IGNORED

Preston North End home match thread

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

And in equal measure maybe Pearson has been told by the club to say it's an injury because it's the day before the opening game and fans will still be buying shirts and be optimistic. With shirt sales probably being down from having them early last season, no away kit and the third going down poorly I highly doubt they'd be happy to announce our star player is leaving with so much footfall going through the store today, they're going to want to sell as many shirts as possible.

Not sure that the club’s PR would even be that bad….it’s too early in the season for that level of cynicism..

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

5 minutes queue at the dolman/South Stand entrance. I had 'issues' and stood aside not to hold up the queue. Got it to work eventually by holding in a certain position. Hopefully all will be well in future. Lovely bright sunshine day at the moment ?

Odd isn’t it. I went in the same entrance and it worked before I’d even thought about how I was holding it!

3 minutes ago, cityal said:

Stuck in a tent on North Devon coast for this one. Antoni has been battering us since around midnight. Internet service patchy so no stream possible today. I will stick to refreshing this mdt every few minutes, so keep it entertaining!

Team looks strong, including bench. Like others I'd have gone with sykes over cornick. However cornick was very good last weekend at pompey imo

I watched the Pompey game and one flick over his head and then a run before hitting a shot that was a comfortable save for their keeper was about it in terms of goal threat he offered. Battled for the ball well I suppose, but always looks a bit of a manic individual to me with no real link-up with the rest of the team. Sykes comes on and hits a calm assured shot into the net, I suspect Cornick might not have taken that chance.

Still plenty of sub options if he doesn't work out. Love him to prove me wrong and net a hat-trick!

Just now, IAmNick said:

Walking to the gate with my partner sat at home, 5 days overdue for our second child.

With the quality of the phone signal and tannoy I might be heading back with an unexpected 3 points and baby!

Part timer! My Dad was at a reserves game when I was born.?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Had this conversation yesterday. With both of them performing well in pre season I have no issue with either of them started because that’s a great replacement to bring on after 60mins. I would have leant more towards Conway starting though. 

I’d also have Conway but we are going to have to get used to the fact that our squad depth now means that - when everyone is fit - there will be seven or eight players not starting who it is easy to make a case for being in the starting line up. I reckon Roberts, Williams, Sykes, Conway and Mehmeti can all justifiably feel a little unlucky not to start today and it would not surprise me if Araoye started to make someone else feel unlucky as the season progresses.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Woodman

Storey Lindsay Hughes

Potts Browne (c) Ledson Best

Frokjaer McCann

Keane

My Preston friend said they have not been at all good pre season, she is worried about today.

I hope she is right as when she told me that I did think oh no, defeat for us then!

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Guess we will see next week if he goes or not.   Your comparison doesn’t make sense. Neither of those players are heavily linked with a move away where an injury could hamper that move. Pretty clear the ‘knock’ is invented.  I don’t blame the club for doing it. Makes perfect sense 

I don’t think you can say Pearson is full of BS. He just said that Scott had a knock on his knee in mid week; it’s ok but need the swelling to go down. 

I like the fact that after 60 mins we can replace the whole of the front 3 and still have a forward line many could say is our first choice!

Start with Bell Wells Cornick

Finish with Mehmeti Conway Sykes

Will be interested to see how Andi gets on. Playing deeper than when he scored all those goals for us, so will need to be disciplined out of possession and quick to support the front guys.