IGNORED

Jason Knight

petehinton

Loved the pockets of space he was picking up. Non stop running and always found himself in the right position to win ball back. 

I said when he signed if we don’t get promoted in the next couple of seasons we will make a very tidy profit on him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Was probably the transfer rumour that I was most excited about, and confirmed transfer (along with Dickie) I was most pleased by. But, like Piercy’s brilliant Bristol Live article last week, I’m gonna predict he’ll become most fans favourite player in the very near future after the season starts. 

Talk about an engine. I get tired just watching him, and we’ve only been allowed to see him live in a City shirt for two games. Feels like he just clicks everything together in midfield. 

For those who haven’t seen him yet, or those who don’t watch pre-season games to save themselves for the real stuff, I almost feel excited for you to see him play. Seriously. He’s like Brownhill and Korey Smith’s Irish love child. 

Incredible business by the club to get him in, can totally see why we were so set on him, went back for him with multiple bids and why Tinnion was grinning ear to ear “good to see you…..GREAT to see you” when they met at the HPC in his first day uncut video that the club put out. 

Don’t give him the Pete curse!! ??

In all seriousness though he’s going to be massive for us. Bigger than HNM’s hair!! Already looks incredibly shrewd business.

• Haha 1

I'm still a bit surprised we got him. I expected us to be just one of a host of clubs wanting to sign him. Perhaps we were in which case it speaks volumes for all those involved in recruitment.

Indeed from what he has said it seems that we were talking to him long before he signed and that he made up his mind pretty early. A bit of a coup I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

& so glad we have the HPC investment, imagine him spending time there with Ireland played a big part

I also wouldn’t underestimate the pull that Nigel Pearson has on players coming here aswell to be honest..

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

For me, you cannot underestimate the impact Pearson has.  Just as developing academy players and having a pathway becomes self-fulfilling as the better young players want to come here, the same is true for the first team.   

Pearson and his team are selecting players to fit a style of play and within that framework he is confident enough in himself to give players the responsibility and licence to perform without micromanaging them.  (We had a thread about Sean O'Driscoll recently, and this was Sean's philosophy too, although he wasn't able to bring in the same level of talent).   Young up and coming players know they will be given the best chance to develop and succeed here, and if we can't deliver promotion they will be able to improve to the point that they have a very good springboard to greater success elsewhere.   This in turns means we are able to attract the most up and coming talent here.  The cycle continues.

My guess is we will see the same virtuous circle for decent loan players from the Prem in the near future, and this may ultimately see us gain promotion.   

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, redrob said:

Looking forward to seeing him run all over The Den, hopefully with Alex Scott pulling strings in front of him and TCbanging three past Millwall! 

Scott & Knight in the midfield with James sitting is a great combination to have and I just hope we get to see this develop. Could easily become the best in the championship and push us towards the play offs

If Scott does leave then I’m sure the club have options that they will bring in but it would be fantastic to see them next Saturday on the team sheet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

For me, you cannot underestimate the impact Pearson has.  Just as developing academy players and having a pathway becomes self-fulfilling as the better young players want to come here, the same is true for the first team.   

Pearson and his team are selecting players to fit a style of play and within that framework he is confident enough in himself to give players the responsibility and licence to perform without micromanaging them.  (We had a thread about Sean O'Driscoll recently, and this was Sean's philosophy too, although he wasn't able to bring in the same level of talent).   Young up and coming players know they will be given the best chance to develop and succeed here, and if we can't deliver promotion they will be able to improve to the point that they have a very good springboard to greater success elsewhere.   This in turns means we are able to attract the most up and coming talent here.  The cycle continues.

My guess is we will see the same virtuous circle for decent loan players from the Prem in the near future, and this may ultimately see us gain promotion.   

Hmmm … I hope you mean either

”you cannot overestimate the impact Pearson has”

or

”you should not underestimate the impact Pearson has”.

What you wrote implies Pearson has no impact … ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Hmmm … I hope you mean either

”you cannot overestimate the impact Pearson has”

or

”you should not underestimate the impact Pearson has”.

What you wrote implies Pearson has no impact … ?

Yeah, never quite get that right.   Basically, Pearson's Bristol City smashing it. ?

• Like 1