IGNORED

Swansea City club shop

4 hours ago, spudski said:

The wrong hands being the banks. 

We rely on them, but they do their darndest to make money from each transaction, and charge extra to companies that use cash and want to bank it. 

It's drip drip drip...things changing for the worse imo. 

And then, despite all the money that they have already milked from the public.....when they pheck up and lose billions....it is the taxpayer they turn to, via the Government, to to bail them out. They cannot lose?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Customer service taken as an average in this country is patchy, sketchy- hit and miss. Has been for years IMO.

I suppose the market dictates the cashless shift, bank branch, self-service pack your own shopping closure etc to an extent but we don't really get much of a say either.

Has its pros and cons but smacks to an extent of get what you're given etc.

Customer service is an unknown ideology in England.

And it stinks of 1984.

For me, it's not about not using a card - I use my card or phone to pay for most things.... but I do carry cash with me in case I find myself somewhere that seems dodgy (like a service station that seems iffy, a Swansea club shop, or more relevant in my case in the US - a Walmart - had so many people I know had their card info taken and used illegally by staff at Walmarts) in which case I want the option of using cash as an alternative.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

There are large costs for a company that receives cash, storage costs, risk costs (burglary etc), transport costs to the bank / cash centre, bank txn costs, etc.

Its why supermarkets, pubs etc started offering cash-back…to get rid of the cash they took in.

People often say using card is bad for a business because of the %fee they have to pay. 

They always, always forget to mention all the things you've listed above for cash. 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

People often say using card is bad for a business because of the %fee they have to pay. 

They always, always forget to mention all the things you've listed above for cash. 

Yep, having worked in banking in the past, on projects involving both cash centres and cards, there is a lot more to it than you’d think.