IGNORED

Is the Prem bubble about to burst ?

Major Isewater

Put it this way.I’m not suddenly gonna start flying out to Saudi and going to stroll down the Kasbah singing ole ole ole any day soon.

Nor am I gonna watch any of older pros going through the motion(diamonds bath rd) is avliable for that.

No one gives a **** about it .The Chinese started buying clubs in the last decade and look at those now including Wolves. Reading and West Brom are in serious trouble.

Why did Messi jet off to America for a final huge payday.The lifestyle.You don’t enjoy a life in Saudi Arabia.

Let Hendo and his mates have a final payday.Fair play.Seriously is anyone but a football nerd gonna watch it? 

coyr 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

It doesn't seem that long ago that people were talking about China in a similar vein

The difference with the Saudi's is that they seem to be over paying for things that if they had a bit more nous they could sort at a lower price

China's financial bubble burst.

Saudi hasn't, and is unlikely to for a very long time.

19 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

As an Englishman when I was at school the nathional team came first and the club came second,for me now its the other way round

If we look at the World cups since 1966 which we got because the U,K promised to beam LIVE pictures to the Southern hemisphere

1970 did we qualify as we were the world champions?

1974 and 1978 we never made it

1982 and 1986 best forgotten

1990 now that tournament was something different

1992 okay the prem started and I can remember people saying it will improve the England players and it didn't and we conked out in 1994

There are now approx 400 players in the prem league(2023) and only eighty of them are available to play for England

1998 2002 2006 reasonable efforts in my opinion

2010 and 2014 not  good tournaments

2018 2022 not a bad tournament

I remember most of those differently 

1982 Flattered to deceive.

1986 Started terrible, unlucky at the end.

1990 Could've won it if we'd been  better in shoot out

1994 dnq as manager not up to it

1998 Shoot out loss. Difficult to gauge how good we could've been 

2002 Flattered to deceive. 

2006 Flattered to deceive with strongest set of players in my memory (bluffer manager).  Penalties again 

2010 dog shit

2014 dog shit

2018 excellent performance with relatively weak side. 

2022 Opportunity missed. Penalties again..

Whilst Saudi is not like China or America I think it'll head more like the latter where the league just fizzes out.

The fact of the matter is the European leagues is where everyone wants to play and the Champions League is the pinnacle club Cup competition.

I think we will see more teams in the English game struggle due to financial constraints but I still believe it'll be as strong as it is now in 5-10 years time (it'll be even stronger once we get promoted ?).

3 hours ago, Negan said:

The Saudi bubble will burst. They will get hit with rules and regs soon which won’t allow them to continue as they are or they’ll realise what they are doing isn’t earning them what they hoped. I’ll never watch a game of their league, same with the majority of fans. 

Prem is run by billionaires.

Saudi's have trillions, the difference is phenomenal. Its not about money but a global footprint.

3 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Put it this way.I’m not suddenly gonna start flying out to Saudi and going to stroll down the Kasbah singing ole ole ole any day soon.

Nor am I gonna watch any of older pros going through the motion(diamonds bath rd) is avliable for that.

No one gives a **** about it .The Chinese started buying clubs in the last decade and look at those now including Wolves. Reading and West Brom are in serious trouble.

Why did Messi jet off to America for a final huge payday.The lifestyle.You don’t enjoy a life in Saudi Arabia.

Let Hendo and his mates have a final payday.Fair play.Seriously is anyone but a football nerd gonna watch it? 

coyr 

Messi already owned a $9 m apartment in Miami, that he bought in 2021,  as he said that he always wanted to play in the USA. It's interesting that back then the Saudi league didn't exist as an option, so if he didn't already own the apartment what would his decision have been had the Saudi's come knocking, as they did with Ronaldo?  Also,  his deal with Inter Miami involves an equity stake in the team and as Beckham's original stake of $20 m is now estimated to be worth over $1/2bn, that could be a very lucrative deal! . 

As for enjoying life in Saudi, I am sure Henderson will suck it up, secure in the knowledge that in a couple of years' time, the £70m he will have earned from his time there will enable him to live anywhere in the world he wants,  and in luxury,for the rest of his life.The only caveat to that is that he could probably have done so anyway as soon as he left Liverpool, whether that be now or in 2/3 years' time.