IGNORED

The SC&T representing fans' concerns

phantom

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Mate

Do you see any benefit in having someone from here compile a list of queries, complaints etc prior to each meeting? This is by far the biggest forum loosely attached to the club, if the emotion were taken out of most of it there are some very valid points being made.

We also understand that not everyone from the scat are on here or are very busy with other stuff in their life

At least if you had something to take along by way of a list we could knock them off as responded to?

I'm surprised that question wasn't asked, it's probably one of the biggest mysteries around the kit debacle

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

But you don't mind me having to pay an extra £10 on the cost of my season ticket in order to cover the additional admin costs of yours? I've also followed the club through 60 years of thick and thin!

I don't think they'll put the price up across the board Dave. They'll charge those wanting the plastic, as an incentive to switch to digital.

If they try to put them up to everyone they'll just get inundated with requests for cards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Mate

Do you see any benefit in having someone from here compile a list of queries, complaints etc prior to each meeting? This is by far the biggest forum loosely attached to the club, if the emotion were taken out of most of it there are some very valid points being made.

We also understand that not everyone from the scat are on here or are very busy with other stuff in their life

At least if you had something to take along by way of a list we could knock them off as responded to?

Although people from the SC&T are on OTIB, it's not an "official" method of communication with them. If you want to compile a list of issues then I'd say your best bet would be to use the official contact methods:

Contact

You can contact the Supporters Club & Trust via any of the following means:

E-mail us at info@bristolcitysupporters.org

Write to us at:

B C S C T

PO BOX 3296

Bristol BS3 9HD

You can also interact with us via social media:

Twitter: @BristolCitySCT

Facebook: Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust

And, as ever, meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month, by Zoom, @shahanshahan posts notice of them on here and all are welcome. You don't need to be a member to join that call.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Although people from the SC&T are on OTIB, it's not an "official" method of communication with them. If you want to compile a list of issues then I'd say your best bet would be to use the official contact methods:

Contact

Write to us at:

B C S C T

PO BOX 3296

Bristol BS3 9HD

And, as ever, meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month, by Zoom, @shahanshahan posts notice of them on here and all are welcome. You don't need to be a member to join that call.

Might be worth trialling a thread on the Forum in the week leading up to a meeting.

If people can see issues being raised and answers being supplied it might encourage more engagement and help them increase membership.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Contact

Write to us at:

B C S C T

PO BOX 3296

Bristol BS3 9HD

Genuinely don't get why the supporters club & trust official channel ISN'T the main source of fans interaction and opinion, which is this forum. 

It's open to everyone, can see people's comments and replies, so it's much easier to see what's happening, what's been raised and what's been resolved & rectified. 

You also know you'll get reasoned responses on here, unlike the cess pit that is twitter etc. 

• Like 1

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might be worth trialling a thread on the Forum in the week leading up to a meeting.

If people can see issues being raised and answers being supplied it might encourage more engagement and help them increase membership.

As above there is always a thread mentioning a meeting coming up, for reference there's a meeting tomorrow night but shahanshahan is currently in Australia watching the Lionesses 

As soon as I get the details, if required I will share on here

In the past when people have specifically contacted me with a query I've always gone back to them with a response 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Akira said:

Genuinely don't get why the supporters club & trust official channel ISN'T the main source of fans interaction and opinion, which is this forum. 

It's open to everyone, can see people's comments and replies, so it's much easier to see what's happening, what's been raised and what's been resolved & rectified. 

You also know you'll get reasoned responses on here, unlike the cess pit that is twitter etc. 

Whilst many would agree with you, you may be surprised by the massive dislike of not only this forum but also of the people who post on here by other social media platforms. 

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Whilst many would agree with you, you may be surprised by the massive dislike of not only this forum but also of the people who post on here by other social media platforms. 

So if we didn't like them on the other forums would you stop using them as official channels?

Without speaking out of turn I hope, there are some right morons or maybe fairer loud yet wrong posters on Bristol City Till I Die.

I recall one particular individual ranting and raving last year about the Medical Incident v Swansea. That female poster was vocal..shame she was wrong. If she would care to read the EFL guidance on such matters she was certainly wrong.

That said some on here were also wrong but a greater ratio on there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sorry, I don't get what you are asking? 

