to see both again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I haven’t seen any of these lads play. What type of centre half is Araoye ? 

He's got a very good frame to be strong but agile. A nice balance of aggression and nous. He looks the business to me but obvs needs loads more gametime to learn and be tested.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

You can’t read anything into results . I haven’t watched any of the games but I’d look for how partnerships are forming across the pitch. Intensity etc 

One thing that I've been impressed by is the intensity. City have played at pace and chased and harried relentlessly. The good thing about that is that seeing as the opponents have been weak, the players still get a good work put just by putting a shift in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You can’t read anything into results . I haven’t watched any of the games but I’d look for how partnerships are forming across the pitch. Intensity etc 

Jason Euell disagrees - he states the pre-season results are important

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

City under 23's lost 3-2 at Paulton. No idea on the team as couldn't make it today.

U18 side, only Idehen (I think) over age. Have to wait for the report to confirm, a mate went said it was all young players.

OK I’m going to big him up, a big, big prospect. Probably one first teamer  injury away from playing.

I think we could see some exciting young players on the bench this season.

The number of talented youngsters is beginning to frighten me.

He really reminds me of what Caulker was like when he was here. Not of the same calibre, obviously, but his style of playing and strengths are very similar 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Results look great but am I right we played Swindons Youth team for at least 30 mins when the goals were rolling in and Oxford reserves today? Surely not the best prep 

If you watch the games, we are playing with great intensity & pace. If you get those right the standard of opposition isn’t overly important. It’s that and getting fitness levels up, which also look great. 

A step up in level this week will get us ready for two weeks time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Can’t get particularly optimistic playing these kinds of teams. Worrying for me that we aren’t playing anyone above league 1 level before the start of the season. Not that results against higher opposition mean that much but it’s more to get us to the level required. 

I do like Pearson and I’m hopeful of a top 10 but I do wonder how good our prep will turn out. Hope to be wrong. 

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

Can’t get particularly optimistic playing these kinds of teams. Worrying for me that we aren’t playing anyone above league 1 level before the start of the season. Not that results against higher opposition mean that much but it’s more to get us to the level required. 

I do like Pearson and I’m hopeful of a top 10 but I do wonder how good our prep will turn out. Hope to be wrong. 

95% of the team have had seasons of playing Championship teams, this is just for fitness, minutes in the legs only.

• Like 2

How did Knight-Lebel perform in the second game? I only watched the first game before I went out. I assume he’s ahead of Wood but is he ahead of Araoye???? Does the performance of our young CB’s mean we won’t look in the market for a new CB??? Maybe look towards end of window if we do. 

Edited by redpole

15 minutes ago, redpole said:

How did Knight-Lebel perform in the second game? I only watched the first game before I went out. I assume he’s ahead of Wood but is he ahead of Araoye???? Does the performance of our young CB’s mean we won’t look in the market for a new CB??? Maybe look towards end of window if we do. 

I thought he was safe. Perhaps overly so going back to keeper quite quickly often. That said probably keeping it simple trying not to make mistakes in his chance. Can’t recall seeing anything worrying. Gut feel he’ll need some minutes at a lower level like Towler did in his early days just to get used to the physicality. 

39 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Hopefully Pearson, having gone through many many pre seasons, knows what he’s doing.  I suspect he does 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Results look great but am I right we played Swindons Youth team for at least 30 mins when the goals were rolling in and Oxford reserves today? Surely not the best prep 

Yeah Rob Atkinson echoed your sentiment. 

• Thanks 1