IGNORED

Preston North End home match thread

Quite excited about todays game. Feels like ages and the new season seems filled with optimism. Lots of questions that if the answer is yes, we can have a really positive season at the right end of the table.

Can Conway push on and become our talisman striker?

Can we maintain a high press and energy more consistently?

Can we eradicate errors at the back?

Can Mehmeti bring more consistent end product? 

Not sure why I don't feel like Alex Scott will be still here end of the month. Feels a little like going to a take that concert with no Robbie. One thing is for sure, gonna be an interesting journey. Strap in and enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

Hoping for a good season.

Quietly optimistic we can challenge for 6 place.

Squad looks pretty strong and lots of competition.

Players Key to success this year

Conway - Will he get 20+

Max - Will he be 1st GK by Jan

Dickie - Stay fit & back to best

Mehmeti - Does he deliver on the promise (gives us X factor)

Knight - Will he give us that extra we need in midfield

Also Scott if he stays.

COYR

No drinking outside of the Spanish bar today if anyone usually goes there. 

He’s been threatened with removal of his licence if people do so & spill out onto the road. 

He’s had to take the decision of closing after the game today because he knows he won’t be able to police it. 

Can imagine that’s going to cost him a fair bit of income. 

Edited by Carey 6
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Remember everyone:

9 substitutes named on the bench.

5 can be used.

3 opportunities to make subs during play.

Subs can also be made at half-time.

Special rules around concussions.

And also new added on time rules.

Think it will mean Final scores probably won't come in now till 5pm - maybe even later than 5pm if first halves run extra long. Not sure if I'm going to like this new rule or not. It's going to shred nerves if nothing else.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

My first game in over a year, I had a heart attack this day last year and never knew the score of the Sunderland game for a week..

I had Bypass then long road back to recovery, I Never felt confident enough to go to any games last season.

Now looking forward to today's game, Apart from the ****ing weather

PS Do the Brislington P%R still do the night matches

A real shame, just take it easy and don't get too excited everytime we score, which I want to be 4. I might even allow North End to get 1, but hopefully not. Take care Ciderhead, Come On You Red's!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ha. Perfectly fair of you to think that the OS might have the updated squad numbers on the squad profile page...but our website guys don't think like that I guess.

I like the fact that they were showing the KO for todays game as 03.00 on January !st, earlier in the week.

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Preston fans not confident, City fans quietly confident, I can't handle this level of expectation!

Has there been a sweepstake yet on when the first FFS will be posted after kick off?

After kickoff? I can see this happening when the team lineup is announced.

Queue..

14:02 FFS whys he gone with that team! Square pegs in round holes springs to mind.

15:03 Cornick is terrible hope he gets subbed quickly.

15:10 Preston get an early goal, knew we should of got a LCB and Dickie is rubbish.

15:11 Were doomed and destined for relegation

We then win 2 - 1 with posters bringing up how wrong the initial overreaction was.

That's how I see it panning out and I'm glad the footy is back!!

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

No drinking outside of the Spanish bar today if anyone usually goes there. 

He’s been threatened with removal of his licence if people do so & spill out onto the road. 

He’s had to take the decision of closing after the game today because he knows he won’t be able to police it. 

Can imagine that’s going to cost him a fair bit of income. 

Here we go old bill getting involved in something and nothing , let people enjoy themselves and police it accordingly if there’s an incident , 

just put orange vests on and stand in the road outside ( honestly what’s the difference )