IGNORED

Leroy Lita

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Where have you seen he had a knock? He was just left out wasn't he?

Odd decision, but he only had about 5 goals that season, he wasn't prime form Lita at that stage -  still would have caused Brighton massive problems, didn't they have a really slow defence that day?

Saw the tweet though and couldn't believe he was still playing. Southern League Prem at 38, fair play.

Don't feed it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Don't feed it.

But now it makes sense why he rates Wilson so highly,  he has invented "alternative facts" to be able to overlook the failings the rest of us judge him by. My favourite thing about Robbored's Wilson side was how they were all tee-total and tucked up safely in bed by 8pm on a Saturday evening.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

As the years pass I have more tolerance for his nonsense behaviour off the pitch because if anyone had a tough start in life, he did.

On the pitch he was bloody good, strong, quick & a proper goalscorer.

Only at City though could we have a 50 goal strike partnership & fail to even make the playoffs or the season before have a clown in charge who didn’t even put him on the subs bench for the most important game of the season.

Him and Brooker in their prime was one of my favourite combinations , Lita beating men for pace and poaching . Then Brooker with his strength guile and ability to score outside the box . 

45 minutes ago, Ian M said:

But now it makes sense why he rates Wilson so highly,  he has invented "alternative facts" to be able to overlook the failings the rest of us judge him by. My favourite thing about Robbored's Wilson side was how they were all tee-total and tucked up safely in bed by 8pm on a Saturday evening.

Absolutely never bottled the big games, either.

23 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Him and Brooker in their prime was one of my favourite combinations , Lita beating men for pace and poaching . Then Brooker with his strength guile and ability to score outside the box . 

I always liked how quick he was in the box while others were static from set prices. I remember a couple of goals at MK Dons when they were at the Hockey Stadium as well as Brentford where he seemed to zip about everywhere before anyone else had moved to bundle the ball over the line anyway he could.

First memory of Lita was a pre season friendly at Hereford where we won a penalty which Liam Rosenoir was about to take but Leroy was having none of it and snacthed the ball and duly put the penalty away. Could see we had something different from that day on.

Edited by Barry Sheene
spelling

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lita did well for City, shame he had a knock and missed the pray off final.

Don't know where u get your info?............but it is just NOT true.  Leroy was left on the bench, despite him being fit and healthy.  Although It is now history,   he would probably have scored at least a hat-trick, and been MOM?   PS. If you are  trying to be wittily ironic, i apologise.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Don't know where u get your info?............but it is just NOT true.  Leroy was left on the bench, despite him being fit and healthy.  Although It is now history,   he would probably have scored at least a hat-trick, and been MOM?   PS. If you are  trying to be wittily ironic, i apologise.

Without being a pedant, I don't think he was in the squad and not being on the bench was the issue! But hey I've tried to put that bloody afternoon out of my mind for years!

• Like 4

Just now, REDOXO said:

Without being a pedant, I don't think he was in the squad and not being on the bench was the issue! But hey I've tried to put that bloody afternoon out of my mind for years!

Me too.............and what ever happened to that vertically challenged goalscorer?   Cannot believe it was 19 years ago!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

One of my favourite memories was of him scoring 3 goals in 12 minutes against Torquay in the mist - I live 8 miles from Torquay so going to work on the Monday was great!!

I was there and didn’t bloody one of them - mist ?  more like dense xxxxxxx fog 

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

He makes it up to fit his agenda, especially when the glorious Danny Wilson and his band of merry (or pissed) men are mentioned. 

Wilson didn't think he was good enough and/or ready to start that game. Simple. No training ground injury or knock (first time I've ever heard that), he just wasn't picked. A mistake that could have cost Wilson his job.