You suggested that the posts and this forum are unlikely by people who use other platforms, so I think the comment was made to suggest that if people on this Forum decide they dislike Twitter, you should stop canvassing opinion from there.

At least, that's how I read the comment from @frenchred

Not sure why you can't consider all platforms.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

I don't think they'll put the price up across the board Dave. They'll charge those wanting the plastic, as an incentive to switch to digital.

If they try to put them up to everyone they'll just get inundated with requests for cards.

I agree.

I suppose we should be grateful that our only grumble is about whether or not we have a card. It could be a lot worse……..not having a seat, not having a row, not even having a whole stand ??

• Haha 3

I am on OTIB, albeit not a regular poster. I have been following the threads on O'Neills and the digital ticketing. As I have on Facebook, Twitter (X) and Instagram. During the season I regularly visit pubs and talk to people in the Supporters Bar. At away matches too. People get in touch with us directly, which is why I knew about the disabled parking issue.

We did give it a good go on Friday, especially around kits. I just heard this afternoon that the away kit will be here late August/early September. It doesn't answer all of the other issues on kits. We'll go again on that one.

As Phants said, let's build the relationship with Phil Alexander as we did with Richard Gould and tried to with Mark Ashton. Better to be in the room talking than outside looking in.

Cheers

Stu

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

2 hours ago, Akira said:

It's a fair question asked very politely. I don't know the answer and the following is my own view and doesn't necessarily reflect that of the SC&T. 

I'd say three things.

Firstly, of course OTIB is monitored by members of the SC&T. It isn't an official conduit for information and opinion to flow from fans to the SC&T, but it's definitely an unofficial one.

Secondly, it's fine to have those official and unofficial methods of communication and OTIB being unofficial doesn't mean that something posted here won't be picked up, it should simply mean that the views put forward my official means take priority and if time and resources are tight, they get dealt with first.

Finally, I personally think that making people put a little tiny bit of effort into making their point automatically filters out the louder, more knee jerk, less considered, or more troublesome contributions. Honestly were I in control I'd probably have an email address, a written address, and the standing invitation to attend meetings as the three official means of communication. I'd sack off all social media as an official method of contact and make people put some leg work in.

Again, very much not the official line, but my view. I'm happy with OTIB being an unofficial sounding board.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's a fair question asked very politely. I don't know the answer and the following is my own view and doesn't necessarily reflect that of the SC&T. 

I'd say three things.

Firstly, of course OTIB is monitored by members of the SC&T. It isn't an official conduit for information and opinion to flow from fans to the SC&T, but it's definitely an unofficial one.

Secondly, it's fine to have those official and unofficial methods of communication and OTIB being unofficial doesn't mean that something posted here won't be picked up, it should simply mean that the views out forward my official means take priority and if time and resources are tight, they get dealt with first.

Finally, I personally think that making people put a little tiny bit of effort into making their point automatically filters out the louder, more knee jerk, less considered, or more troublesome contributions. Honestly were I in control I'd probably have an email address, a written address, and the standing invitation to attend meetings as the three official means of communication. I'd sack off all social media as an official method of contact and make people put some leg work in.

Again, very much not the official line, but my view. I'm happy with OTIB being an unofficial sounding board.

Thanks for your reply, and I do get the whole leg work thing, along with knee jerk reactions, I mean, just gotta see the match day thread sometimes for that! 

However football isn't like any other industry or business. It's built purely on emotion. If football didn't grab you or I at that young age, we wouldn't have stood watching our beloved team in the pouring down rain on a wet, cold Tuesday night in (insert UK location here), travelling hundreds of miles to watch a bunch of millionaires run around for 90 mins. 

We do it because we love our club. And whilst some of the reactions on social media, the forum etc are heat of the moment instances, I think the real, genuine issues, aren't. And by limiting the channels, the sources of info, if it was done by letter or email only, you'd be cutting your nose off to spite your face IMO. 

I appreciate Phantom's response, but whenever I see feedback on here, it's always constructive, and I'd say pretty invaluable. The frustrations come from the heart, for the love of the club, and knowing that it feels like at times, the club doesn't care, or listen for that matter. 

