IGNORED

Preston North End home match thread

We’re back and this time we mean business!

Interesting to see their fans predictions, loads going for Mehmeti first goal scorer, I can see him getting a few this season though he may have to do it coming from the bench on Saturday.

I’m optimistic for the season but as this is Bristol City I’ve a feeling we’ll be brought down to earth a bit with a slightly disappointing 1-1 draw, Conway.

• Like 1

So we are expecting an attendance of around 25k?  Always get a good crowd for the first game and if we perform well, the crowds will stay high, so a good display will be vital to our income stream.

Not sure whether we will see any of the new boys - Roberts maybe?  Has Alex Scott really got a knock or is a transfer imminent?

Looking forward to the season despite the number of sicknotes we have already before it even kicks off.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So we are expecting an attendance of around 25k?  Always get a good crowd for the first game and if we perform well, the crowds will stay high, so a good display will be vital to our income stream.

Not sure whether we will see any of the new boys - Roberts maybe?  Has Alex Scott really got a knock or is a transfer imminent?

Looking forward to the season despite the number of sicknotes we have already before it even kicks off.

Will be around 23.5k I'd have though. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

Will be around 23.5k I'd have though. 

Yes, away end holds about 4.2k out of capacity of 27k. Maybe in the range of 23.5-24k, all depends how many Preston bring in total.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

We don't employ stewards though do we, thought we used an agency to bring in stewards with a different number needed from game to game.

9 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

So you don't think there would be any extra cost to the cub?

Mixture of in-house and agency. Can certainly flex the latter subject to demand, capacity requirement etc.

A while ago an article said it was 1 steward required per 250 fans. I don't know if it is years out of date and in higher risk areas or games this falls to 1 per 100. Will try to find some more up to date source.

In effect it would mean you would need to pay if we stuck 1,00 fans in thete.. anywhere between 4-10 extra stewards plus any additional costs of segregation or amenities.

• Like 1