IGNORED

Preston North End home match thread

Referee is allowing the physicality on our lads, they need to stop trying to go shoulder to shoulder and I reckon the Preston players would give away fouls rather than the ref seeing it as shoulder-to-shoulder, would get us more set pieces. That aside, we're not creating anything right now, Preston looking far more composed on the ball. We're being closed down very quickly and don't seem able to move it about enough to retain possession.

Preston have set up really well, they're letting us have it deep in the middle and then closing us in on the wide positions so we have nowhere to go, we need the midfield to offer a lot faster from the wings, at the moment we're far too spaced out so we can't chain together any passing moves.

• Like 3

Not surprised the crowd is quiet, we don't seem able to chain more than 3 passes together. Hardly the kind of performance so far that is going to get the fans going. We're also playing the odd dangerous pass due to being closed down so effectively. 
I still don't understand Williams coming on for Weimann, I mean we need someone in the middle willing to come to the ball and run with it right now, usually that would be Scott but Williams isn't going to do that so why not bring on Mehmeti and say "run at them"?

I feel like if Scott goes we certainly need a man to come in who will take the ball on in a deep position and be confident enough to create space to make a forward pass, right now we have 3 CM's on the pitch and none of them are creating anything.

Also, Bell should be doing better there, first real chance.