IGNORED

Preston North End home match thread

11 minutes ago, redkev said:

Either a 1 nil or 2-1 city win , much tougher game than people think  Preston are an established championship side who very rarely get sucked into the relegation dogfight if any thing they generally flirt from middle table to not far off the play off places .

so much optimism ( rightly so ) but get a feeling today won’t quite reach the heights we are expecting hoping,  although I do think there will be glimpses of what to look forward too .

A hard fought win with city hanging on near the end , 

wells & Sykes

Agree with you. That said I'm the most optimistic I've been at the start of a season since Cott's days. Still settle for a narrow win.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, redkev said:

Remember turning up one year first game of season against Blackpool full of optimism ( and cider ?) and within 20 seconds we were 1 down ?????

Nothing compares to that opening home game against newly promoted Millwall. SC first game in charge. Almost caused me a heart attack.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

My first game in over a year, I had a heart attack this day last year and never knew the score of the Sunderland game for a week..

I had Bypass then long road back to recovery, I Never felt confident enough to go to any games last season.

Now looking forward to today's game, Apart from the ****ing weather

PS Do the Brislington P%R still do the night matches

Wow.. welcome back and yes the P&R runs on evening games.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Nothing compares to that opening home game against newly promoted Millwall. SC first game in charge. Almost caused me a heart attack.

Didn’t we lose by the same score at home to Ipswich the following opening day..? Nightmare. 

5 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I think it nearly caused Coppell a heart attack, we also lost in league cup 3 days later to Southend (whatever happened to them) and i think that was that !!!

18 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I think it nearly caused Coppell a heart attack, we also lost in league cup 3 days later to Southend (whatever happened to them) and i think that was that !!!

Yup and that was it.

Thats the only time prior to the game I’ve felt so so optimistic that it was borderline cockiness for me we would win the league. 

Quickly learned my lesson from that day on.

28 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Oh yes that wasn’t good either , David James debut I believe ??

Just now, Chivs said:

And please don't bother if it's 2.59pm ?

Digressing slightly, but I noticed last night that my usual trusted and reliable streams appear to have been taken down.

I could get no joy whatsoever from Daddy or VIP.

Does anybody know if this is limited to me or have they been disabled?

Finally, is anyone able to provide me (by PM if need be) with details of a functioning stream, both for today and going forward, or at least a stream for this afternoon?

Many Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Digressing slightly, but I noticed last night that my usual trusted and reliable streams appear to have been taken down.

I could get no joy whatsoever from Daddy or VIP.

Does anybody know if this is limited to me or have they been disabled?

Finally, is anyone able to provide me (by PM if need be) with details of a functioning stream, both for today and going forward, or at least a stream for this afternoon?

Many Thanks in advance.

I watched the game last night on VIP, but it went down about 5 minutes from the end.

Seems to still be working.

58 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

My first game in over a year, I had a heart attack this day last year and never knew the score of the Sunderland game for a week..

I had Bypass then long road back to recovery, I Never felt confident enough to go to any games last season.

Now looking forward to today's game, Apart from the ****ing weather

PS Do the Brislington P%R still do the night matches

Welcome back fella and hope your recovery is going well! Enjoy the game! #OTIB #COYR

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ha. Perfectly fair of you to think that the OS might have the updated squad numbers on the squad profile page...but our website guys don't think like that I guess.

Things aren't that joined up at AG, the complex structure doesn't help.