IGNORED

Stadium clock

54-46

8 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Talking about new rules, in the technical area only one person (manager) is allowed during the game, yet Preston had 2 coaches in the technical area during play,yet the ref did nothing, on Friday night the ref booked the second coach for being in there, inconsistent refs again, 

I noticed this too. 

Also there didn’t seem to be as much standing over the ball by players when the opposition had a free kick, which is a good thing. 

5 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

According to EFL rules no club are allowed to show any 3pm  live game on the big screen, 

I believe clubs are allowed to show there own game live inside the stadium if you ever go in a corporate it's live on the TV in there, as others have said just not allowed to show things that could upset the crowd, it's something I am pretty sure I have seen done at other grounds when I have been away, 

Last year we showed things like attempts at goal almost live not sure this is that different 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

I would like to see the line ups and squad numbers on the big screen from time to time during the match. Not everyone has a programme to hand. Also they can signal who is on a yellow card and who has scored the goals.

I'd love to see something like below. A lot more useful than footage of the game that literally nobody is watching.

scoreboard.jpg

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, sugarwray said:

I would like to see the line ups and squad numbers on the big screen from time to time during the match. Not everyone has a programme to hand. Also they can signal who is on a yellow card and who has scored the goals.

And jokingly, I’d like to know from whom we signed them ?

we spent quite a lot of Saturday’s game going, “where did he come from? Who’s that? What’s his name? Has he been here for ages? I don’t remember signing him!” ??

53 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

And jokingly, I’d like to know from whom we signed them ?

we spent quite a lot of Saturday’s game going, “where did he come from? Who’s that? What’s his name? Has he been here for ages? I don’t remember signing him!” ??

I have wondered whether, when announcing the teams, if they could say “and back at Ashton Gate” for ex city players and something different, perhaps “and back in Bristol” for the former gas players. I rarely forget the ex City players but I lose track of those that played for the blue few.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

I have wondered whether, when announcing the teams, if they could say “and back at Ashton Gate” for ex city players and something different, perhaps “and back in Bristol” for the former gas players. I rarely forget the ex City players but I lose track of those that played for the blue few.

there didn't seem to be any announcement about those making their debut…unless I missed it

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 23:09, Mr Popodopolous said:

While I'm at it, was stoppage time too low?

I thought so..under the new rules the Weimann injury, the substitutions plus the varied Preston time wasting I dunno if there was enough.

Preston time wasting? We were lucky Max’s horrendous time wasting didnt add on more time for Preston to grab a winner!! ?

3 hours ago, sugarwray said:

Yes, then we can all boo them together!

?

5 hours ago, sugarwray said:

Probably better to say..."And a player who has been fortunate enough to escape the club elsewhere in Bristol who like to ignore Planning Permission.............?"  Bit of a mouthful i know...but factually correct....

Edited by maxjak

18 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I'd love to see something like below. A lot more useful than footage of the game that literally nobody is watching.

scoreboard.jpg

what was funny is that the size of the players and the action on the screen is significantly smaller than the actual events unfolding before us. so what is the point???

(maybe they are satisfying those screen addicts - i mean the bloke who sits along from us, who is normally off his tits on coke, usually watches the darts on his phone during a game, so he prob thought it was brilliant)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/08/2023 at 22:39, elhombrecito said:

scoreboard.jpg

There are occasions that I need to watch the screen or I can't see any of the action - usually from 35 minutes to half time as there is a steady stream of people wandering down to the concourse, for example