IGNORED

City v Newport - City v Oxford

Red Army 75

9 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

We were having the same problem. It may sound simplistic but we came out and went back in again. 
for some reason it kept playing videos instead of live stream. 

Thanks.

I've tried that but still the same sadly. Logged out and back in but it just plays a video with Tommy Conway.

2 minutes ago, Ron W said:

I think John Motson wouldn’t be too impressed! Trying to catch up with Newport’s squad numbers for my notes is not the easiest…

Good performance though so far - Bell, Wells and Araoye looking good and some bright moments from Williams too imo.

I have:

Day GK

Delaney 3 RCB

Trialist A 4 CB

Clarke 5 LCB

McLoughlin 19 RWB

Bondswell 33 LWB (he's done well v Leeson)

Wildig 24 DM

Bennett 17 CM

Wood 22 LF

Palmer-Houlden 30 CF

Rai 18 RF

You have anything different?

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Its @Ron W  Ron Walker

No, TC was ahead, was pairing with Wells pre-season, Bell was behind them....hes flying this pre-season tho'.

Bell is a lot more solid, has more confident finishing, and coming in from the left is opening up shooting opportunities.

List the main things you wanted to see improve, and he's nailing it. Well done Sam and coaches. 

If he can take this formbinto the new season against much better opposition, it could get interesting very quickly.

• Like 1

Interesting that Rob Atkinson on comms commented that 'there was a case for Alex leaving last year, but it's all about playing games.' Or something to that effect.

He said hasn't got a clue who our top 3 will be because the competition is so good.

We're focusing on offensive set-pieces to be more productive which let's face it is needed.

Also he's impressed with Araoye (as am I!).

• Robin 1

With Bell and Conway scoring the way they are you have to assume we'll start with Bell Conway and Sykes/Cornick, most likely Sykes when the season starts. I'm surprised Mehmeti isn't being given a game in AM based on the likely-hood of Scott going, I mean Weimann isn't bad there but he lacks the creativity in the middle, he's better at making runs into the box than making that creative pass, Mehmeti would bring something else in the middle in the sense that if the pass isn't available he could run at the opposition in a dangerous position which would creative space.

I like the preseason as a whole, I'm just interested to see how Pearson is going to go into the season, I know right now he's trying things out and getting players fit but I'm genuinely hoping he'll test things out for if Scott leaves. As a whole though we're seeing a solid tactical plan going into the new season, we're getting a lot of players involved in the pre-season and we're seeing players playing hard to try and get in the starting 11, it's almost all positive atm.

18 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Thanks.

I've tried that but still the same sadly. Logged out and back in but it just plays a video with Tommy Conway.

There are two bars at the bottom, click on the right one saying live stream..

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

First league game of the season v Preston nailed on 0-0 .........

........ until the 91st minute, when we all know what happens.......!

Just using pre-season matches to get my Bristol pessimism up to match fitness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, CliftonCliff said:

As with the Swindon game, there is clearly an emphasis on trying to get Scott into more attacking and potentially goal-scoring positions.

Yes - if we can hang onto him, I think he might get a hatful this season. 

Just now, Roadrunner said:

I have never known pre season results like this. Just hope we have not peaked to early. I think Portsmouth will give us a better idea.

I was thinking earlier that, in terms of depth of squad, this is the strongest I’ve seen in my lifetime of watching City (since mid 70s). Even in Div 1 in 1976-80, I don’t think we had this depth. 

Just now, eardun said:

I was thinking earlier that, in terms of depth of squad, this is the strongest I’ve seen in my lifetime of watching City (since mid 70s). Even in Div 1 in 1976-80, I don’t think we had this depth. 

Steady on mate. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Crackers Corner said:

what was the commentator saying about newcastle, was he talking about scott?

He was talking to Rob Atkinson about players moving in the Championship and said “At least you won’t have to face Harvey Barnes …” and then a discussion ensued about his expected move to Newcastle. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

As with the Swindon game, there is clearly an emphasis on trying to get Scott into more attacking and potentially goal-scoring positions.

It makes you wonder with all the transfer speculation and bids, why bother playing and planning these tactical positions if he is going to leave - or maybe not??