Just reading that the club & the hierarchy were surprised to hear the fallout regarding the kits (wait to they hear what we think of the club shop and stock!) is painful, as all it takes is someone from the club, like an SLO, to read some of the key threads, and feed that back. Maybe I'm being far too naive here, but that can't be too hard to do, surely? And yes, I've read about being stretched too thin etc etc, but the whole point of SLO and the trust is to be a vocal point, a medium, between the paying fans and the club. 

Other companies pay thousands just to try and gain some feedback from their customers. Here you've got it in abundance, for FREE! Yet decide to not do much with it, which is frustrating at the best of times. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, thatcham red said:

I am on OTIB, albeit not a regular poster. I have been following the threads on O'Neills and the digital ticketing. As I have on Facebook, Twitter (X) and Instagram. During the season I regularly visit pubs and talk to people in the Supporters Bar. At away matches too. People get in touch with us directly, which is why I knew about the disabled parking issue.

We did give it a good go on Friday, especially around kits. I just heard this afternoon that the away kit will be here late August/early September. It doesn't answer all of the other issues on kits. We'll go again on that one.

As Phants said, let's build the relationship with Phil Alexander as we did with Richard Gould and tried to with Mark Ashton. Better to be in the room talking than outside looking in.

Cheers

Stu

Do they have any plans of doing Q&As like they have done in the past? I've always found them to be rather insightful. 

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Do they have any plans of doing Q&As like they have done in the past? I've always found them to be rather insightful. 

Not sure is the honest answer.

I used to organise them in pubs at away games for many years. The football club did one at Preston back in the Mark Ashton era, but it seems that these have stopped. Much of the content is pushed out digitally these days and although quite insightful around the playing side of things, not so much interaction on these other off field issues.

Jerry does a top job working many hours over and above. If he doesn't answer a question it is simply because there isn't one to give. It will be lost in the malaise of decision-making between Bristol Sport and the football club. The group structure is complicated and confuses things. It really does.

• Thanks 1

I used to organise them in pubs at away games for many years. The football club did one at Preston back in the Mark Ashton era, but it seems that these have stopped. Much of the content is pushed out digitally these days and although quite insightful around the playing side of things, not so much interaction on these other off field issues.

Jerry does a top job working many hours over and above. If he doesn't answer a question it is simply because there isn't one to give. It will be lost in the malaise of decision-making between Bristol Sport and the football club. The group structure is complicated and confuses things. It really does.

I recall those Q&As with some affection - they were appreciated. Crewe for example, SL looking awkward on a pub stage being asked a raft of questions - some very pertinent, some very daft - by the travelling support. The point was less what was said - can't remember anything of note - more that the billionaire who owned our club was in the same slightly grotty beery room as the people who travel all over the country, the people we are told in every post-match interview are of such great value to the players and staff. Face to face with 'the fans' as real human beings as opposed to some nameless block. In the interim - and the Crewe meeting I recall was nearly 9 years ago - the boss class at City have got ever more distant and the comms, however slick it might aspire to be, seems to lack authenticity. 

• Like 4

Communication has almost ground to a halt full stop, I'd argue the Jerry bit as well unfortunately 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thatcham red said:

Cheers

Stu

We'll never have such a good relationship as we had with Richard Gould. Son of an ex City player, brought up in Portishead, worked for us twenty years ago. And a brilliant communicator.

I don't even remember seeing any photos of Alexander when he arrived here. I haven't heard him on Radio Bris like Gould did or seen any statements in press, internet or Club web site. 

In fact while we have one of the best football managers that we've ever had, the rest of Bristol Sport seems to be on the downward trend quicker than the St Moritz ski run. The ST fiasco three days before season starts is so indicative of a shambles off the pitch.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, phantom said:

I would be more worried if the members of City 'Til I Die on Facebook did like the forum.  

11 hours ago, Akira said:

Thanks for your reply, and I do get the whole leg work thing, along with knee jerk reactions, I mean, just gotta see the match day thread sometimes for that! 

However football isn't like any other industry or business. It's built purely on emotion. If football didn't grab you or I at that young age, we wouldn't have stood watching our beloved team in the pouring down rain on a wet, cold Tuesday night in (insert UK location here), travelling hundreds of miles to watch a bunch of millionaires run around for 90 mins. 

We do it because we love our club. And whilst some of the reactions on social media, the forum etc are heat of the moment instances, I think the real, genuine issues, aren't. And by limiting the channels, the sources of info, if it was done by letter or email only, you'd be cutting your nose off to spite your face IMO. 

