IGNORED

New website

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Mine too. I’ve logged in and it shows my email but someone else’s name, date of birth, phone number, address… I didn’t go rummaging for bank details. 

This is a massive data breach!  It’s against the law and the sort of thing companies get fined heavily for… if you happen to be listening Steve Lansdown, Jon, Phil Alexander….COMPANIES GET HEAVILY FINED FOR THIS. 

@JerrySLO can you please  raise this with the club urgently. 

52 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

@JerrySLO I suggest that the website is taken down at the earliest opportunity until this major  issue is sorted

Good luck asking the slo for help on here. Not logged on since July 4. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

possibly

83(5) GDPR, the fine framework can be up to 20 million euros, or in the case of an undertaking, up to 4 % of their total global turnover of the preceding fiscal year, whichever is higher.

So we’re gonna save €20m following our almighty **** up? Finally a benefit of Brexit!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

On holiday? July seems like a good time for an SLO to take most of their annual entitlement? 

Yeah could be. Wonder if he’s been active on twitter since then? Wouldn’t know, not on it. 

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

When you reckon SLOs report back for pre-season training, Glyn? 

Should be like the rest of us and never clock off ?

Seriously though, wouldn’t take 10 minutes of his day to have a look on here. Especially with all the faff about the season ticket’s going digital and what not. Maybe I’m being harsh?

28 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Seriously though, wouldn’t take 10 minutes of his day to have a look on here. Especially with all the faff about the season ticket’s going digital and what not. Maybe I’m being harsh?

Any SLO for the City sure has their work cut out! 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Oh good another site which was designed for mobile users, and then looks like absolute shite on desktop with gigantic everything and loads of wasted space. Everything is overflowing it's containers so when you scroll it goes all weird,.

image.thumb.png.c0e53795178ffd2f5fe12559fd8a6c5e.png

Me too, this is ridiculous. I have a random fans name, email,  address, DoB, and phone number.

Mobile first has been the norm for ages. I always find that means 75% of the frontend effort is on mobile and the rest on desktop.

They've used bootstrap for the styling so there's no excuse really. 

29 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Seriously though, wouldn’t take 10 minutes of his day to have a look on here. Especially with all the faff about the season ticket’s going digital and what not. Maybe I’m being 

Double wotsit. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

I work with personal data every day at work and am reading this thread from behind the sofa, if I even send this sort of data internally it has to be signed off first and password protected otherwise one would be in deep trouble - even one person's data being leaked is one too many they could be in a bit of bother if its not 'dummy' data

I have just tried to login which failed because my email wasn't verified. This is despite the fact it had been working fine. I decided to create a new account and now my date of birth is deemed 'not valid'

Makes you wonder who did the testing of this site?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, magunn said:

I have just tried to login which failed because my email wasn't verified. This is despite the fact it had been working fine. I decided to create a new account and now my date of birth is deemed 'not valid'

Makes you wonder who did the testing of this site?

Some chap from Stockwood and a bloke named Lincoln by the looks of it.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I work with personal data every day at work and am reading this thread from behind the sofa, if I even send this sort of data internally it has to be signed off first and password protected otherwise one would be in deep trouble - even one person's data being leaked is one too many they could be in a bit of bother if its not 'dummy' data

I missed the ‘fun’ on this earlier - no issues with my account but I only logged in this evening. I do wonder if it was dummy data though given everyone seems to have been seeing the same, ie the data they were using for testing that stayed live for longer than it should have. Wonder where the physical season tickets will be posted ? 

Edited by eardun
  • Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Possibly not for me to say, but Jerry has been doing additional duties around the club for a while now due to staff shortages that go way above and beyond his actual responsibilities 

I find it uncomfortable to read the criticism on here, because if it was known how he's stepped in and prevented a real shit show from occurring I know people would be commenting less 

• Like 14