I appreciate Phantom's response, but whenever I see feedback on here, it's always constructive, and I'd say pretty invaluable. The frustrations come from the heart, for the love of the club, and knowing that it feels like at times, the club doesn't care, or listen for that matter. 

Just reading that the club & the hierarchy were surprised to hear the fallout regarding the kits (wait to they hear what we think of the club shop and stock!) is painful, as all it takes is someone from the club, like an SLO, to read some of the key threads, and feed that back. Maybe I'm being far too naive here, but that can't be too hard to do, surely? And yes, I've read about being stretched too thin etc etc, but the whole point of SLO and the trust is to be a vocal point, a medium, between the paying fans and the club. 

Other companies pay thousands just to try and gain some feedback from their customers. Here you've got it in abundance, for FREE! Yet decide to not do much with it, which is frustrating at the best of times. 

I do agree with what you are saying.  I also get that there are some views on here that are batshit crazy, others that are just too damn polarising to get a consensus on.  And far too many that will just derail a thread into fish puns.

However.  There are some very reasonable people on here, and this is as valid a forum (literally) for views, opinions and suggestions as you'll get.

Is there any value in a sub-forum, with access granted to members of the SC&T, to be able to discuss or put opinion forward for those who don't so much like those other channels?  I know this will meet with people saying "It should be for all fans not just those who are members of the SC&T", but the reality is if your opinion is strong enough you'll gladly part with the price of a pint a month to join.  Just a thought.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I recall those Q&As with some affection - they were appreciated. Crewe for example, SL looking awkward on a pub stage being asked a raft of questions - some very pertinent, some very daft - by the travelling support. The point was less what was said - can't remember anything of note - more that the billionaire who owned our club was in the same slightly grotty beery room as the people who travel all over the country, the people we are told in every post-match interview are of such great value to the players and staff. Face to face with 'the fans' as real human beings as opposed to some nameless block. In the interim - and the Crewe meeting I recall was nearly 9 years ago - the boss class at City have got ever more distant and the comms, however slick it might aspire to be, seems to lack authenticity. 

Completely agree. The Q&A at Crewe was cracking. Probably the noisiest and most interactive ever. Steve had to stop occasionally to wait for a well intentioned song or chant to end. The then CEO, John Pelling (remember him?), stood awkwardly on the stage in support. Like you, I am not sure this type of engagement has been seen anywhere else. Fair play to Steve and Maggie for pitching up in all sorts of pubs over the years.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Completely agree. The Q&A at Crewe was cracking. Probably the noisiest and most interactive ever. Steve had to stop occasionally to wait for a well intentioned song or chant to end. The then CEO, John Pelling (remember him?), stood awkwardly on the stage in support. Like you, I am not sure this type of engagement has been seen anywhere else. Fair play to Steve and Maggie for pitching up in all sorts of pubs over the years.

If general communication was better from the club the Messiah and his Mrs wouldn't have to pitch up at various pubs

Your continual support of everything lansdown becomes tedious to be honest

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

From what I've read we have the following areas where the process could be imporved.

SCAT could/should be better at repesenting fans

SLO could be better at feedback concerns raised by SCAT to decision makers at the club

Decision makers at the club need to commit time to attend these meetings

Communication from the club needs to be improved

Actions that are taken away should also include a follow-up/expected close date. I won't be surprised for example, that before the club come back to SCAT with a release date (which I assume is for the away kit), that kit has already been released and has been commented on by many posters on here.

A lot of this makes me wonder if the club view SCAT as something they just give lip-service to and don't take them seriously. 

It's like many things, the nice things  (awards dinners, etc) are the easy things to do. The tougher stuff, not so.

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Is there any value in a sub-forum, with access granted to members of the SC&T, to be able to discuss or put opinion forward for those who don't so much like those other channels?  I know this will meet with people saying "It should be for all fans not just those who are members of the SC&T", but the reality is if your opinion is strong enough you'll gladly part with the price of a pint a month to join.  Just a thought.

This is something that could be looked into, an additional benefit to those that are members of the SC&T

This is solely my personal opinion, so not sure what others will think - this evenings SC&T meeting has been postponed due to the number of people not being available, but I will certainly make a note to bring this up at Septembers meeting

• Like 2